Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

Ideas for iPhone Application Development

First of all, I know wrong section yadda yadda yadda this isn't actually about iPhone coding, I've come to ask for moral support from the MPGH C++ section, which is really where I first got into coding, on my epic adventure to selling 1000 apps in the app store. I need some new computer equipment and I just can't pay that out of pocket so I'm goin to make a few iPhone apps. I was looking for you guys to give me original app ideas. Best app idea will be converted into an app, and when/if I reach 1000 sales I'll pay you 75$, and for every additional 1000 sales I'll give you 50$ so get creative guys

@Hell_Demon thanks for all your help and moral support man. I love you like a brother

Thanks
    Do you want like a game? Or a utility?

Thanks
    Cool bro! Im starting on iOS developing too! Personally the xcode IDE is confusing as hell and so is objective C and Visual C++ is a lot better xD. And this kinda does fit under the C++ sections because it's Objective C.
    There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die." - Sima Yi

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angry
    Eh.. just something that came to mind
    StoryLine :
    The game is based Aliens vs Humans. The humans crash landed on Planet Earth and they are trying to live a peaceful life but the Humans find them as a thread to society so they plan an attack on them. The aliens find the humans as a thread because the humans are attacking them. The Aliens declare war against the human race. A hue war is started and the Humans equip them self with heavy equipment (Armour like from Gears of War.. idk). Hence, Humans fight the Aliens.

The Gameplay/game :

The player of the game has too constantly fight aliens and kill them to take back over territory and land. Along the way you constantly increase in equipment guns, and perhaps more accessories for your character. There are 12 lands to conquer. Each land has different name and is in a different region. There are item shops along the way to upgrade your character. There are also checkpoints along the way for when you die, so you can respawn in the nearest area etc.

@ғᴜᴋᴏᴊʀ

Warrock Minion 8-13-2011 - N/A
    A.V.A Minion since 11-1-11 - 11-12-11

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    I think HELL_DEMON quit mpgh cuz he's not minion anymore. I haven't seen him since like 2 months ago.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun333 View Post
    Cool bro! Im starting on iOS developing too! Personally the xcode IDE is confusing as hell and so is objective C and Visual C++ is a lot better xD. And this kinda does fit under the C++ sections because it's Objective C.
    Yea I realized that after I posted the thread; and I totally agree with you. If I could code iPhone apps in Visual C++ it would be SO much easier. The xCode interface is a pain in the ass and objective C is even worse. And @Cookie. either or, if it funds my creativity I'm happy

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by ғᴜᴋᴏᴊʀ View Post

Yea I realized that after I posted the thread; and I totally agree with you. If I could code iPhone apps in Visual C++ it would be SO much easier. The xCode interface is a pain in the ass and objective C is even worse. And @Cookie. either or, if it funds my creativity I'm happy
    Ya, i hate objective c. I was reading a tut on it the other day and i found that basically has the same syntax of c++ and c, but the way you use it is a lot different and more stupid. Like for example:

c++:
    Code:
    char *buffer = "Hello.";
    printf("%s World.", buffer);
    objective c equivalent:
    Code:
    char *buffer = "Hello.";
    printf("%s World.");
    [buffer];

See what i mean, and it's even worse when you are programming games. Oh my gosh i am going to get a headache just thinking about it.

Thanks
    If you're going to code a game it'd have to be in openGL. Im pretty sure once you used to the syntax and deallocating everything you initailize it wont be so bad but the xcode ide I think needs some work on (damn you apple!). Maybe android apps would be a better approach? If you're intrested maybe we could do a collab

I think that code is wrong. Shouldn't it be:
    Code:
    char* buffer = @"Hello.";
    There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die." - Sima Yi

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angry
    Did you read my post Fukojr ?

Warrock Minion 8-13-2011 - N/A
    A.V.A Minion since 11-1-11 - 11-12-11

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bashful
    If you're thinking of making a game then I suggest making a better looking FPS.. Something a long the lines of what Shunnai said but with Multiplayer.
    PM Me | VM Me | Rules

MARGHERITA

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Make something completely useless that noone would even want to buy, those seem to be the apps that do well in the market.
    Ah we-a blaze the fyah, make it bun dem!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Demon View Post
    Make something completely useless that noone would even want to buy, those seem to be the apps that do well in the market.
    I remember someone making some app printing a text. He sold it 7 times for 100$.
    Nico's second Acc.