Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

Be careful with hfs mods

I didn't write this but I'm going to put it up here on the forums.I won't give credit to the site cause it's against the rules here.But I will give credit for the person who posted it @ GVZ sinyu

by sinyu » Sun May 29, 2011 7:05 pm

As announced from the official website of Vindictus, Karok is coming June 15th, as another game content update.

[source]

While that is terrific news, it also comes with the bad news for us modders.

For those that aren't already aware. Vindictus recently have a security update with HShield. This new updated HShield can detect modification of your game files, but still allows you to use them in-game. HShield logs your \en-us\ folder and is sent to them. This means if you have additional files that shouldn't be in the game folder or files missing, they will know. Such as the popular Good Stuff Lite dll file in the bin folder.

Nexon NA has not fully adapt the security version of the KR client, but just parts of it. As straight out blocking the possible use of hfs edits/modifications, will not allow them to catch the offenders using it and ban them. So yes, you can be caught in the next ban wave for simply having and/or using modified files. So do becareful, if you care about your account.

There is also an extremely high probability they will fully incoperate the new blocks and security features of the KR version in the Karok update. What this means is, many of the current possibility you are enjoying at the moment, will be blocked. That's Good Lite Stuff v1.002, HFSSign, VZipflip6, etc. All will will be blocked. This will also give them new security features, which allow greater range of detection of client modifications and they will be able to issue bans more accurately and without remorse.

So while new possibilities of modding the game client's hfs files may be avaliable again in the future, it will come at a greater risk of account suspensions. So if you care about your game account, think twice before using HFS edits now and especially after the June 15th update.

Also note, Nexon NA will ban any accounts associated with your IP. If you use modification on a dummy account and avoid it on your main account, but if they're IP tied, they will go after your main account. While the main account may appear to be "clean", the person behind it, and it's what they're after, is not. They will ban you for any evidences they may find of mis-conduct or abuse-usage.

Play it safe out there, take care, and thanks for reading.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    They already did it to VIN Korea ,and we will be next ;now I'm not saying it's going to be with the update for tomorrow (Karok) but it will be soon so be careful.
    Can any man prove why anything exists?Can matter exist on its own?This is for you 2012 naysayers=The end is not near unless God Say so.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dragon73 For This Useful Post:

kid_thor (06-15-2011),minus4 (06-15-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Remember to use a killer/log remover and to use that to exit out of vindictus when modding. https://www.mpgh.net/forum/267-vindic...multitool.html

I suggest mine, but no guarantees, since I haven't seen if they add more log files in the next patch. I suggest not hacking until it's made clear how these files will be sent and if there are new files to delete.

Thanks
    Basically if you're scared of getting banned, stop hacking.

Personally I don't care. I will move on to other things if Nexon catches me, but before that I'll enjoy my gold and pimped out equipments (thanks for the people on this forum who made it possible).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by minus4 View Post
    Basically if you're scared of getting banned, stop hacking.

Personally I don't care. I will move on to other things if Nexon catches me, but before that I'll enjoy my gold and pimped out equipments (thanks for the people on this forum who made it possible).
    Pfft.... this is true.... dont hack if u scared... not saying Dragon is.. dragon is just sharing info to help peeps gj D

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hitman 47 For This Useful Post:

dragon73 (06-15-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    damn nexon, that is some nasty trick nexon play there...they can go to hell...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Innocent
    lol not really alot of things do ip ban, but like the others said if your scared dont hack ;] or you can get a dynamic ip WOOT!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Ok,people learn to read the warning,in no way I'm scared of being banned.I've been banned before but there are others on these forums that if banned will be greatly affected.This warning is not for the seasoned hackers ,it's for the noob hackers who don't know that nex might bann them because of hfs modding.Nex goes for the legit account of the hacker so even if you don't hack on your main if they can connect the account to the hacker one ,it's toast.Deleting logs is fine and all but if they enable instant send on the hackshield it wouldn't matter if you delete them later.So,in closing this is not for those who don't care to lose their account.
    Can any man prove why anything exists?Can matter exist on its own?This is for you 2012 naysayers=The end is not near unless God Say so.

Thanks
    I was not trying to say dragon is scared. I want to apologize to dragon if my wording made it appear that way.

I was referring to people I see on this forum who hack, and care so much that they make posts to cry/whine when they get banned or making it like Nexon is the "evil" side. It surprises me sometimes that people forget what we're doing is cheating, and Nexon has every right to ban us.

If people care so much about their accounts or have spent so much real money on NX to the point where getting banned is a problem. Then play legit is probably a better option for them.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to minus4 For This Useful Post:

dragon73 (06-15-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    well extended maint will be over in 3 mins , we shall see what happens for our sins lol

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hungover
    lol 100nx refund from crimson !
    [IMG]https://nesanik*****m/wp-content/gallery/nesgifs/mario-banana-fail.gif[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by shadow9th View Post
    a smart modern virus will install itself instantly in your inner winows files, so if you remove it your pc is fked anyways... you could have keyloggers on you and not even know it, some viruses go as far as disabling your anti virus itself if they are smart enough, and most turn off your task manager and msconfig so you cant disable important proccesses to get rid of the virus. keylogging means the hacker can see every single key you type in your pc, all your passwords, all the websites you visit, conversations even credit card numbers... depending on the hacker's intentions an ability a virus can be deadly. downloading a file can really be armageddon...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by roberthunder View Post
    lol 100nx refund from crimson !
    are u serious?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Wow are the refunding all we spent on crimson /play coins?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    lol now im hoping im not banned lol

Thanks
    If deleting that abominable 332xx.hfs file that prevents you from using the korean voices counts as hacking, there's gonna be a lot of "hackers" getting banned.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Tell me about it. And all us Nude Modders who simply use it so there aren't ridiculous under armor fucking with my armor's appearance. 3:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast