Thanks
    My Mood
    Drunk

Lightbulb A Nice BedTime Story For The Kids!

Ok! Gather around kids! For I am about to share with you the history of minecraft greifing and the results! A truly epic story!

A long time ago, there was a man named Markus, that created the world we now know as Minecraft! Truth betold, it started off an adventure. Building was everywhere, the word "greifing" and "client hacks" hadn't been created yet. Neither had the word "Server security" even been heard of in Minecraft. Then, one frightful day, a group of young children decided it would be funny to build a giant dick on one of the statues within a server. Thus, greifing was born! Soon, a group we now know as Team Avolition started creating their videos on this new feat "griefing". They were amusing, and people thought it was hilarous. Thus, fanboys were born. Then the big bad Team Avolition decided that in order to produce the most "lulz" they had to develop their first hack. SneakHack. This hack exploited the way Nametags were invisible through walls, and started abusing packets in order to create the hack. They moved on to bigger and more dangerous things, such as FreeCam, NoClip and Creative nuker. They ravaged servers, gained reputation and most of all, caused a revolution in Minecraft. Everything was backward, people were greifing, trolling, coding, you name it, they were doing it. One day, the creator of Minecraft decided that he had had enough of these abominations. Therefore, the first Anti - Hacks method was created by Notch himself that kicked players who were flying from the server.

Team Avolition grew only stronger, gained only more fanboys. Around this time of 1.7.3, griefing was still fairly simple. Although it was getting much more difficult to manage. Server owners and coders alike had decided that they were going to do something about the pesky hacks, even if Markus would not. Thus, Plugins such as Lockette, Towny and other similar types were created. After this time, Minecraft had hit 1.9 in which Notch patched ReachHack, a hack which would allow you to destory blocks even 20000 blocks out. As a result freecam was totally patched, since the block destruction relied on Farreach to work. Things were getting better, but still bad. Greifers started to get bothered by all of these things happeneing around them! So they took it out on the servers that least deserved it. Now something I personally call "Fake greifing" was born. This is the act in which people don't just destroy houses and leave a tree in the way, this is where little children decide that they have to obliterate everything!

Even the ground was greifed! Not even just the houses anymore. Children took it upon themselves to make sure it was NOT just a little trolling anymore, servers were ruined, server owners were angry. In the heat of all of this, a brave coder known as Evanprime decided that he would create the ultimate in Anti - Hacks. NoCheat. NoCheat works by monitoring Y Axis movement, speed, packet amount and many other things in order to catch hackers out. This has thrown the greifer to Server owner ratio completely out of balance, in most cases, it is impossible to greif without being returned annoyingly to your previous position.

So I ask YOU, server owner. Are you going to pussy away behind your safe NoCheat, or are you going to be a man and take it down. Fend for yourself? Think about it.

By Dinaiak - COPY THIS AND PASTE IT WHEREVER YOU WANT!
    Last edited by Dinaiak; 02-20-2012 at 12:21 AM.

Everybody, the war on NoCheat has started! We must act now in order for NoCheat to be thrown out the door! Come on everybody! Hit those NoCheat servers in the FACE!

FUCK NO CHEAT!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Awsome story yes i do beleve nocheat is a cheap way for protecting the servers.
    Its not realy needed as fly and speedhack do no harm...

Griefing <3
    bbbboooored

Thanks
    My Mood
    Drunk
    Quote Originally Posted by termica View Post
    Awsome story yes i do beleve nocheat is a cheap way for protecting the servers.
    Its not realy needed as fly and speedhack do no harm...

Griefing <3
    Thanks for the feedback

Everybody, the war on NoCheat has started! We must act now in order for NoCheat to be thrown out the door! Come on everybody! Hit those NoCheat servers in the FACE!

FUCK NO CHEAT!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Heh, nice story :P. Although I'm more on the hacking side of things, I do understand why server owners use NoCheat. IMHO, It isn't really "Cheap". I hate to admit this but it is a very good way of catching people. Server owners don't want to take down NoCheat if it helps them find people who are cheating :P. Oh, and this doesn't really matter, but children won't understand "NoCheat works by monitoring Y Axis movement, speed, packet amount and many other things..." By the way, I didn't mean anything offensively, just giving feedback.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Drunk
    Hahahaha, I see where you coming from :P
    Thanks for feedback.

Now children, the Y Axis on a graph or in our case, Minecraft is the up and down, speed is how fast you move on teh ground LOLZ KTHXBAI

^ Done

FUCK NO CHEAT!