Thread: Macbook?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Depends on what you want, if its a laptop your gonna tend to carry on a lot i would get the air, it has amazing portability.

But if its like a home laptop, go with the pro.

It's the same thing, just a bigger screen.

The only diff between the two is portability & screen size.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    I would get a mac and install windows on it. Done. Get all the sleek sexiness and portability of a mac, without horrible OS.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    I would get a mac and install windows on it. Done. Get all the sleek sexiness and portability of a mac, without horrible OS.
    Why don't you like it?

I didn't like it in the beginning, but when i started using my cousins for like a day or two i got so used to it that i wasn't even able to use my own windows for a few. o:

It's pretty damn neat imo

Besides the fact that you gotta use bootcamp for most shit on it
    Last edited by Polo; 11-13-2011 at 10:30 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    I would just purchase a cheap one simply for looks. I'd leave OSX on it. I wouldn't bother boot camping it, I'd just use it for MPGH, Tumblr and Photoshop. I have a desktop for playing games

Now if only Macs weren't ridiculously overpriced.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    unless its this type of macbook, go ahead...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tall kiwi For This Useful Post:

Lehsyrus (11-14-2011)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by natiko View Post
    Haha I don't just want to play games but I wouldn't mind having Dota2 or Borderlands or Left 4 Dead in my Mac. Obviously my main aim is not to have a gaming laptop. I'd buy an Alienware or a MSI otherwise. I just need a small machine that is of the size of a netbook but runs like a good laptop (i. e. a Macbook), has a good processor (Intel i5) and has fair enough RAM (4GB)- which allows me to take it anywhere and gives me great media and creative potential. That's why I want a Mac... not to mention Windows OS sucks and Linux still doesn't convince me. Besides, the question is not 'do I buy a Mac?', it is; 'What Macbook do I buy?'
    You have just proved to me you know nothing about computers. Alienware? Fuck no. You're getting a Macbook because you've been convinced it's better and you like the way it looks. Terrible decision.

Tell me this, what can you do on a mac that a windows OS based laptop can't do? Nothing. Windows OS based laptop can do everything macs can do and more. Also, you will be paying for an overpriced name rather than something that is decent.

On top of this you're choosing the macbook AIR. That's a horrendous decision. There is no disc drive, and all I've seen one break from being dropped three feet onto a couch cushion. Not what I would call reliable. Oh wait, there is warranty. Too bad the warranty costs a shit ton.

Don't get a macbook. You don't have a need for it. If you were going to school for video CGI and editing, then I would say go for it, but you're not, so there is no point in you getting it.

If you listen to me, and not get a macbook, you will save a lot of time and frustration. The only good games compatible with macs are on steam btw, and they ALL crash and are buggy as HELL, not to mention the bitch of not having a right click. Hey, I want to zoom in *presses ten buttons* ah shit I died before I could zoom.

Having a macbook for gaming is like having a dildo for jacking off. The only way it will do anything is if you put it in your ass blow it back out. Don't get a mac just for school man.

Thanks
    Unless you're into Music Production, Video Editing, Graphic design, etc; Then get it, or simply an Apple Fan.
    If you prefer to stick to high quality PC games, simple office/school work, simple - somewhat high intermediate/low advanced editing (video, photo, music) then stick to Windows. You can always run a Mac OSX on a windows anyways.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12