Thread: can it run?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

can it run?

Is this laptop able to run CoD: Black Ops on steam?

Dell Inspiron 15 - N5040 Specs

Display
    Diagonal Size : 15.6”
    Resolution : 1366 x 768 (HD)

Graphics Card
    Intel HD Graphics

Processor
    Type : Intel Core i3-380M
    Speed : 2.53 GHz

Chipset
    Mobile Intel® HM57 express chipset

Memory
    3072 MB (1 x 1024 MB + 1 x 2048 MB) 1333 MHz Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM

Storage
    Up to 320 GB 5400 rpm SATA hard drive

Sorry I don't know a lot about computers.
    Crossfire Minion: 28 October 2010
    Official Middleman: 20 September 2012
    Trusted Member: 15 February 2013
    Official Middleman: 11 April 2013
    Official Middleman: 10 January 2015
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Global Moderator: 25 December 2012
    Head Administrator: 21 March 2013

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Your signature has been removed due to excessive homosexuality.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    yes might be lagy tho

Thanks
    yes it can put settings low

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    I would have used that website and not waste my time making this thread if I even had the laptop.

more replies plis.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    I would have used that website and not waste my time making this thread if I even had the laptop.

more replies plis.
    no, you cant make me respond to this thread.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    stop wasting my time with useless replies.

Thanks
    I tried to find writer reviews for it but no luck its two new.... It would be nice to know what the graphics card is. But I wouldnt get nothing lower then a i5 regardless....

Thanks
    only review I could find... and its not from PCmag, so know performance tests with games like Crysis 2, so no real idea of what the frame rate will be....

Specifications:

Intel core i3-380M 2.53GHz Processor. Whether playing latest 3D games or compressing large HD Video size, the new Inspiron N5040 computer has an efficient processor that accelerates CPU processing power when needed most.
    15.6 inch HD Display panel. Experience true High Definition images 720p on a LED powered screen featuring Truelife technology.
    640GB SATA hard drive. I must admit; Dell Inspiron N5040 has the largest hard drive capacity in its category operating at 5400RPM.
    6 cell lithium ion battery
    802.11 b/g/n (2.4G) wireless technology
    Genuine windows 7 Home premium
    4GB Single channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz.
    A generous set of ports are spaced around the edges of the chassis. There are two USB 3.0 ports, one on the right and one on the rear of the machine. On the left you'll find a standalone USB 2.0 port and a combined USB/eSATA connector. There's also a HDMI port on the left, next to a SD card reader. The back also has an Ethernet connector and a VGA port, while there's a DVD writer on the right together with sockets for headphones and a microphone. There's nothing on the front, apart from a set of indicator lights and a pair of speaker grilles. If you prefer connecting wirelessly there's Bluetooth and Wi-Fi support (b/g/n) and wireless display.

One feature that is pretty much consistent among all the Inspiron N5040 models is the 15.6-inch display. This display uses an LED backlit that gives the screen a much wider color gamut than most budget laptops. The screen does have a glossy coating that is becoming common but this tends to increase the amount of glare on the screen in certain lighting conditions. The graphics are driven by the Intel GMA 4500MHD that prevents it from really being used for 3D gaming but is sufficient for HD video.

When it comes to budget 15-inch laptops, Dell has a history of packing their notebooks with enough inputs and outputs to keep any tech enthusiast happy. The new N5110 is no exception. This Inspiron N5040 features two USB 2.0 ports (one of which is an eSATA/USB combo port), two "Super Speed" USB 3.0 ports, HDMI and VGA-out, audio jacks, and Ethernet. It also featured a SDHC-card reader and a CD/DVD optical drive.

Battery life was middle of the road. The N5040-2728MRB's MobileMark 2007 score of 3 minutes 33 seconds is right around where the Dell N5040-1847MRB and Samsung RF510-S01US wound up (3:28 for both) while the MacBook Pro came in at 4:40. The Dell XPS 15 trumped them all with a whopping score of 6:58.

In the past the series has played second-fiddle to its more illustrious brothers, the Dell Studio and Studio XPS ranges, which have tended to feature snazzier designs and meatier specifications for those after the next level of not only style and sophistication, but also power, usability and performance.

This laptop has a good Dell Inspiron N5040 battery life, excellent features, and is a fast and simple to use laptop. It has a DVD-Burner and can be used in a variety of settings. You, as a regular home user would benefit the most from having a travel-laptop that you can depend upon for your basic needs of word processing, e-mailing, Internet surfing and watching a movie. It is lightweight, dependable and is an affordable option for students and businessmen who need a small machine on the go. Overall it is a good quality machine.

For its target audience (students and other budget-conscious shoppers), the Inspiron N5040’s selection of ports is appropriate: Three USB 3.0 ports, VGA out, Ethernet, headphone and mic ports, an ExpressCard/34 slot, and a 7-in-1 memory card reader. These ports are evenly distributed between the notebook’s two sides, with the headphone and mic ports and memory card reader placed smartly on the front side (not having ports on the back is always a plus).

The screen is 15.6 inches and it has a native resolution of 1366x768. It sits about two centimetres in from the spine, which gives the notebook good balance and a slightly different look to the norm. It has a red lid and a black bezel and these colours match nicely with the silver palm rest. There's a webcam located above the screen, directly in the centre, and it's accompanied by a built-in microphone. The bezel and the screen are very glossy though, and reflections can be distracting while you work. In dark environments, we noticed a shimmering in the screen when looking at white backgrounds while the screen was leaned back just past 90 degrees. The shimmering was not noticeable when the screen leaned forward.

Inspiron N5040 R is capable of serving all your heavy requirements of speed and performance with some descent gaming experience. The N5040 comes with windows 7 home premium (64 bit) and a standard 6 cell battery 48Wh battery and optional 9 cell 90Wh Dell Inspiron N5040 batteryf that is capable of giving a good battery back up of 7.5 hrs (9 cell battery).

The actual design and shape of the Inspiron N5040 isn’t that earth shaking, it’s certainly not as eye catching as the XPS M1530. Still, the the look isn’t bad and the blue LED lights give a nice effect, especially in the dark. The slimmer styling of the 1525 also makes it look nice.

The Inspiron N5040 stayed comfortable and cool sitting on our lap, although we did notice that it was slightly warmer near the Dell Inspiron N5040 AC adapter port when we first unplugged the notebook. After streaming a 15-minute Hulu video, the Inspiron N5040 heated up to just 89 degrees Fahrenheit on the underside, while the touchpad measured 87 and the space between the G and H keys moved the mercury up to 93 degrees. We consider anything below 95 degrees to be comfortable.

The touchpad is a large Dell-specific model, with a nicely textured matte finish that gives excellent traction. Speed and accuracy were pretty good, with barely any lag noticed in our tests. We did encounter one situation where a quick tap and select movement wouldn't release the selection box, but that situation didn't come up frequently. The touchpad might not have been as nice to use as a Synaptics model, but for the notebook's intended market it should be fine. The touchpad buttons were a big surprise to see on a budget model. They provide excellent feedback and have a deep throw, instead of standard "clicky" touchpad buttons.

The Dell Inspiron N5040 is designed to make life a little easier every day. Many of the features available on this product are ideal for college students and those who would enjoy the basic multimedia features. This laptop computer is designed by Dell to provide the features you need to accomplish your tasks and save you time while doing it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to catalyst2022 For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Shane (11-02-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    thanks for the info .

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Prob lag if on high setting, but best to be on low settings.