Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    I consider myself to be a fatass I am currently on a diet on fruit and vegetables and do exercise everyday and I keep getting fatter :/
    <------ Liposuction at 21

Thanks
    My Mood
    Drunk
    Nice man, great results. Do you plan on doing it again?
    i restarted my p90x schedule yesterday. Maybe i'll start a thread like this and share my results : ) it might save someones life.
    Hip Hop Saved My Life.

Thanks
    Great Job haha! I'ma do that when I restart Wrestling.. I just been jogging every night for 30mins .

Quote Originally Posted by lookin4chams View Post
    no im gonna carry on.. im going to do P90X... i just need some money for the weights and chin up bar
    Yeah.. you can't stop now.. You already in the groove you know?

sorry for Double Post!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Looking

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Nice improvement!
    Congratulations! I am jelly
    Formerly known as gamer4evere

Participated on:
    MPGH GAMING NIGHT 08/03/2015 - Town of Salem

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    congrats bro... ur almost as thin and sexy as me?/me

Anyway keep it up, you dont wanna recede back to ur old self

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by lookin4chams View Post
    idk how in the world you could gain weight... its only "cardio" which means maximum bloodflow through the body.......

the only workouts that will allow you to "gain" weight are the aerobic activities like pushups, pullups, anything that has to do with shit like weights etc. etc.

Gaining weight is done by eating more calories than you burn. Simply put, he is eating too much / not working hard enough.

If you don't want to eat less, then start a fat-burning routine (stretch, run a mile, walk a quarter of a mile, stretch, work out, walk a mile, stretch, every day...this will prevent your legs from being as sore [as a tradeoff with "more tired"], and will allow you to burn much more since you won't hold yourself back).

In terms of cardio workouts not building muscle, however, that isn't true.

While the workout is inherently cardio-based, any time you stress your body more than previously, you build muscle. Jumping as hard as you possibly can, while being primarily cardio-based, will build leg muscle. The Insanity workout prides itself on being a "total-body" workout every day, and it will build all parts of your body every day.

While, yes, some days primarily focus on one aspect (e.g. the Cardio Circuit), they will build muscle if done correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by wezker View Post
    I consider myself to be a fatass I am currently on a diet on fruit and vegetables and do exercise everyday and I keep getting fatter :/
    <------ Liposuction at 21
    @wezker

What you eat doesn't matter so much as how much you eat relative to how much work you do. You can "exercise" for two hours a day, eating nothing but bread and butter and still consume more calories than you burn. I would suggest this:

Stretch. Lightly run around a track. Stride your legs out, like you're trying to take really long steps (this paces you to make sure you aren't running too fast or slow). When you can't run any more, start walking.

Remember where you stopped running.

Walk until 5 minutes after you feel rested again. *note* You should continue running until you have to stop. Don't think, "I will run X laps..." Just run as long as you can. If that's a mile, or a quarter of a mile, the purpose is the same. If you feel like you can run further, run faster. The idea is to sweat and to make yourself tired.

For the next week, continue doing that. Stop at the exact same place.

Every week, go twenty to thirty feet further. If you think you can go further, trying for a lap, or two laps, or three laps, don't do it.

Continue until you can run 2-3 miles with ease. Then you can move into other more aggressive running programs.

The key is to build up to whatever you want, and to do it slowly.

Yes, most people /could/ train really hard and run 3 miles after training for perhaps two weeks. However, the issue then is in continuing with their running. If they don't have the true endurance, the physical and mental endurance to make themselves get up and run every day, they won't keep that up. It wouldn't be a year before they had stopped running completely (in most cases).

Getting in shape is to push yourself hard when you need to.

Staying in shape is to push yourself when you don't need to.
    Last edited by B0ttl3; 08-31-2011 at 01:44 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by B0ttl3 View Post
    Gaining weight is done by eating more calories than you burn. Simply put, he is eating too much / not working hard enough.

If you don't want to eat less, then start a fat-burning routine (stretch, run a mile, walk a quarter of a mile, stretch, work out, walk a mile, stretch, every day...this will prevent your legs from being as sore [as a tradeoff with "more tired"], and will allow you to burn much more since you won't hold yourself back).

In terms of cardio workouts not building muscle, however, that isn't true.

While the workout is inherently cardio-based, any time you stress your body more than previously, you build muscle. Jumping as hard as you possibly can, while being primarily cardio-based, will build leg muscle. The Insanity workout prides itself on being a "total-body" workout every day, and it will build all parts of your body every day.

While, yes, some days primarily focus on one aspect (e.g. the Cardio Circuit), they will build muscle if done correctly.

@wezker

What you eat doesn't matter so much as how much you eat relative to how much work you do. You can "exercise" for two hours a day, eating nothing but bread and butter and still consume more calories than you burn. I would suggest this:

Stretch. Lightly run around a track. Stride your legs out, like you're trying to take really long steps (this paces you to make sure you aren't running too fast or slow). When you can't run any more, start walking.

Remember where you stopped running.

Walk until 5 minutes after you feel rested again. *note* You should continue running until you have to stop. Don't think, "I will run X laps..." Just run as long as you can. If that's a mile, or a quarter of a mile, the purpose is the same. If you feel like you can run further, run faster. The idea is to sweat and to make yourself tired.

For the next week, continue doing that. Stop at the exact same place.

Every week, go twenty to thirty feet further. If you think you can go further, trying for a lap, or two laps, or three laps, don't do it.

Continue until you can run 2-3 miles with ease. Then you can move into other more aggressive running programs.

The key is to build up to whatever you want, and to do it slowly.

Yes, most people /could/ train really hard and run 3 miles after training for perhaps two weeks. However, the issue then is in continuing with their running. If they don't have the true endurance, the physical and mental endurance to make themselves get up and run every day, they won't keep that up. It wouldn't be a year before they had stopped running completely (in most cases).

Getting in shape is to push yourself hard when you need to.

Staying in shape is to push yourself when you don't need to.
    very true plus i started my weight training class and i was suprised when we did the stretches i was the most flexible out of the whole class ... lolols plus quite agile when it came to the dot drill and agility workouts

still gotta work on them weights

plus my dad is a stupid neegro and wont put any money in the bank.. i needa order this shit bad!@#!@#!#
    Donate for my P90X equipment... i needa get started but my money is pretty tight right now... any help is greatly appreciated :

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...if%3aNonHosted

EXTRA DELISHUSSSS
    IT GIB MAI TUNG ORAGZM
    YHU KANO WHUT I MEEN?

WANA L O C K E R Z INVITE, DONT REALLY KNOW WHAT IT IS, PM ME AND ILL TELL YA ALL ABOUT IT

FOlow My Boxing Twitter at: https://twitter.com/Life_Of_A_Boxer

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Thx guys u rlly gave me hop

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Quote Originally Posted by wezker View Post
    Thx guys u rlly gave me hop
    Wah you hop? O_o

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    man ur gettin them abs i can see them

Feel free to add me on steam: Dvorak

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by parag0nx9 View Post
    man ur gettin them abs i can see them
    Everyone has abs, it's a matter of burning off your fat so that they can be seen.

And, to the original poster, I want you to tell me how many of the dirty dozen you can do.

How to do a dirty dozen:

do a push-up (chest to floor, arms as close to your body as you can). After your pushup, get on your knees and put your arms by your sides. Once you're on your knees, lift your arms as high as you can over your head, and all the way back down to your sides (do this fluidly, but no slowly). Once your arms are back down, immediately go back into the pushup position.

do two push-ups (the same way as before), and do two of the same arm lifts (go all the way back down for each one). Again, go back into the pushup position.

3 push-ups, 3 arm lifts.
    4 push-ups, 4 arm lifts.
    5 push-ups, 5 arm lifts.

All the way up until 12 push-ups and 12 arm lifts. Don't take any breaks in between sets, start them immediately after the one before. Make it continuous. You shouldn't stop moving for more than a second or two when you're getting up on/off your knees and putting your arms by your sides.

Good luck. Let us know what you get to.
    Last edited by B0ttl3; 09-01-2011 at 06:19 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by B0ttl3 View Post
    Everyone has abs, it's a matter of burning off your fat so that they can be seen.

And, to the original poster, I want you to tell me how many of the dirty dozen you can do.

How to do a dirty dozen:

do a push-up (chest to floor, arms as close to your body as you can). After your pushup, get on your knees and put your arms by your sides. Once you're on your knees, lift your arms as high as you can over your head, and all the way back down to your sides (do this fluidly, but no slowly). Once your arms are back down, immediately go back into the pushup position.

do two push-ups (the same way as before), and do two of the same arm lifts (go all the way back down for each one). Again, go back into the pushup position.

3 push-ups, 3 arm lifts.
    4 push-ups, 4 arm lifts.
    5 push-ups, 5 arm lifts.

All the way up until 12 push-ups and 12 arm lifts. Don't take any breaks in between sets, start them immediately after the one before. Make it continuous. You shouldn't stop moving for more than a second or two when you're getting up on/off your knees and putting your arms by your sides.

Good luck. Let us know what you get to.
    we have those in insanity.. theyre called power pushups and suicide jumps
    Donate for my P90X equipment... i needa get started but my money is pretty tight right now... any help is greatly appreciated :

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...if%3aNonHosted

EXTRA DELISHUSSSS
    IT GIB MAI TUNG ORAGZM
    YHU KANO WHUT I MEEN?

WANA L O C K E R Z INVITE, DONT REALLY KNOW WHAT IT IS, PM ME AND ILL TELL YA ALL ABOUT IT

FOlow My Boxing Twitter at: https://twitter.com/Life_Of_A_Boxer

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    @lookin4chams
    can you tell me what you did?
    like what workouts you did daily?
    and did you diet too?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Wow, im crinyg cause im soo glad u did it T_T.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast