Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Wondering if I should buy SWTOR

So, I'm interested in SWTOR and all of my old MMO buddies from WoW/RIFT have bought it or are going to buy it, but I'm not sure if I want it yet. To those of you who may have the game, what are your thoughts? Did it meet your expectations, exceed them, or were you disappointed? I appreciate any opinions that you guys provide.

Proud member of MPGH since 2009

Thanks
    I love this game I have played and beta tested almost every Major MMO release since Ultima Online. This game is fun the missions and the interaction with the NPC's is amazing. That being said i dont know much about PVP I havent had much of a chance to try it out. I would say go for it if your looking for another main MMO game.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I'm not paying 15 bucks a month to play any game.
    As much as it does look good..fuck that.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Not Worth It.

I was highly anticipating this game (ever since word of development first got out). I played the original Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (amazing) on Xbox, and I loved it. The second game was not nearly as good. I checked out all of the content and was seriously considering this to be the game I would play, but ultimately it's not worth it when I learned about the price tag. Not only $60 up front for the discs, but $15 a month is absolutely ridiculous. The game is just starting out (will probably need plenty of patches in time), yet Bioware decides to charge the same as WoW (huge MMORPG with more content that has had years to be fixed). I don't know what they were thinking.. (they blew it) Aside from that, I personally think that the KOTOR games are probably best enjoyed as a simple role-player and not an online.

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

I was highly anticipating this game (ever since word of development first got out). I played the original Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (amazing) on Xbox, and I loved it. The second game was not nearly as good. I checked out all of the content and was seriously considering this to be the game I would play, but ultimately it's not worth it when I learned about the price tag. Not only $60 up front for the discs, but $15 a month is absolutely ridiculous. The game is just starting out (will probably need plenty of patches in time), yet Bioware decides to charge the same as WoW (huge MMORPG with more content that has had years to be fixed). I don't know what they were thinking.. (they blew it) Aside from that, I personally think that the KOTOR games are probably best enjoyed as a simple role-player and not an online game.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Its an awful game. In the rpg world i expect 2 things: content TIME and fun pve.

Neither. In fact the only impressing thing(from an mmo standpoint) is that that you can pick dialogue, which BTW: has no effect on anything else you do, ever. Like i can be an asshole or a nice guy, same result just different "moral" points. Its stupid.

The whole gameplay from start to finish is like 2-3 weeks casually playing, 1 week if you just play it every day for a couple of hours. No where near skyrim, saints row, or even mass effect 1/2.
    ------------

Pvp is broken beyond help. They basically raise everyone to 50 and call it a day, regardless of actual pvp gear and not(only obtainable at lvl 50). And since 3/4 of the classes are range, any melee is instantly funnelled down. Oh and btw range gameplay is laaaaaaaame. + cc/stun/knockback is stupidly spammable with no cost to mana and whatnot. I can cc a melee indeffinitely on my sniper.

PVE at max lvl is "get top gear through random drops at a SHOP*(not on mobs)" or just PVP and get the same gear with pvp stats at the shop. Its pointlessly grinding for no reason.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Empire For This Useful Post:

boyhowdy (01-16-2012),[MPGH]Ethereal (01-07-2012)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    So, I'm interested in SWTOR and all of my old MMO buddies from WoW/RIFT have bought it or are going to buy it, but I'm not sure if I want it yet. To those of you who may have the game, what are your thoughts? Did it meet your expectations, exceed them, or were you disappointed? I appreciate any opinions that you guys provide.
    The games looks awesome but cost to much.. I was sent multiple game testing things but couldn't do it because i have a fucking mac!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    There is only 1 gread difference to other mmos in swtor... and thats questing until max level
    after you reach it, the are as much bugs as in all other games and not really any content.

atm 5 chars max lvl and geared every1 in about a week with ilvl 136+.... je i got time buts its so damn easy

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Some people seem to hate this game.
    Look at the hate thread in General...

successful trades:
    killingspirit, Zeus, Bubbles, BigNuts, IPhone4S, BurnRed, PooPoo12345, kolec94, Nexon, TJBRocker, xXBrokenBonezXx

Current Games:

MW3, Black Ops 2, TF2

Total money spent buying CA accounts:

200 Dollars

Total money on CA:

755 Dollars

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    its incredibly shitty now that all the bugs, gliches, and horrible balance issues have been brought to light.

For a game 5 years in developement, it sure has more problems than any new released mmo i've ever played.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Its an awful game. In the rpg world i expect 2 things: content TIME and fun pve.

Neither. In fact the only impressing thing(from an mmo standpoint) is that that you can pick dialogue, which BTW: has no effect on anything else you do, ever. Like i can be an asshole or a nice guy, same result just different "moral" points. Its stupid.

The whole gameplay from start to finish is like 2-3 weeks casually playing, 1 week if you just play it every day for a couple of hours. No where near skyrim, saints row, or even mass effect 1/2.
    ------------

Pvp is broken beyond help. They basically raise everyone to 50 and call it a day, regardless of actual pvp gear and not(only obtainable at lvl 50). And since 3/4 of the classes are range, any melee is instantly funnelled down. Oh and btw range gameplay is laaaaaaaame. + cc/stun/knockback is stupidly spammable with no cost to mana and whatnot. I can cc a melee indeffinitely on my sniper.

PVE at max lvl is "get top gear through random drops at a SHOP*(not on mobs)" or just PVP and get the same gear with pvp stats at the shop. Its pointlessly grinding for no reason.
    I only played a small amount on my friends account but I couldn't get over how bad it was. The world was so ugly, the characters where ugly and the armor was ugly. It's just a sore to look at. The writing and voice acting was pretty cringe-worth too. There is no way I'd drop $60 on that game, no matter how good the end game is.

Thanks
    Hearing if you like knights of the old republic you may like this but I am not sure if its worth the $60 right now

Thanks
    i have played this game.... really i like it. its good option for playing anytime....

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by boyhowdy View Post
    I only played a small amount on my friends account but I couldn't get over how bad it was. The world was so ugly, the characters where ugly and the armor was ugly. It's just a sore to look at. The writing and voice acting was pretty cringe-worth too. There is no way I'd drop $60 on that game, no matter how good the end game is.
    Well the thing is.........there is not one thing this game does better than any other mmo. Not one.

Story? Sure, if you play by yourself. Which in that case might as well play mass effect or skyrim.

Thanks
    Well, if you're a Star Wars fan then you have to play it. It's what any SW fans could ever hope for in a game. Storyline, characters, role-playing, etc. is great and the voice acting is amazing.

Thanks
    Stick to WoW/Rift, from what ive heard the game sucks and its totally over priced.
    Bioware is turning into Activision
    Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast