Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored

Ideas for the section

Use this thread to post some suggestions about what could possibly be things that can be done
    They can be general they can be some large elaborate plan or they can be big things idk

-Signature of the month
    Prize: debatable
    Winners of the sotw but then again there will only be 4 entries

-Sections

Not just suggestions of change too it can be stuff like "be less on an asshole" or "get people to come to the section or join from somewhere else"
    Last edited by Keroaplt; 04-30-2012 at 06:24 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    -Monthly resource packs
    -Occasional live stream tutorials
    -More activity in the Help & request section
    -Battle record thread maybe make up some rank badges for that

As far as the Sotw is concerned I'm not sure what the status for Vip is..
    We can stick with badges, but cost efficient prizes besides that..I dunno.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

Black Eyed Peas (05-01-2012),Royce (05-01-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    I can stick it out as far as being an unofficial resource team member goes.
    I got a couple of old releases I've been wanting to give out for the longest time. :3

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Basically what Jimmy said, especially the monthly resource packs and the battle record thread.

It'd also be nice to rank active users in the section by skill level or something if we get enough activity.
    TUMBLR

My Full Gallery:
    [x]

My Best Work:
    [x][x][x][x][x][x]

Thanks
    I Like what ethreal said

btw @keroaply we are already doing sotm

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    More contests, Maybe a render subsection for posting renders and such, that plugin Paradise found can't think of anymore >.< will come back and tell though.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I think we should have at least 1 consistent monthly competition,
    and no not a Sotm..that would be stupid..not sure why Royce keeps mentioning it...

An Lp contest would be cool, but I doubt it would get much action, and it will probably be as unbalanced as the sotw is sometimes.

I think a Render of the month competition would be cool.
    It doesn't require an insane amount of skill to render, just patience and the more of them you cut, the better you get.
    For people that have never done it, I know of some really good and simple render tutorials that can be posted right in the entry thread
    That way even a newer inexperienced person can learn rather quickly and not be discouraged to enter.
    I think the other good point of a competition like this would be that we would be killing 2 birds with one stone,
    Not only will we have the contest, but we could also add the render entries into the render thread.
    Since it's monthly I might be able to kick some decent prizes up for this every now and again.
    Can also make some badges up too, something cool with like scissors on them or something.

Feedback?
    Last edited by Ethereal; 05-01-2012 at 04:55 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

.REZ (05-01-2012)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    and no not a Sotm..that would be stupid..not sure why Royce keeps mentioning it...

An Lp contest would be cool, but I doubt it would get much action, and it will probably be as unbalanced as the sotw is sometimes.

It doesn't require an insane amount of skill to render, just patience and the more of them you cut, the better you get.
    For people that have never done it, I know of some really good and simple render tutorials that can be posted right in the entry thread
    That way even a newer inexperienced person can learn rather quickly and not be discouraged to enter.
    I think the other good point of a competition like this would be that we would be killing 2 birds with one stone,
    Not only will we have the contest, but we could also add the render entries into the render thread.
    Since it's monthly I might be able to kick some decent prizes up for this every now and again.
    Can also make some badges up too, something cool with like scissors on them or something.

Feedback?
    I mentioned it, Doc mentioned and , Kero.

I like the idea of rotm,

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical

Feedback?
    Could probably ask Paradise to make the badges only because he did a good job with the signature images and ROTM could probably be cool because rendering is a hard concept in GFX would probably be less member in the competition because half of the sections members can't render seeing they get renders off the internet and about the tutorials this would also be a good idea but as stated lots of members can't render but otherwise good ideas

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Derp View Post

Could probably ask Paradise to make the badges only because he did a good job with the signature images and ROTM could probably be cool because rendering is a hard concept in GFX would probably be less member in the competition because half of the sections members can't render seeing they get renders off the internet and about the tutorials this would also be a good idea but as stated lots of members can't render but otherwise good ideas
    I can make badges just fine I did the last set for sotw
    As far as members not being able to render,that's why I stated posting the tutorials within the entry thread.
    Rendering isn't hard in theory, rendering perfectly is what is tough.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 05-01-2012 at 05:10 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Derp View Post

why does everybody think rendering is so hard

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Royce da 5'9" View Post

why does everybody think rendering is so hard
    Unless your arm has no nerves then rendering must be the easiest thing in GFX some of us dont have steady arms which makes it hard to render .

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

I can make badges just fine I did the last set for sotw
    Haven't seen it but there's 2 people which can help with badges/logos which makes it easier.