Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

Direct-X Tutorials (Game Development)

Anyone interested in Direct-X programming tutorials? I have been really involved in my game and feel I am extremely proficient in C++/Direct-X and could write some tutorials if people are interested.

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

Thanks
    Hell yes! that would be awesome

Thanks
    Definitly write one on how to initialize DirectX...I never could get past that part [/sarcasm]. Actually, really, DX is hard stuff, any tutorials would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Also, tell us where you learned C++, if you can!

Thanks
    Great!! It will be problally stickied

Oops your the admin rofl sorry i didnt saw it before o_o

Don't doublepost ~Kyo

Thanks
    Please make write some

Thanks
    Ohh Snap, Defintaly Do That Please Would Help Me So Much ...thanks.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Posted one already

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

Thanks
    Learning game developement requires a lot more than just an explaination of the syntax, anyone can pick up the syntax. What you really should be learning/teaching is what is going on when each of the functions is used, and how the back buffer works, how they swap from front to back. There are 3 great books that have been suggested to me by a few friends in the business (Big Huge Games), and they are: The Geometry Toolbox, Essential Mathematics for 3D Games and Interactive Applications, and I can't remember the last book but the above two are already a lot of reading.

However, just for future reference, it never really is important to learn the Win32 API since you really dont use it very much in Game developement. But it is a good skill to pick up on.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    I explained what went on, not in detail tho. If you need to know what goes in on detail please read the DX SDK docs. As for those books, those touch game programming not how to use DX. Learning the Win32 API isn't really needed much. Just know the basics, creating windows, destroying the windows and passing messages and you should be set.

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

Thanks
    Well I was referring to the book specifically because the DX Docs dont nail everything, they just talk about DirectX. But you really don't know whats going on, I was talking to the Effects Designer over at Big Head Games today, who is currently working on Rise of Legends. He says a lot of people know and understand the syntax of game developement, and that a true game developer could write their own graphics handler. Currently thats what I am doing is learning how to write my own "GDI" to work up to my own DirectX...

I mean ya you could go through and explain what each function does, like Drunken Hyena, but that really doesnt teach you anything other than the syntax.

Thanks
    Also, try out GameDev.net. They have some pretty accurate references to beginning in the Game development scene. They have a C++ workshop, that has C++ programming experts, for example, Jeremy Welsh, the Junior programmer for some game company...I know they made that one Starwars game.....Star Wars battlefront, I think? But, yeah, anyways, try that stuff out. They help out a lot, even though I didn't try it yet. >.>

Thanks
    back when u gave a dam

hmmmmm