Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

Looking for a CHEAP laptop

So I know this forum is full of PC experts.
    I have some idea on computers but I still need a lot of help!

My PC is old. I thought it was good but it really isn't. I can't run old games such as CoD4 and TF2 smoothly on med settings and even on low, I get major lag spikes etc.

I'm looking for the cheapest possible laptop that can run most games like BF3 at preferably med settings, but low is fine. If a laptop can run BF3 on low, then it's likely to run most other games such as COD4 on high, TF2, WoW and many other games.

The games I play are very limited because I doubt my PC can run it on nice resolution with smooth gameplay so I don't bother buying games anymore.

Most of you will say I can't buy a laptop that will run most things nicely for less than $800 but is there anything out there much cheaper?

I've read that the Asus G73JH can run BF3 on low and that's not too expensive.

My price range is $400-$600 as I'm a teenager and don't have much money :/ My birthdays this month and my parents said they would upgrade a few things on my PC but I would much rather get a laptop. They won't pay for it all which is why the laptop must be cheap!

Please if you could link some cheap laptops and help me out, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    For $400-600 u cant get a laptop that can run BF3 on med or even low. But you can get a desktop that can run BF3 on low - medium for $600. The best laptop you can get only has Integrated Graphics which is horrible for gaming https://www.mwave.com.au/sku-31160331...DDR3_RAM_-_500
    Last edited by Aznganxter; 04-11-2012 at 07:09 AM.
    CPU: Intel i5 2500k
    MEMORY: Gskill 8gb 1600mhz (4gb x 2)
    MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
    HDD: OCZ Agility 3 (60gb) and WD Caviar Blue (1tb)
    GPU: HIS AMD HD 6950 (x2 crossfire)

My Anime List: https://myanimelist.net/profile/CowsGoMooo

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    As you already pointed out yourself, Asus' line of gaming laptops is probably your best bet in terms of performance/price. However, have you considered ordinary PCs or must it be a laptop? I'm pretty damn sure that as long as you can salvage stuff from your old PC or have stuff like a screen, keyboard and mouse available you can get quite a decent gaming PC for that kind of money, perhaps even BF3-grade stuff (and by that I mean more than just med quality).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Well I've talking to my parents and it looks like I can't get a laptop. It's just not worth spending $1000+ for a laptop in order to play BF3. I think i'll be upgrading my PC. These are my specs atm:

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual core processor 5000+ 2.61GHz
    RAM: 4.00 GB (3.00 usable)
    Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

My parents are paying for an upgrade. The limit is about $400-$500 I think. What do you guys suggest I upgrade? Spend $200+ on a really good graphics card or go for one that's $150-$170 and buy more ram and a new processor? PLEASE HELP

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshos9 View Post
    Well I've talking to my parents and it looks like I can't get a laptop. It's just not worth spending $1000+ for a laptop in order to play BF3. I think i'll be upgrading my PC. These are my specs atm:

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual core processor 5000+ 2.61GHz
    RAM: 4.00 GB (3.00 usable)
    Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

My parents are paying for an upgrade. The limit is about $400-$500 I think. What do you guys suggest I upgrade? Spend $200+ on a really good graphics card or go for one that's $150-$170 and buy more ram and a new processor? PLEASE HELP
    We need a bit more info than just that. Motherboard / chipset / socket etc. would be great. Personally I wouldn't be looking at any $200+ cards if it will just run into a huge bottleneck, and neither would I be looking at BF3 either. I recommend you just save up a bit more and go for a new build once you have 600-800-ish bucks saved up. If you want to force that bottleneck though, feel free to buy a 560 Ti or something, that would be one of the better investments of 220-ish bucks for a graphics card nowadays.