Thread: Bans in EU

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

Bans in EU

So yes I got banned (tbh triple-banned, don't laugh) and I wondered why. Actually I wanted to discuss it with you guys here, a lot of people here have a lot more experience than me in this stuff. And yeah Im a newbie here, so don't go hard on me ^^"
    Anyways, the main thing is that I got an answer from nexon for my support ticket and it's this korenglish message:
    Hello,
    Thanks for your request.

Your account is link and you have receive items from the hacker's account who was connected on your device.

Regards,
    [GM]Esserterp
    Any ideas?
    Things I probably did wrong (except from writing on nexon forums with similar nickname using here and being tattled there by some suspicious guy. yes it was silly of me ikr, let's get over it) :
    I was logging in and being online simultaneously from two PCs, same IP, two different accounts (ok make that three accounts, same IP, two accounts simultaneously anyway). But there isnt anywhere in TOS about having more than one account right? And what's wrong about that, when I have a router and it could have been my brother on the other pc. It shouldn't be an issue in my opinion.
    I hacked a bit on my main legit account, because it was boring after 44 and totally lame to get late sets by spamming late raids for like 1 hundred times to get all the mats (I prefer to craft myself). I can't see anything else I did wrong.
    Because I didnt:
    I didn't hacked on public boats ever. Tried to keep it low-profile as much as I could. Obviously no speed hacks in town (just rarely on dead empty channels). Not telling anyone in-game about it. Using skip boat intro, no rankings ever applied(maybe only on main acc, but that was without hacking). Not linking my main account with others of mine at all. Not buying hacked weaps too. Breaking stacks on bot when selling. Not being running around naked and stuff. Just you know common sense and precautions. One of my accounts was noob account with lvl 12-13 char, just for mailing\muling. Thought it would be wise to transfer money from bot on it and sell from it (I think I was wrong or common hacking sense just not working with nexon).
    So just before the ban-wave I transferred some money from bot to the account I just mentioned. For safe-keeping or something. And I wasn't using my main for some days already that time. And after the maintenance I was surprised to notice that my main half-legit account and my low-level account with transferred money were banned (jaw-dropping experience..well Im not being banned everyday you know, Im not that dumb). But my bot were untouched o.O Though yesterday he was banned too (without any maintenance! and I thought nexon didn't care about single unreported hackers. just wtf).
    That's my story, any opinions, thoughts etc? me wants a discussion ^^ just let's not be sarcastic unfriendly trolls, ok? ^^" (because I know there are some people who likes to pick on leechers just because they don't have amazing e-pe...ehm postcount)

ps - anyone else banned? why? any thoughts on what to do not to get banned (aside common sense and sticky general hacking rules posted on these forums, I already know). btw at first I used proxy to log on my bot just for not being writed in logs as several account on one IP, but then I dropped it because of lots of lags and DCs with proxies, I thought it wouldn't be a problem (already wrote why at the beginning of the post)

pps - do you think purchasing NX on account is a guarantee for not being blocked (except if being reported or cheating bluntly\public). if yes then is one-time NX purchase is good or better do it regularly? also spend NX or keep them as balance on account, which is better?
    Last edited by Freaky-DaiMaou; 10-29-2011 at 05:22 PM.
    boring sig: if I helped press Thanks :P
    as usual - "too lazy to write cool sigs with pics, bbcode and stuff"

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    They are conducting ban waves in EU and KR. I guesss NA could be next. Oh well, if they did then we rebuild. But if you hack, they will probably find out as it is impossible to avoid detection completely. Many players here in NA claim they've never been banned but that's because Nexon never really ban NA hackers...yet, except for those involved in the item creation hack. If they matched my marketplace forum IP with my game IP, I would be instantly banned because I don't use a proxy and it's the same IP. Also, the leaderboard has a "rocheste carriage usage" counter so many hackers will probably have only 1. So there are many ways to find hackers.

So yeah, if you hack, always be prepared to get banned as there is no way to avoid detection completely. You can do things to minimize exposure but still...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Vindicatus View Post
    They are conducting ban waves in EU and KR. I guesss NA could be next. Oh well, if they did then we rebuild. But if you hack, they will probably find out as it is impossible to avoid detection completely. Many players here in NA claim they've never been banned but that's because Nexon never really ban NA hackers...yet, except for those involved in the item creation hack. If they matched my marketplace forum IP with my game IP, I would be instantly banned because I don't use a proxy and it's the same IP. Also, the leaderboard has a "rocheste carriage usage" counter so many hackers will probably have only 1. So there are many ways to find hackers.

So yeah, if you hack, always be prepared to get banned as there is no way to avoid detection completely. You can do things to minimize exposure but still...
    unless you buy nexon, they don't ban you if you buy nexon, unless your blatantly obvious.
    If you wish to discuss recent games and gaming issues with me go to my blog. I have my own articles on gaming.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    so buying nexon is a safe bet?
    then
    Quote Originally Posted by Freaky-DaiMaou View Post
    is one-time NX purchase is good or better do it regularly? also spend NX or keep them as balance on account, which is better?
    also Im being curious if skipping intro and skipping to last stage can be traced and therefore be the reason for a ban? or if I skip all intros at the boat I will have rankings with 0 battles and banned anyway if high level? and do you think they keep records anywhere while rankings are not working or this is the safest time or something?
    ah and unsmart spending ap could affect anything? on my bot I was just spending it in 1k amounts every time xD thought that if rankings not working then we cant yet be traced by "ap spent", the thing people have problems on NA with
    Last edited by Freaky-DaiMaou; 10-29-2011 at 11:20 AM.

Thanks
    Probably you were took in sight because of that forum-thingie and Nexon found out that you have been hacked.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    It's very simple.

Tattle tale tells on you that you go to hack site... GM sees and decides to investigate your account. Once attention is drawn to you and GM decides to investigate it is very easy for them to see whether you are hacking/botting or what.

Long story short, don't draw attention to yourself and you should be ok.
    PLAYING RIFT!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    so buying nexon is a safe bet?
    then

also Im being curious if skipping intro and skipping to last stage can be traced and therefore be the reason for a ban? or if I skip all intros at the boat I will have rankings with 0 battles and banned anyway if high level? and do you think they keep records anywhere while rankings are not working or this is the safest time or something?
    ah and unsmart spending ap could affect anything? on my bot I was just spending it in 1k amounts every time xD thought that if rankings not working then we cant yet be traced by "ap spent", the thing people have problems on NA with
    The leaderboard bypass command removes the clear times and battle clears. If you have 0 battle clearead but you have a lot of mats like leather and cloth, then it's easy to see you're a hacker. Many people think it's safer not having a high ranking clear time but it's not. There are many ways Nexon can track hackers. The leaderboard is not functioning for us but I'm sure they have those data available to them. So we know they know about the hackers. It's just that they haven't decided to do anything yet. The mystery remains about what criteria Nexon uses to ban hackers once they decide to do so.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Vindicatus View Post
    So we know they know about the hackers. It's just that they haven't decided to do anything yet. The mystery remains about what criteria Nexon uses to ban hackers once they decide to do so.
    that's an uncomfortable thought, even though I already knew this... still..
    Dank, k thnx for a clear explanation, already taken that as a possibility, but for some reason thought that tattle-post were written too soon before the maintenance for GMs to notice and threw this explanation away from "the list", but I guess I shouldn't. After all same day's morning isn't too short to notice IF they are watching forums that carefully and often (figures they are, at least those sections with bugs and reports). And yeah t'was pretty careless of me to use similar nickname and being relatively active on both forums.
    Anyways even if that's the case and "tattle tale" was the (stunningly unexpected) trigger, I was also asking general thoughts, opinions and situations:
    anyone else banned? why? any thoughts on what to do not to get banned (aside common sense and sticky general hacking rules posted on these forums, I already know)
    or nobody banned and no other guesses and tips about precautions and such?
    moreover what about proxies, separating legit account from others totally and untraceable? can I use ANY hacks on legit account and not being afraid a bit about being banned or that stated "mystery" and "no way to avoid detection completely" applies to this too and best solution is not to cheat in any possible way for legit account (applies for not transferring money to legit account from cheater accs?)
    also what about transferring money between non-legit accounts? marketplace has pretty much huge fees when it comes to big prices, sending gold through mail fees too. item with COD asking for mils is the no lose solution for a pocket, but for me it seems that doing it through market is less traceable (or maybe not, after all that hacked weapons banwave story). or may it be best not to transfer money from hack-account, because of some hypothetical theory, I just made up, that when you transfer something it shines in some logs of theirs and they notice it and ban both ends, but when it stays on one account it's more like non-shaped diamond, still in a mud, therefore not noticeable, without a special check? just thoughts.
    And yeah I know too many questions and raw text etc.
    It's just if any of you don't mind answering me, fulfilling my confused curiosity and helping my feelings of wanting to be less paranoid and more successful, I'd be glad ^^

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    can't edit previous post anymore: doublepost
    EU BOTTERS BE AWARE: people on official nexon forums start to report botters from marketplace more often, like this Reporting Hacker - Vindictus Abuse Reports - Nexon Europe
    and believe me it's working, I know one of that guys, had a conversation with him ingame and Im pretty sure now he's banned (checked that). nexon staff watching reports mostly good and ban people even outside of maintenance (my botter was banned in sometime like 2 days after the last maint). and even not full stacks can get you in the ban as you see, but people observing the market. so be careful guys. just saying
    ps - this one is one epic thread too lol https://forum.nexoneu.com/NXEU.aspx?g=posts&t=495594
    pps - btw a bit offtopic: anyone checked if pala trans yellow glowing thing is visible to other players when in town?
    ppps - as I've had seen a bunch of fellas whining of being ban on official forums, while they WERE paying customers for different amounts, I am now kinda unconfident in that theory of "pay = no ban", maybe that won't apply for EU server? or maybe they won't care if you pay when they bust you with obvo stuff or reported? or maybe this is just for now while they still care about the game and watch it a lot. your opinions?
    Last edited by Freaky-DaiMaou; 10-30-2011 at 10:39 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    Nexon gives a fuck about NX or not NX, they've scammed me and my friend more than one time (buy NX, get nothing - tickets still "in progress after years") and I know someone got banned even so he invested >500$ ... well you see Nexon bans a game-account, not the Nexon-account so you still can use your NX on other games, that's why having NX means shit and is as unsafe as having no NX.

Nexon probably could log every shit you activate with console ... the thing is: If you draw no attention, the possibility they inspect you further should be really low, but once you got caught - you will be traced until ban.

Well, in general I mostly use only sub_weapon commands on my main and godmode/ohk on my I-need-fast-money-account if my cheat-account gets suspicious, I'd stop sending gold to my main because tracing anything a char does is fucking easy for Nexon, they just have no automated system to live-trace all players so they check single.

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by NXMelody
    Also I don't know what f2p games you played before. It doesn't matter if you charge nx cash or not. We don't give paying costumers any privileges if they disobey the ToA.
    Everyone's treated the same way.
    Last edited by ParkYongLee; 11-01-2011 at 03:13 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    So you say that sending items and gold from hacking acc to main acc is pretty much safe? You think they won't investigate the connections between different accs if they start to inspect your hacking acc?
    Anyway in addition to whole lot of questions left up there by me, what console commands do you think are mostly safe for using on "legit" main account? like subweaps or maybe if you keep your rankings pretty much normal and stay low, but sometimes use skip boat intro and go awry for fast loot\money\titles, but still play without skip intro and godmode and ohk most of the time? sounds safe or not really? what other commands do you think are mostly safe for main acc? or is that all the same as in: if they inspect you (reported or drew attention) and you used console in a tiny bit u'r banned, if they didnt inspect, you can go wild with any possible commands and 0\null\empty rankings as long as you want?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    So you say that sending items and gold from hacking acc to main acc is pretty much safe? You think they won't investigate the connections between different accs if they start to inspect your hacking acc?

Quote Originally Posted by ParkYongLee View Post
    if my cheat-account gets suspicious, I'd stop sending gold to my main because tracing anything a char does is fucking easy for Nexon
    edit: it all depends when your last transaction was done and which amount of time Nexons logs are saving the information.
    it also depends on the GM who is investigating, may he is lazy, wants to do a fast-proof-ban-job or he wants to dig in deeper and get as much as he can

In addition I'd say: If my cheat-account gets suspicious I'd stop cheating with it and create a new one which is not linked.
    What are safe commands ... well first of all it depends. sub_weapons aren't safe IF Nexon would checkup the total amount or different kinds of subweapons you use (which is also easy to trace).
    godmode is imho pretty unsafe ... sql filter for 100k HP not really hard to do an automated ban this way if Nexon wouldn't be so lazy
    ohk as well unsafe ... living-time of boss <10sec or so wuzza
    skip boat ... not sure but since EU has no ranking system yet like NA it should be yet pretty safe to use it
    skip dungeon ... => time too low & counter for needed specific mobs to kill didn't go down
    using transformation ... depends on your level and which version you play (EU = unsafe)
    changing host_timescale ... I'd say it's one of the safe commands IF Nexon is not able to log general activities done by commands/console and IF you aren't using a scale of high numbers (5+)
    changing charsize and such should be safe as well (unless you bug that one dungeon where you'd need a full party for it)

In most of cases you can't say anything but IF Nexon does their investigation like the CIA *lawl* they could detect most of uncommon things - may also console-activity itself.

I only wonder Nexon hasn't made yet an automated detection-system for things like godmode or like used 99 subweaps (which also works when you are NOT the host) ... lazy guys relying on their nabshield which never worked for any games.
    Last edited by ParkYongLee; 11-01-2011 at 04:20 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Ok guys. I'd like your opinion again (though you're not very active in this thread, but well I ask a lot of questions and after all Im just a newbie). So you can say we got Hero mode now and gauntlet mode. Do you think it'd be safe to bot this modes now? Im hesitant, because I remember NXSyn clearly stated that they will take cheating in events very seriously and stuff. And we have those events for which peepz will win NX, but if we bot then we would certainly get all those titles, which are also for the event for this month, yeah? So botters of new modes will eventually get auto-applied for event winners I think, right? But does all of that means that they take events seriously and will investigate people that will be winning those rewards, so in general may it be "suicide" of a hacking acc to acquire those titles? What do you think? Hero mode sounds soooo good for botting and thats good money and from ES too, but do you think that would be too careless in a matter of "stay low" policy?

Thanks
    Probably they will investigate winner(s) if they are suspicious anyway. Also event might be "trap" to detect most of hackers as they will most likely want to win those prizes.
    So conclusion is that Fun for legit players and bans for others.
    Last edited by Mapasd; 11-02-2011 at 04:06 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    Quote Originally Posted by DanK View Post
    It's very simple.

Tattle tale tells on you that you go to hack site... GM sees and decides to investigate your account. Once attention is drawn to you and GM decides to investigate it is very easy for them to see whether you are hacking/botting or what.

Long story short, don't draw attention to yourself and you should be ok.
    Correct. As long as you don't draw attention you will be fine. Also, if your like me, botting almost 3 days straight with 2000-3000 runs on each 3 characters. Expect to be banned and get ready to make new lvl 70s

On a side note, I don't think they can trace you skipping maps, but this however affects your Dungeon Run time which, will reflect in your ranking. If the ranking is working right -_-. But this should be a problem if you skip the boat launch scene "cc_send_start_game_message"
    Last edited by tupac_orionmg; 11-02-2011 at 11:22 AM.