Thread: Evolution

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post

I don't think we can study evolution, it happened on such a small and slow scale to begin with it would take too long to study. But moving away from single cells and such, you cannot deny the evolution of different types of animals such as cats. Some cat evolved to be a killing machine, other evolved to live in the Antarctic wastes while others evolved to live with us as humans.
    When it comes to larger scale multi-celled organisms I will admit that over millions of years the amount of times a species adapts can be considered as "Evolution", but I'm still stuck on the beginning of the theory in its entirety. If someone had scientific proof of a single-celled organism becoming a multi-celled organism, even if it were through a research study that took hundreds of years, then I would have to agree. But right now, to me at least, the coin term "Evolution" still seems to just be a branch off of tiny adaptations that just add up to a larger scale.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdyne View Post
    The Neutral Theory and mutations. I posted the wrong research article.
    btw, the article is clearly contradicting Natural selection...so you didn't read it.
    I didn't read because it was wrong like you said, and I was only correcting your comment. That is natural selection, now if you want me to understand. Give me a link you want me to peek at and give me a statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post

When it comes to larger scale multi-celled organisms I will admit that over millions of years the amount of times a species adapts can be considered as "Evolution", but I'm still stuck on the beginning of the theory in its entirety. If someone had scientific proof of a single-celled organism becoming a multi-celled organism, even if it were through a research study that took hundreds of years, then I would have to agree. But right now, to me at least, the coin term "Evolution" still seems to just be a branch off of tiny adaptations that just add up to a larger scale.
    What about apes? It's a known facts that humans and other apes split thousands of years ago into different line of genetic and more. Which explained why we are related to some by around 96%. While evolution isn't my best subject or best studied. I think I can get a firm grasp of it.
    Last edited by Mouzie; 10-27-2011 at 10:35 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Jew View Post
    I didn't read because it was wrong like you said, and I was only correcting your comment. That is natural selection, now if you want me to understand. Give me a link you want me to peek at and give me a statement.

What about apes? It's a known facts that humans and other apes split thousands of years ago into different line of genetic and more. Which explained why we are related to some by around 96%. While evolution isn't my best subject or best studied. I think I can get a firm grasp of it.
    Then how did animals obtain the freedom of human choice rather than running off of animal instinct. Evolution can't change nature. I believe we are "similar" to apes, yes, but I still do not believe we are a direct descendant. That is still a theory.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

Then how did animals obtain the freedom of human choice rather than running off of animal instinct. Evolution can't change nature. I believe we are "similar" to apes, yes, but I still do not believe we are a direct descendant. That is still a theory.
    That's when civilization starts, after we split off from apes we started following herds of animals for food. We were nomads. Then after we developed our agriculture system, we had time to learn skills, logic, engineering, art, etc.
    "If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."

-Benjamin Franklin
    ^One of our (our as in American no offence to non Americans) Founding Fathers and one of my personal heroes.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

But it does change nature, natural selection plays a key part of it. Which is why I asked about the apes, because there is other human species there but they all died out. Species like finches adapted and changes itself depending on the enviroment said creature is located and nevs pretty much got a good statement of what I was looking for.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Jew View Post

I believe in natural selection, I was going to post a research article on how evolution is the only known cause for adaptation.

Anyway for the rest of you, read this.

29+ Evidences for Macroevolution: the Scientific Case for Common Descent

Ten Reasons Evolution is Wrong

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cyberdyne For This Useful Post:

AeroNX4575 (10-28-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdyne View Post
    I believe in natural selection, I was going to post a research article on how evolution is the only known cause for adaptation.

Anyway for the rest of you, read this.

29+ Evidences for Macroevolution: the Scientific Case for Common Descent

Ten Reasons Evolution is Wrong
    Understandable.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    :/ Still, i see no reason to incorporate this other than trivia or if you become a scientist.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Evolution is proven as accurate. All other idiots can get their retarded fat asses back to 8th grade.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Evolution has been observed and it's pretty much accepted. I mean ... even the fucking pope accepted it.

Also, as Ashley Montague said: "Science has proof without any certainty. Creationists have certainty without any proof".

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Alen For This Useful Post:

The Philosopher (10-29-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    I love how people start arguing about evolution when neither party has any FUCKING clue what it actually is.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    I love how people start arguing about evolution when neither party has any FUCKING clue what it actually is.
    Oh then please good sir shine the light of knowledge on are total ignorance on the subject.
    "If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."

-Benjamin Franklin
    ^One of our (our as in American no offence to non Americans) Founding Fathers and one of my personal heroes.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by nevs666 View Post
    Oh then please good sir shine the light of knowledge on are total ignorance on the subject.
    I'm not going to bother formulating a proper response, since I have argued about this many times before. I haven't read all the responses but the majority of you people have no clue what you are talking about. That may or may not apply to you, but I suggest you use proper grammar before attempting to sound smart ass.

"Oh, then please good sir, shine the light of knowledge on our total ignorance on the subject."

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post

I'm not going to bother formulating a proper response, since I have argued about this many times before. I haven't read all the responses but the majority of you people have no clue what you are talking about. That may or may not apply to you, but I suggest you use proper grammar before attempting to sound smart ass.

"Oh, then please good sir, shine the light of knowledge on our total ignorance on the subject."
    Come into the topic, call everyone ignorant, then a feeble attempt at an insult. If you arn't even going to give your opinion on the subject, even though you claim you know so much about it, then why reply in the first place? I suggest you leave and spam somewhere else or actually post up what you think is right.

-Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    They say we aged from monkeys.. But I highly doubt it..

Super User since 08-29-2017
    Global Moderator from 10-02-2016 - 08-29-2017
    Premium Seller since 11-16-2016
    Moderator from 09-24-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Alliance of Valiant Arms Minion from 11-12-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Market place Minion from 09-24-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Crossfire Minion from 09-11-2015 - 01-09-2016

Middleman from 07-07-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Market Place Minion from 03-03-2014 - 08-01-2014
    Middleman from 01-30-2014 - 08-01-2014
    Moderator from 03-29-2013 - 04-04-2013
    Market Place Minion from 03-07-2013 - 04-04-2013