Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Gonna make it clear for ya...
    As some people said, the ONLY packets you send to server is your keyboard pressing and mouse moving. Nothing else. EVERYTHING is server-side.
    Yes, you can do some client-sided crap, for example make weather snowy, make tracers look better (this is easier than you think, i got it in ~9 hours of exploring).
    I just want to say that catching packets is useless, believe me. Wallhacks and speedhacks are also useless, because speed of tanks and their "light" is server-sided.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to nikkey2x2 For This Useful Post:

Mikkaav (05-27-2015)

Thanks
    Come on guys hacking with WPE and cheat engine? The first was outdated years ago around the time MUOnline went to S3, the second is much more useful for local data not dynamic packet exchange which is the only point of interest here.

As for WoT - wireshark tells me a few things, among them that serverside pings are sent constantly to determine the state of your account and compare with their copy of it. That way even if by some magic trick you managed to modify something, the server side will not accept that and will probably trigger account lock.
    You can't change gold or amount of exp/creds or tank gun accuracy. You can't change tank's speed via the old style speed hack and sim speed bacause all those things are hard-coded serverside values that are calculated in real time on the server then sent to you.

In fact, just like someone else said already, you only send vehicle control information there, from the moment you enter a battle, everything takes place on the server. In return you receive sort of telemetry for the graphic/phys engine to show you all the nice explosions and shit.

What you actually can do is change some of the information your client sends, such as tank chosen to play.
    Now before anybody goes into detail how to do that, one thing has to be said:

In old MMO games, most notably MUOnline, server files were leaked to the net. With that, any computer halfwit could set up a local machine with the server on it, pair client with it via encoded main.exe containing IP address, CRC stuff etc. Then run WPE or any packet anylyser to see what's going on. Once they knew how server responds to client data and how it's being exchanged, it was easy to send specific data without doing anything in the game, there were no checks in place to prevent funny packets from flooding the ports. Packets were sent to request database and get stuff out of it to transfer to your account.
    Damn, I have yet to count all the MUOnline servers that went down due to faulty C4 packet that allowed you to duplicate 1k of soul gems in 30-packs and destroy server economy in an hour. All because of loops in server files that were exploited and knowledge of how database assigns inventory slots. They even had new serials so dupe scans couldn't do shit.

WoT is different. There are no server files available, otherwise you'd have abundance of hacks already, but mostly for private servers that would quickly raise like mushrooms after rain. Without those files, you can only guess how server-side checks on client packets look like. From what I see there is encryption plus checksum in every packet as well as later during MM tank assignment. One bad byte, you get CTD. They don't use antihacks/gameguards and other useless crap like that - those were meant for old MMO's that had to run partially on client side because there were no server machines powerful enough to calculate all that data in real time for thousands of users. Users had to "help" the server a bit by doing a portion of the job.

Not in this case. WoT is a 2010 game which means it was optimized for running entirely on remote machine and only send data to the client.
    The battles take place there, the physics is calculated there, every single shot originates from the server, as per request from a player that sent the message "I just pressed my mouse button". Nothing takes place locally which is why you can't change any variables, unless you hack their data base, which is of course subjective to persecution by law :P

In WoT, it all begins with which tank you choose out of all those available to you - the moment you click on it, the server receives info that you're currently viewing that tank and reserves initial resources in case you decide to play your next battle with it. Before you press the battle button, server already knows what you are going to play with. Now imagine you setup a local proxy with packet filtering and whenever it detects a packet responsible for sending info that you want to play for example with Batchat25t, it stops that packet from being forwarded on, and sends instead packet informing of your intention to play LTractor. Your tank selection is technically LTractor but in practice every subsequent packet is addressed towards a position in the data base that holds information about batchat. If this gets through, you get matchmaking equal to tier 1 with a tier 10 tank. Of course there are subsequent checks if everything is ok. Sometimes the game crashes on startup, when the battle is being prepared. Sometimes it happens during a battle. Occasionally (more often than not) you're playing a bugged hybrid of the two tanks, and it's not always fun. Me and some friends debugged that and it turns out there's a lot of packet exchange and if something gets fucked up -> result is a CTD. There has to be constant control over what packets you send at the initial phase of the battle. If all goes well, you get to play against tanks that stand no chance. There's of course some degree of packet header randomization but since on a scale like this it would be far from cost effective to randomize everything at the 2nd and 3rd layers, the pattern is predictable and hence, it can be circumvented.

Anyway even if you managed what I just described, somebody would quickly post a screenshot and/or record of you playing against tanks 9 tiers lower. It would be considered a one time bug but nobody would be able to figure out how. A wrong packet was sent, that's it. Shit like this happened during beta when nobody has yet heard of French tech tree. It was easy to cover up by saying "it's beta". The code was lousier back then than ever. Anyway, if you go into repeat business doing that all over again, you risk a lot, multiple reports will quickly prompt them to draw the right conclusion and say goodbye to your account.
    So instead of that you go for something a bit more gentle - you send info that you want to play with, say, T32. That way you get matchmaking around tiers 7-9, where Batchat excels and has a high chance of kicking lots of asses. Nobody is complaining, battles like this happen. But in your case they could happen all the time, in essence giving you much higher chances against inferior tanks. Every WoT player knows Bat gets the worst machmaking, often against 3 mauses and 3 e100s, 10 tiers X is a normal thing for this tank. It's a very nice thing to finally have a way to be the only tier X in the game

Here we arrive to the final conclusion: it's possible to "hack" this game, to a certain extent. But the people that do it won't share it since it would quickly get out of control and WG would eventually hear about it from 3rd parties, then devise a fix with their next patch. No fun. Instead only a small group of people know about this exploit and use it on a daily basis. And it's going to stay that way
    Last edited by Shalrath; 01-28-2013 at 06:13 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shalrath For This Useful Post:

jonson1126 (08-15-2017),Screaming-Fetus (06-27-2015)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Ok here's my idea;
    Somehow track down the LAST checkpoint that the packet goes through, then edit it as the packet leaves the LAST checkpoint (You will need a program for this that can freeze a packet at a given time down to the milliseconds) So after you freeze it, edit it (Change the damage done, exp received and all that good shit) Then let the packet go to the server, as the packet has passed all the checkpoints, the server will accept it.
    Just an idea, we need a genius to do it though.

Btw I'm just a noob and this is an idea, I don't even know the A B C of anything of programming, packets, or how it works, I just posted this comment from the replies I've seen on this topic, so please don't criticize me

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    ye if we only could change the value in the database then it should be easy....

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Is there any more Premium Hacks what you've use??

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by hobomasterking123 View Post
    Is there any more Premium Hacks what you've use??
    i thought UK is a rich country...
    aidenUC isn't available at the moment leave your message at the beep... beep!

Where internet is controlled by men with viginas
    Thanks
    heres an idea for those that desperate! BUY war gaming!

[IMG]https://i43.photobucke*****m/albums/e367/DeteSting/Steam-update.gif[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Let me put this straight up for you guys , im well aware this is a discussion thread but as far as server modifications in other words real hacking ( not mods ) its an illegal offense , it will take a real experienced hacker to hack their database and im not talking about script kiddies who have some (basic) knowledge in python , c++ , java , As far as CE goes it was never ever made to read or pick up server files only client sided ones, I literally facepalmed myself a few times reading this thread of you guys actually trying to get some results changing the values of your credits , gold via CE , or even ohmygod wpe pro as you guys name it (It does pick up server files but no where near ) , All this has tuts and it does not take long to pick up . And why would they even risk getting caught or arrested for modifying a game database that they do not profit anything from it? So stop praying that an genius hacker will pop up somewhere and risk his butt just to hack into wg database , anyone who has half a brain in coding languages for a certain amount of time know that modifications to the server data directly is just not worth it.

P.S For those of you trying to edit or already edited any values , I hoped you guys did try it via a mule/new account as im not sure how good Wargaming security or anti cheat is but im already looking at a traceback account lock or ip ban

Thanks
    there is maybe a way to cheat on reloading time, I haven't done the complete test but here is my idea... we have to use cheat engine for the speedhack to speedup everything on the game, I tested it and the reload speed is on the list of things that speeds up, the problem is when you do that the game looses sync with the server, so... al we need is a lag switch, this is a switch in the send cable of an ethernet, I think it's the blue cable, so the cheat is 4 steps in less tha 2-3 secs. Lets say you have an spg with 50 secs reload, you shoot and then the 4 steps... turn on lag switch, activate speedhack in cheat engine, disable speedhack, turn of lag switch, the server won't loose sync, it will take probably the normal speed's status of your tank with the reload complete :P

In the middle of nowhere, next to nothing
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkey2x2 View Post
    Gonna make it clear for ya...
    As some people said, the ONLY packets you send to server is your keyboard pressing and mouse moving. Nothing else. EVERYTHING is server-side.
    Yes, you can do some client-sided crap, for example make weather snowy, make tracers look better (this is easier than you think, i got it in ~9 hours of exploring).
    I just want to say that catching packets is useless, believe me. Wallhacks and speedhacks are also useless, because speed of tanks and their "light" is server-sided.
    +1 for this...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mikkaav For This Useful Post:

jonson1126 (08-15-2017)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456