Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    ParkYoungLee I think you misunderstand the question.

"It isn't how do you feel about being in-existent?" but more so how it makes sense, in our personal perspective of this world, for it to be so when we perceive this world in such a way that makes it seem impossible to not exist - try to imagine not being conscious of anything. Its really difficult to even explain the question, sorry I'm explaining it poorly.

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    This thread would've gotten a lot farther if it was written objectively. Stop calling religion crap. Your materialism isn't going to take you anywhere. Just because we can't prove something, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. We shall probably never prove existence of some almighty creature as God, but for sure does it not mean he's not there. I, personally, think such creation as a human being, it's intelligence, the perfection of the Solar system, the ecliptic rotation around the Sun of the planets, along with Earth just can't be something that became out of nothing. A universe 60 billion light years in diameter created out of tiny atoms? Please, save it. Many people find religion a lie and imagination of a mentally lost person, just because they take whatever they read in the Bible literally.

Not that I'm trying to enlighten you, but one day we shall all find out. But again, if there's no God, we'll not.

PS I'm not completely a Christian, I doubt of God's existence myself sometimes. It's just that I don't like people making unthought decisions based on a talk of a tiny, strange human that can't accept anything beyond his own imagination.
    Last edited by ARHQA$Y$YW4AYG4y; 11-19-2011 at 04:51 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    This thread would've gotten a lot farther if it was written objectively. Stop calling religion crap. Your materialism isn't going to take you anywhere. Just because we can't prove something, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. We shall probably never prove existence of some almighty creature as God, but for sure does it not mean he's not there. I, personally, think such creation as a human being, it's intelligence, the perfection of the Solar system, the ecliptic rotation around the Sun of the planets, along with Earth just can't be something that became out of nothing. A universe 60 billion light years in diameter created out of tiny atoms? Please, save it. Many people find religion a lie and imagination of a mentally lost person, just because they take whatever they read in the Bible literally.

Not that I'm trying to enlighten you, but one day we shall all find out. But again, if there's no God, we'll not.

PS I'm not completely a Christian, I doubt of God's existence myself sometimes. It's just that I don't like people making unthought decisions based on a talk of a tiny, strange human that can't accept anything beyond his own imagination.
    I said "no religious crap" because it is highly controversial and starts dumb ass flame wars like this. I totally and utterly respect your beliefs but they bring controversy on MPGH. The problem with your perspective that "Everything is perfect for us" is that its actually the other way around. We are perfect for our planet and in an infinite amount of time and space it will eventually occur even if the odds are incredibly low.

Regarding everything else that you've said, I will disregard it because you misunderstood the purpose of excluding religion.

I _SPECIFICALLY_ ask for no religion, suppose you can't stop the inevitable.

It's just that I don't like people making unthought decisions based on a talk of a tiny, strange human that can't accept anything beyond his own imagination.
    You mean the same ones that wrote the bible hundreds of years ago with much worse technology and a bias & ignorant perspective on the world?

I, personally, think such creation as a human being, it's intelligence, the perfection of the Solar system, the ecliptic rotation around the Sun of the planets, along with Earth just can't be something that became out of nothing. A universe 60 billion light years in diameter created out of tiny atoms? Please, save it.
    The word "Intelligent" is relative. There are some fairly intelligent sea-creatures, but I suppose they're not made by a god.

I admit it is a mystery but I will not submit myself to some bat-shit crazy priest that lived a thousand years ago.
    Last edited by radnomguywfq3; 11-19-2011 at 05:18 AM.

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to radnomguywfq3 For This Useful Post:

ARHQA$Y$YW4AYG4y (11-19-2011)

I got ants in my butt, and I needs to strut.
    Premium Seller
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Trusted
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    At first, the person might not realise they are dead, and try to do things or communicate with people but are not able to do so. They may notice that when they try to touch someone, their hands move through them. They may float above their body and view it, perhaps without strong emotion. After a while, they realise they are dead and may meet a loving guide who takes them to another place.
    They may travel through a tunnel at vast speed and experiencing greate joy and exhileration. At the end of the tunnel they may come upon a city, perhaps one of shining crystal. Their they encounter a great loving life force.
    They then experience a life review, where they examine their life in minute detail and judge how they have succeeded in attaining their goals for that life. The beings doing the life review may do so without judgment or evaluation of what the being has done.
    After the life review, the being has the choice of being reincarnated either into the current body, as in a near-death-experience or in another body.
    The being may be given special knowledge, skills or abilities.
    Sometimes there is a forgetfulness when the person forgets their life in the after-world and returns to Earth in a state of forgetfulness.
    There are many possible explanations for this other than that this is a real encounter in the spirit world, but it appears that this is something like that which people who get as close to death as possible experience. It is what you and I would expect to experience on death.@Jetamay
    Last edited by Wyo; 11-19-2011 at 05:53 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetamay View Post
    I said "no religious crap" because it is highly controversial and starts dumb ass flame wars like this. I totally and utterly respect your beliefs but they bring controversy on MPGH. The problem with your perspective that "Everything is perfect for us" is that its actually the other way around. We are perfect for our planet and in an infinite amount of time and space it will eventually occur even if the odds are incredibly low.

Regarding everything else that you've said, I will disregard it because you misunderstood the purpose of excluding religion.

I _SPECIFICALLY_ ask for no religion, suppose you can't stop the inevitable.

You mean the same ones that wrote the bible hundreds of years ago with much worse technology and a bias & ignorant perspective on the world?

The word "Intelligent" is relative. There are some fairly intelligent sea-creatures, but I suppose they're not made by a god.

I admit it is a mystery but I will not submit myself to some bat-shit crazy priest that lived a thousand years ago.
    What do you expect for us to say if there's no consideration of religious opinion? Implying there is no God, death would be like sleeping without dreaming, just so to happen forever. I know forever is a long time, but it's really not explainable through capabilities of a simple person.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad

What do you expect for us to say if there's no consideration of religious opinion? Implying there is no God, death would be like sleeping without dreaming, just so to happen forever. I know forever is a long time, but it's really not explainable through capabilities of a simple person.
    define: religion
    The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, esp. a personal God or gods.

Just not that, that doesn't automatically exclude ghosts etc (and I'm not saying I believe in them.)

Really Chuck, just don't even start with me, I am exhausted from a long days of work I don't need your stubbornness in my thread. I really tried to keep is free of flamewars and name-calling :/

Don't get me wrong though, I have nothing but respect for your beliefs.
    Last edited by radnomguywfq3; 11-19-2011 at 06:38 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired

You do realize that all that outer space shit didn't have to happen, right? There's no perfect anything in the solar system. We're just lucky we had some water on our planet which allowed basic life forms to develop.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    My post sooo good that OP cant even replay.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecstasy View Post
    At first, the person might not realise they are dead, and try to do things or communicate with people but are not able to do so. They may notice that when they try to touch someone, their hands move through them. They may float above their body and view it, perhaps without strong emotion. After a while, they realise they are dead and may meet a loving guide who takes them to another place.
    They may travel through a tunnel at vast speed and experiencing greate joy and exhileration. At the end of the tunnel they may come upon a city, perhaps one of shining crystal. Their they encounter a great loving life force.
    They then experience a life review, where they examine their life in minute detail and judge how they have succeeded in attaining their goals for that life. The beings doing the life review may do so without judgment or evaluation of what the being has done.
    After the life review, the being has the choice of being reincarnated either into the current body, as in a near-death-experience or in another body.
    The being may be given special knowledge, skills or abilities.
    Sometimes there is a forgetfulness when the person forgets their life in the after-world and returns to Earth in a state of forgetfulness.
    There are many possible explanations for this other than that this is a real encounter in the spirit world, but it appears that this is something like that which people who get as close to death as possible experience. It is what you and I would expect to experience on death.@Jetamay
    Sounds like its from a book.

I replied

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetamay View Post
    Sounds like its from a book.

I replied
    Obviously not his post, he can barely speak English.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Alen For This Useful Post:

The Philosopher (11-21-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    It's was from a book .

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    Obviously not his post, he can barely speak English.

WOW GUYS - STEP THE FUCK BACK

THE ALMIGHTY PHYSICIST HAS REPLIED. #1 IN THE ENTIRE WORLD

I meant the idea :S not word for word.
    Last edited by radnomguywfq3; 11-20-2011 at 05:12 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Asleep
    All this thread did was confuse the shitz out of me. I'm just going to go enjoy life, peace.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234