Thread: rezmods

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy

rezmods

Hey folks,

I dont know if I am allowed to post outside links here, so please remove the link if its not allowed.(There is a backlink on my page)

So, i made a website that allows you to create REZ files for crossfire using your own textures, or using already existing ones.
    For example you can create a rezmod that changes your AK to ak-camo, or you can change your ak camo to a green/blue one and your ak normal to a red/silver ak.

Copied from the FAQ:

What is this website?

This website allows you to create and use REZ Mods in CrossFire!

For Modders:
    You can download the original texture of a weapon and edit it for example with GIMP/Photoshop and upload it here.

For Users:
    You can create 'Packs', for example a pack called Best Gold Weapons.
    You can collect skins for every weapon you like and put it into a Pack.
    When you are done with it, you can click download and you will get a small .REZ file,
    that you have to put in your CF directory.

Then start your game and your done smiling

How do i download a Mod?

Then you have to create a Pack and navigate to the Mod you like, and click "Add to Pack".
    Now you select which weapons in the game will have the selected Skin.
    If you want to edit this later, you just have to click "Add to Pack" again.

Then you can download your Pack and put in into your Program Files (x86)/CrossFire/rez directory.

What are Packs and Mods?

Mods

Mods are modified Textures for a certain groups of weapons. Example: You take the awm camo skin and edit its colors in gimp.
    You save it as UNCOMPRESSED .tga file.
    Now you upload it and select the Texture type: awm

Finished! Everyone can now add the skin to their packs and select for their packs how the skin will be used ingame.

You can't download Mods and use them ingame directly, but you can just rightclick the Preview Image and Save it to your Desktop.

Packs

Packs are packages that represent one final REZ-File you can download. You can only use 1 Pack at the same time Ingame.
    You can create Packs, give them a Name & Description and specify if they should be Public or Private.

To add Mods to your Pack go to the Page of a Mod and select the Name of the Pack what you want to add it to, and click add.
    Now you select which weapons in the game will have the selected Skin.
    If you want to edit this later, you just have to click "Add to Pack" again.

What page does what?

- WEAPONS

Here you can see all weapon types that exist in CrossFire, the weapons are grouped. For example awm,awm-camo and awm red dragon are in the group AWM, because you can exchange the skins, they all fit on the model AWM.

When you click on a group, you will see at first the Default textures, the ones which are already in the game.
    Tip: You can directly add a default skin to your pack, so for example AWM Camo replaces all other AWM Skins ingame. The add button is directly under the Texture. Above the add button is a direct download link to the texture so you can edit it with your favorite Image editing software.

Then after the default Textures you see the Custom ones, made by users. You can visit the detail page by clicking on the texture.

- PACKS

Here you can see public packs collected by users. Just click the name to get to the detail page.

- MY SKINS

Here you can manage your own Textures, like editing or deleting them, or upload a complete new one.

- MY PACKS

Here you can manage your Packs, like editing or deleting them, or remove weapons from a pack. Of course you can create new packs here too. If you'd like to change the use of a mod in your pack, just add it again, it will be overwritten then.

- Hot Skins

This page shows the top rated skins of all time, you can rate a skin by going to its detail page.

- New Skins

This page shows the last uploaded skins.

How do I become a Premium Member?

To become a Premium Member of this Site, and to be able to use all features of this Site, you have to donate a 10€ PaysafeCard(without password!) via Email containing the Pin Code and your Loginname. For the Donation you will be gifted the Premium Membership, it can take up to 3 days but you wont be forgotton

But be warned: You are not allowed to share the REZ Files you can download here. If you do such, your account will be banished.

Some Screenshots:

https://hosting.crossfire-germany.eu/i/01f64e7cd90a.png
    https://hosting.crossfire-germany.eu/i/7dad28c24fd6.png
    Last edited by Hero; 03-25-2012 at 08:22 PM.

Thanks
    do i get free premium? lol

Thanks
    Outside links aren't allowed... Removed the website.
    [] [] [] [][]

Editor from 06•14•2011 • 2014
    Donator since 09•16•2011
    Minion from 10•10•2011 • 01•06•2011
    Minion+ from 01•06•2012 • 08•08•2012
    Moderator from 08•08•2012 • 10•06•2012
    Global Moderator from 10•06•2012 • 12•05•2017
    Staff Administrator from 12•05•2017 • 05•01•2019
    Trusted Member since 07•13•2019
    Global Moderator since 09•11•2020