Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Frequently Suggested Ideas / Frequently Asked Questions - aka "What Not To Post"

The following is a list of ideas and questions that have been suggested or asked so often as to be almost comical. They are categorized for you, but, in general, there is one underlying rule involved. Don't suggest or ask these things. Read over this list carefully. If your suggestion/question falls under one of these topics or categories, do not post it. It will cause your thread to be locked and/or deleted on sight.

Additionally, you should always use the search feature to make sure that a similar thread has not already been created.

Clarification: An item's presence on this list doesn't mean it will never be added to the forum. It means that if it is added, it is added due to internal discussions and decisions, rather than based on suggestions.

Frequently Suggested Ideas:
    • Shoutbox/Chatbox: General is MPGH's shoutbox. We don't need another one.
    • New Theme/Reimplementation of old features: VB4 Upgrades are not finished yet. Dave is still working on implementing a new theme, our old addons/features along with several new ones.

Frequently Asked Questions:
    General:

• How do I request a name or usertitle change?: To request a name or usertitle change you will need to have at least 1,000 posts, and then make a thread about it in the Staff Requests section. You may also request a change if you are a Donator, or a staff member of MPGH -- If you meet one of these requirements but do not have access to the Staff Requests section you may make a request here, in Suggestions, Requests & Help. Any requests without proper requirements met will result in a ban. Multiple requests will result in a ban.
    • How can I fix "HTTP Error 500 Internal server error" when trying to post or view threads?: Clear your web browser's cache and cookies and then log back in and everything should world properly. Alternatively you may just have to wait a few moments and refresh the page.
    • How can I 'mention' someone?: Simply type the "@" symbol proceeded by someones name. (ie. @Ian).
    • What are "Member Levels"?: Users start off as level one, and advance in levels at the post counts of 2,500, 5,000, and 10,000. Higher levels have more advantages, such as bigger/underlined names, bigger avatar allowance, and even Free VIP (for Level 4).
    • What are infractions points?: Infraction Points may be placed on your account by a staff member whenever you violate a rule. Whenever you receive enough infractions (usually multiples of 3), you will be temporarily banned. Most infractions will expire over time.
    • I uploaded an animated .GIF for my avatar, but it appeared as a static image. What am I doing wrong?: If you've uploaded an avatar that is larger than your user permissions allow, it will automatically be resized. If this image is an animated .gif, it will only utilize the first frame of your image. To fix this, you'll need to resize the .GIF to meet your avatar size limits yourself, in a program like Photoshop.

Payments/Donations (Note: VIP services are currently not available.):

• How do I become a Donator?: You must send a donation to Liz's Paypal of at least $25 and then post your payment information (Transaction ID and Date) here.
    • What happens after I have purchased VIP?: After purchasing VIP post in the "Purchasing VIP - AlertPay" sticky located in MPGH's General Section. Your VIP should be activated within 24-48 hours of posting this information. If it isn't, contact @Dave84311 via Visitor Message.
    • What method of Payments can I use to purchase VIP besides AlertPay and PayPal?: Contact @Dave84311 about using a Visa, Prepaid Card.
    • Can I buy VIP through PayPal?: Contact MiNT (see this thread for more information) to purchase VIP for Crossfire and Flameswor12 for Combat Arms (see this thread).
    • What are the benefits of being a donator?: You get: A colored bold name, a donator tag (will be improved in vB4), future access to private sections, will have no post restrictions on name & title changes, no waiting time in between name & title changes, the ability to change your own text title, a bigger avatar allowance, a Image user title regardless of posts, and you will be a part of a special member group as well as helping MPGH. (Source: DONATE TODAY!)

Account Issues:

• I can't access my account, and am unable to recover it. What should I do?: Contact an administrator with any proof of your identity that you have. They should be able to assist you.
    • I have been banned or infracted unfairly. What should I do?: Create a dispute in the Staff Disputes section. If you have been banned, you will need to create a new account to do this. Pointless disputes will result in further punishment.

Just thought it would be a good idea to have a thread like this to keep people from making suggestions like "Shoutbox" when they've already been suggested fifty times before. It didn't come out quite as lengthy as I had hoped, so feel free to PM me anything you think I should add.
    Last edited by BACKD00R; 03-09-2014 at 04:33 PM. Reason: vip not available atm

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Blitz For This Useful Post:

=POISON= (11-11-2011),Cataclypse (04-24-2015),DarkByte7 (12-03-2011),FUKO (10-21-2011),GlowingStone (07-23-2013),Magivictus (07-25-2013),Symmetrical (03-28-2013),Zack (11-03-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Good job

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    most people have these in their brains. it's called common sense
    There is 5 things listed there
    I've never even seen someone ask about the 500 error partly because Dave has already made a thread about it

Thanks
    I liked the Chatbox part.
    DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF
    AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jigsaw For This Useful Post:

xLoLeRxx (01-01-2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Love View Post
    most people have these in their brains. it's called common sense
    And that's why there are so many threads about Shoutboxes

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    maybe you should update your first post then
    remove everything

Frequently suggested ideas
    Use the Search button before saying anything
    FAQ
    See above

Failure to read this will result in a ban

Problem solved

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ed For This Useful Post:

Blitz (10-21-2011)

Thanks
    maybe you should update your first post then
    remove everything

Frequently suggested ideas
    Use the Search button before saying anything
    FAQ
    See above

Failure to read this will result in a ban

Problem solved
    Does seem like a good idea to include that they should search before asking a question.

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
    Does seem like a good idea to include that they should search before asking a question.
    That's all it needs to be

Thanks

That's all it needs to be
    Au contraire, I believe that as that should be the only piece of advice needed, it won't be.

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Au contraire, I believe that as that should be the only piece of advice needed, it won't be.
    If something is necessary then that is it.

Thanks
    I like the FAQs. It'll be very useful. Here are some questions you can add or rephrase it and answer them. Keep the answers short and simple. I suggest you divide them into sections like VIP/Donating, Forum Features, Account Problems etc. for easier browsing.

- What happens after I purchased VIP?
    - How long does it take to activate the VIP?
    - I waited 24-48 hours to activate my VIP and it's still not activated. What do I do?
    - Can I buy VIP through PayPal?
    - What other payment method can I use to buy VIP besides from Alertpay and PayPal?
    - What are the benefits of being a donator?

- How do I mention someone?
    - How I get Member level 1, 2, 3, 4 tags?
    - How to "Make URL say what I want"?
    - How do I remove "My Subscribed Threads"?
    - How to post YouTube video?
    - What are infractions points?
    - What are all the usertitles?

- My account has been hacked. What do I do?
    - My account banned for no reason. What do I do?
    - I believe my infraction/ban is unfair. What do I do?
    - I don't have access to my email and I forgot my password. What do I do?

These are just some the common questions I've seen and answered before multiple times. There are still a lot more. I was planning to make a FAQs also but you beat me to it.
    Last edited by Ian; 10-21-2011 at 08:03 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ian For This Useful Post:

Blitz (10-21-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I like the FAQs. It'll be very useful. Here are some questions you can add or rephrase it and answer them. Keep the answers short and simple. I suggest you divide them into sections like VIP/Donating, Forum Features, Account Problems etc. for easier browsing.

- What happens after I purchased VIP?
    - How long does it take to activate the VIP?
    - I waited 24-48 hours to activate my VIP and it's still not activated. What do I do?
    - Can I buy VIP through PayPal?
    - What other payment method can I use to buy VIP besides from Alertpay and PayPal?
    - What are the benefits of being a donator?

- How I get Member level 1, 2, 3, 4 tags?
    - What are infractions points?

- My account has been hacked. What do I do?
    - My account banned for no reason. What do I do?
    - I don't have access to my email and I forgot my password. What do I do?

These are just some the common questions I've seen and answered before multiple times. There are still a lot more. I was planning to make a FAQs also but you beat me to it.
    just saying that if you work on yours it will probably be better

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post

- What happens after I purchased VIP?-
    - How long does it take to activate the VIP?-
    - I waited 24-48 hours to activate my VIP and it's still not activated. What do I do?-
    - Can I buy VIP through PayPal? (Unsure)
    - What other payment method can I use to buy VIP besides from Alertpay and PayPal? (Unsure)
    - What are the benefits of being a donator? (Unsure of all of them)

- How I get Member level 1, 2, 3, 4 tags? (Not sure of exact posts needed, except for Level 4 which is 10,000 I think?
    - What are infractions points? (Not sure about entire system -- would like to explain how many warrant a ban)

- My account has been hacked. What do I do? (Would suggest contacting a staff member/mainly an admin with proof of ownership?)
    - My account banned for no reason. What do I do? (Create a new account and make a thread in the Staff Dispute Section?)
    - I don't have access to my email and I forgot my password. What do I do? (Would suggest contacting a staff member/mainly an admin with proof of ownership?)

I'm on it. Look over them when I'm done for me

EDIT: Going to need some help on these VIP questions -- Put parentheses next to the ones I don't know/am unsure of.@Ian
    Last edited by Blitz; 10-21-2011 at 09:35 PM.

Thanks

just saying that if you work on yours it will probably be better
    his looks fine, just needs more questions answered.

I'm on it. Look over them when I'm done for me

EDIT: Going to need some help on these VIP questions -- I don't even know. @Ian
    Here's the basic answers for the VIP. Just make it into a sentence answering it. Most of these questions and answers can just be found in 1-5 pages of this section.

1) After you purchase, post here. https://www.mpgh.net/forum/2-general/...-alertpay.html
    2) 24-48 hours.
    3) VM Dave.
    4) Yes, contact Music to purchase vip for crossfire and flameswor12 for combat arms.
    5) Dave will take visa, prepaid cards. contact dave.
    6) posted by liz in the thread.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Ian For This Useful Post:

Blitz (10-21-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Wait i think you guys got something wrong... why would you contact me to purchase VIP? im not a staff member or anything
    Last edited by Music; 10-21-2011 at 10:02 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast