Thread: Yo Christians

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

Nope.
    Unless you consider inanimate objects to be good/bad. Or animals with instincts to be good/bad. If you do, you are an idiot.

There are plenty of nuetral things in this world, even among the human realm.

Humans emotions are all neutral in a sense. Fear, hate, and such are all really seen as "bad" but when they are against the right thing they are seen as "good" making them in a logical sense "depending upon a situation".

Same goes with human actions. There are times when some actions are "justified" or the only alternative is worse fate for all parties.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a side note: I love it when people bring up "upbringing." For the reason people believe their religion, as a stance against religion.

You see the problem with this point is that "upbringing" is the reason we believe EVERYTHING. Its part of human maturity, and its quite silly to state that as the reason as 100% of what people believe is in this process.

Its what humans are, they learn till death, they continually learn new things and such.

*Of course this is the part where atheist go "well i'm superior because that means i know more! I'm more mature!"

Sure you can say that, but maturity and religion are kind of ironic. Most elderly are religious and most young are not. Just the way the world works i guess.
    I wont even answer that.
    Need a custom image title? Check out my thread

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimuri View Post

I wont even answer that.
    He makes a good point. There are some neutral things in this world, not everything is a test. For those who believe, the test is truly about how well you've followed His teachings and inspired others for the same, in rejoicing His name, and exalting Him on High.

At the end of the day (for those who believe) it's all about whether you passed the test or not, and how many wins that will need purifying before gaining entrance into heaven.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimuri View Post

I wont even answer that.
    Sweet, I will take that as "ok that was stupid of me to say everything is either good or bad".

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifts Bitch View Post
    If God exists Why does he let everyone fight, kill and maim each other?
    He sounds like the ideal man to look up to.
    how man of you read the bible?
    How many people did he kill?
    How Many people did Satan Kill?
    I saw a really good demotivational poster a while ago.
    It showed a football player pointing to the sky after he scored a touchdown
    It was captioned with
    God, because he's there to help you on the sportsfield but not fight for your country

So Can one of you Christians please answer my questions, that is all.
    God does exist for me. He lets people fight, but he doesn't just let them go to heaven that easy. As you can see, punishments doesn't only exist in Earth. People who are dead are judged if they are worthy to go to heaven, or if not, they will be sent in hell. And it's also not his fault that people are fighting. It wasn't what he wanted to happen.

1. As you can see, it's not God's fault if some people don't read the Bible. But actually, lots of people read it. There was once a person who was really sick, he was about to die. Well, he kept praying and praying. Then when he decided to open and read the Bible for a while, he opened it to a random page, and you know what he saw? He saw God's message to him. I forgot what it is, but when he saw that message, he believed in it. He didn't die, but his disease got cured.

2. According to the Bible, yes. He killed many people. But that wasn't for nothing. That was to help the world get less bad people before.

3. Satan killed few people, but unlike God, Satan killed those people for evil.
    Last edited by x1jester; 06-17-2012 at 02:09 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by x1jester View Post

God does exist for me. He lets people fight, but he doesn't just let them go to heaven that easy. As you can see, punishments doesn't only exist in Earth. People who are dead are judged if they are worthy to go to heaven, or if not, they will be sent in hell. And it's also not his fault that people are fighting. It wasn't what he wanted to happen.

1. As you can see, it's not God's fault if some people don't read the Bible. But actually, lots of people read it. There was once a person who was really sick, he was about to die. Well, he kept praying and praying. Then when he decided to open and read the Bible for a while, he opened it to a random page, and you know what he saw? He saw God's message to him. I forgot what it is, but when he saw that message, he believed in it. He didn't die, but his disease got cured.

2. According to the Bible, yes. He killed many people. But that wasn't for nothing. That was to help the world get less bad people before.

So let me get this straight, murder is alright for your "god" to do it, but if anybody else does it they get punished in hell for all eternity?
    Religion is bullshit, how do you expect me to believe in an iron age myth with so scientific background or physical proof that was written thousands of years ago by a few dipshits who talked about a giant fucking boat carrying every single animal on earth and then about a man who could cure people from diseases and then walk on water and then about a man who opens up a giant fucking walkway through an entire ocean and to believe in an omnipotent being that is watching us from above and has our fate in his hands?
    No.
    God may exist, but religion is certainly bullshit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian View Post

So let me get this straight, murder is alright for your "god" to do it, but if anybody else does it they get punished in hell for all eternity?
    Religion is bullshit, how do you expect me to believe in an iron age myth with so scientific background or physical proof that was written thousands of years ago by a few dipshits who talked about a giant fucking boat carrying every single animal on earth and then about a man who could cure people from diseases and then walk on water and then about a man who opens up a giant fucking walkway through an entire ocean and to believe in an omnipotent being that is watching us from above and has our fate in his hands?
    No.
    God may exist, but religion is certainly bullshit.
    First of all, I don't expect you to believe. I don't care if people don't believe in it. And by the way, when I read about the ocean water thingy part, my mind suddenly was thinking of "Water Benders." Hahahahaha.

And they're not dipshits, so maybe stop it. Don't troll with me, I'm good at it.

And about the boat stuff, those animals might be in a pokeball. Just kidding. Hahaha. Well it's really amazing that a boat smaller than titanic had more food supplies, more passengers, and survived longer.
    Last edited by x1jester; 06-21-2012 at 04:00 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Xion8200 View Post
    As a Christian I was interested by this threads name, all I can say is after reading all of the posts is that I chose to believe in the morals and values that are taught in the bible, I have grown up with it and can honestly say some of things the church as an institutions does can be judged upon. I myself believe that it is wrong for all churches to pray against homosexuality cause that's not what the church is for.

I recently attended a seminar which gathered all church district leaders to one event and the question was asked "what does the church or Christianity do when it comes to homosexuality and the issue". The responds was to leave it all and stay away from it, why you ask? because the bibles says nothing about it being wrong, not once.

I get extremely annoyed and angry at so called Christian churches in america you have straight hate for the homosexual community as it gives Christians a bad name. I know this thread is not all about this argument in general but to answer one of your questions God made the ultimate sacrifice by sending his son Jesus to be hung on the cross, now if you believe it or not it's up to you, but the choices of man have lead to war, death and other horrible things of the sort.

That de-motivational poster was probably made by an atheist, and many of today's sports stars point to the sky either to thank god for their success because they are religious or to pay respects to one of there fallen friends.

The point is to believe or not to believe the choice is entirely up to you.
    I'm sorry what was that?

Leviticus 20:13: "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
    Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

I think maybe you meant that Jesus never mentioned homosexuality.
    He did on the other hand condemn all sexual immorality.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 06-23-2012 at 09:42 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love

Pretty sure god killed anyone who pissed him off

if God exists why does he let his creation die of diseases that he could stop?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

Pretty sure god killed anyone who pissed him off

if God exists why does he let his creation die of diseases that he could stop?
    He let his creations die of diseases that he could stop because that's how it works. If it's your time him to take you, that's it. And if people are kept being saved by God, our population will have much less death rate and more birth rate which will make a result of overpopulation worldwide.

Thanks
    And if people are kept being saved by God, our population will have much less death rate and more birth rate which will make a result of overpopulation worldwide
    do you think it really depends on god and not on the people themself?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by xb0x View Post
    do you think it really depends on god and not on the people themself?
    No. I just said that when you're about to die, it depends on God if he he's going to take you or make you live still. But I didn't say that when you kill yourself or suicide or something and it's not your time yet it doesn't mean God's going to revive you or something.

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love

He let his creations die of diseases that he could stop because that's how it works. If it's your time him to take you, that's it. And if people are kept being saved by God, our population will have much less death rate and more birth rate which will make a result of overpopulation worldwide.
    But why did he create diseases?

You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

But why did he create diseases?
    Very easy to answer that, he didn't. Because he doesn't exist. ^_^

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    Very easy to answer that, he didn't. Because he doesn't exist. ^_^
    So why don't you go ahead and prove that?

You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

So why don't you go ahead and prove that?
    I don't need to prove that God exists. I'm not the one saying if you don't follow this list of rules you'll be sent to hell to be tortured and lacerated and etc. for all eternity. It's Christians that are making the big claims so they have to prove that he DOES exist. I don't have to prove that he doesn't because their lack of proof is proof enough.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast