Thanks

Idea for RotMG "duping"

I posted this on another forum and I was told that there's probably no-one there that would want to create a hack, but to wait it out to see if it turned out differently. Anyhoo, I'm asking here as well, the RotMG section is much larger here.

I asked my mate about duping stuff generally, and we had a chat but didn't really come to a conclusion about much. (He's not all that interested in hacking these sorts of games and S***.)

However, I had an idea; Surely, to dupe, all we need to do is drop an item on the floor to a mule account, find the packet sent the the RotMG server that told it that our main dropped an item, undo that, pick up the item on the mule, and log out of the main account.

Then, log back into the main account to find the save file at the stage it was before you dropped the item.

I know for a fact that people have had this happen accidentally to them. They have drop traded to a mule. lost connection on their main, picked up the item with a mule, and found that upon logging back into the main, they still kept their item.
    However, when I tried to replicate this with two computers, I failed

But, this means that now and then, the server misses a packet (please don't be too harsh on me if it turns out that I have no idea what I'm talking about with packets ) and doesn't save the game before we D/C.

My idea is this: Instead of making sketchy D/Cs happen for hours on end until you got lucky and made a second speed pot (10 of which could have been farmed in that time) get a packet sniffer (the friend I talked to told me to look it up) and edit the packet to not tell RotMG servers that you dropped an item on the floor.

I hope I've not made a huge mistake, I'm a total noob at computer programming and hacking, I just thought that I'd suggest it to see if I gave anyone ideas. Though I reckon people have already thought about this :/

Still, let me know what you think of this

Thanks,
    Idznak.

EDIT: Had another thought. If the above is for whatever reason impossible, maybe a different method could be used to do the following:

When you log into your account, you're logged in.
    When you attempt to log in to your account in a second instance of RotMG, you are told that your account is already in use.
    Easy to say, tell the server that you're NOT already logged in, and it'll let you have the same account logged in twice, and you can trade/drop your items to one of the accounts, and there you go, you just got 4 items duped in 1.

Again, I have no knowledge of how this could be achieved, I'm just looking for someone who knows what they're doing to see my suggestions and make something of them to create a duping glitch/hack that I, and others, can use
    Last edited by Idznak; 05-11-2012 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Another idea.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    It's a specific error that happens when the website couldn't load, therefore it would rollback your account to a few minutes ago, you cannot force it to happen by packet editing.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    actually i believe you could do it with packets I think you could maby have a second computer scanning the packets given off from the server then when you see your packets you could block them with a program and then the server would be forced to resend them

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    i dont know anything to do with packets but if someone manages to make 1, then props to them!
    rip

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by othieisabel View Post
    actually i believe you could do it with packets I think you could maby have a second computer scanning the packets given off from the server then when you see your packets you could block them with a program and then the server would be forced to resend them
    This is actually substantial.

If it wouldn't totally disconnect you, you could have just shut your wireless off at about the same time you drop it and duped it. :3
    Last edited by Bremnar; 06-12-2012 at 03:15 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bremnar For This Useful Post:

bradhowesable (10-11-2012)