Thread: F#

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

F#

Is F# faster than C# - Blogs at Near Infinity

It's a bit faster than C#. Some things I like about it is that it supports units of measurement. Looks good for math also. hm. What do you guys think of it?

Edit: did not see this https://www.mpgh.net/forum/27-coders-.../298606-f.html

Well, this thread should be about speed and functionality
    Last edited by Stephen; 06-02-2011 at 12:03 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    Is F# faster than C# - Blogs at Near Infinity

It's a bit faster than C#. Some things I like about it is that it supports units of measurement. Looks good for math also. hm. What do you guys think of it?
    It depends of how you code the goddamn thing ; If you code thingies that produce the same IL for both languages ; Performances will be the exact same thing.

But as they are both fuzzy microsoft languages, Coding "samish" Algorythms in both languages doesn't guarantee an exact same IL output, Hence the performance differece, And also hence why some things that look same will be faster in C#, Or faster in F#. None's faster, It just depends how you code your crap., Still true that some things will have faster implementations in one language or thing, But that's Microsoft, You can still most of the times manage to find a way to have two exactly same outputs if you like reversing and headaches.
    Love You All~

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Melodia For This Useful Post:

Stephen (06-02-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Melodia View Post

It depends of how you code the goddamn thing ; If you code thingies that produce the same IL for both languages ; Performances will be the exact same thing.

But as they are both fuzzy microsoft languages, Coding "samish" Algorythms in both languages doesn't guarantee an exact same IL output, Hence the performance differece, And also hence why some things that look same will be faster in C#, Or faster in F#. None's faster, It just depends how you code your crap., Still true that some things will have faster implementations in one language or thing, But that's Microsoft, You can still most of the times manage to find a way to have two exactly same outputs if you like reversing and headaches.
    Thanks for the input, I understand what you are saying, it seems to be faster even if you do what you said. Well, the small percentage of speed increase doesn't bother me into learning another language. It's to much of a hassle learning for a increase of speed or little simple tweaks.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post

Thanks for the input, I understand what you are saying, it seems to be faster even if you do what you said. Well, the small percentage of speed increase doesn't bother me into learning another language. It's to much of a hassle learning for a increase of speed or little simple tweaks.
    Code Optimization in C-Like languages is something that comes with time.
    Love You All~

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by Melodia View Post

Code Optimization in C-Like languages is something that comes with time.
    Though with C#, it might never happen... since its something Microsoft can say our CPUs can deal with. How nice :)