Threaded View

Thanks

MW2 wont install properly

I bought COD MW3 3 days ago from EBGames and have had to reinstall it twice now. I was able to play multiplayer for the first night fine. I closed it, left steam logged in and clicked hibernate.

I came back the next day to find that it was updating which i let it. After the update i got a "localization.txt" error and was not able to get on SP or MP. I then uninstalled it and re installed. It fixed it and didn't need to update or download anything.

All of yesterday i repeated the process of playing, closing, hibernating and checking to make sure it fixed and it. It didn't update or download anything.

This morning i go on to see that it has happened again and it was updating. The updating was both 11 GB or so for both SP and MP. Since i only get 30 GB a month it would go over the usage.

I then uninstall and re install it. Once it started installing it finished in about 30 seconds and did not require the second CD. I went to steam to see that it was downloading SP and updating multiplayer. I then went to "steamapps" in explorer to see if it had all installed and only "iw4mp.exe" and 3 other folders were. I know there should be more as i checked it when a successful install had finished.

I have searched google and the steam forums for about 1 and a half hours now and tried everything to install from the CD but nothing has worked.

If there is anyway for you to help me i would really appreciate it as i have barely even played it and i payed $47 for it.

Please help
    Last edited by 321olos; 12-03-2011 at 03:47 AM. Reason: Added info