Hybrid View

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

Computer problems, please help :(

i need some help, well im dumb at computers so dont moan,

well, i have bought radeon 6750 XfX graphic card, so i took out my old graphic card, and i inserted the new one, i turned the computer on but there was no signal, i read the instruction once again and it said that i need 6 pin connector, so... i was looking for 6 pin connector but i couldnt find it, i just couldnt find it, there is only 4 pin connector hanging cuz its not connected to anything, my old graphic card didnt need any connectors you just instrted it in and it was working, so what should i do now ? should i buy a new psu ? or what :/

P.s

i just looked on the motherboard but there is none 6 pin connectors plugged in it ;( help me please

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Delko DJ View Post
    DUDE REMOVE RIGHT NOW YOUR GPU IT MIGHT GET BURN AND GET A NEW PSU THAT HAS a 6 pin connector
    it wasnt even working....

so i took it out and put my old graphic card, im on my old now... it was like

i turned the computer on but it said "no signal" so i took it out, and i pit my old graphic card, i just need a 6 pin connector thingy dingy

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored

@
    PasterOfMuppetsGo to your local Hardware shop or newegg or where you buy your shit and look/ask for Molex to 6 pin

^^that is the adaptor
    Music historian here to please and displease,learning to teach all you peeps,so stop by the music part of the forum,and ask the question to your needs.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimateon View Post

@
    PasterOfMuppetsGo to your local Hardware shop or newegg or where you buy your shit and look/ask for Molex to 6 pin

^^that is the adaptor
    i can buy it on ebay..... but, it says no to connect through a adaptor, it has be to straight from the psu... so i guess i will have to buy a new psu

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by PasterOfMuppets View Post
    i can buy it on ebay..... but, it says no to connect through a adaptor, it has be to straight from the psu... so i guess i will have to buy a new psu
    Dont be a dumbass.
    You can connect it to a adaptor ==
    your psu name so i can see if it takes the load.
    Music historian here to please and displease,learning to teach all you peeps,so stop by the music part of the forum,and ask the question to your needs.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimateon View Post

Dont be a dumbass.
    You can connect it to a adaptor ==
    your psu name so i can see if it takes the load.

dude... its some polish crap, 6 years old....

4life/400 so i dont think i can run the radeon 6750 anyway

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    just buy like a corsair CX-[XXX]
    *XXX being a number e.g 400 or 600...

Also, don't try to plug anything else into the PCI-E 6-Pin on your GPU...
    /fp
    Quote Originally Posted by Irie View Post

It's funny how everyone comes to MPGH with their problems

Fuck her and get it over with..
    Press that 'Thanks' button below this if I helped you in my post

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by FangedBeast View Post
    just buy like a corsair CX-[XXX]
    *XXX being a number e.g 400 or 600...

Also, don't try to plug anything else into the PCI-E 6-Pin on your GPU...
    /fp
    i was thinking of

XFX core 450

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    With the 6750's tdp of under 90W, you shouldn't be worrying too much about getting a powerful PSU. Anything abover 400W should be just fine, unless the rest of your PC is from the high-end spectrum of computer hardware.

A few other important facts: never listen to Delko DJ, he's about as retarded as you can get in terms of computer hardware, and pretty much all his posts here are blatant lies. Without sufficient power coming to the card, nothing can get "fried". Realistic worst case scenario? It won't turn on. And if you can't be bothered to pay too much, don't go for big brand names like Corsair either. tl;dr get any 500-ish watt psu that doesn't cost too much.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Alen For This Useful Post:

PasterOfMuppets (05-31-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    With the 6750's tdp of under 90W, you shouldn't be worrying too much about getting a powerful PSU. Anything abover 400W should be just fine, unless the rest of your PC is from the high-end spectrum of computer hardware.

A few other important facts: never listen to Delko DJ, he's about as retarded as you can get in terms of computer hardware, and pretty much all his posts here are blatant lies. Without sufficient power coming to the card, nothing can get "fried". Realistic worst case scenario? It won't turn on. And if you can't be bothered to pay too much, don't go for big brand names like Corsair either. tl;dr get any 500-ish watt psu that doesn't cost too much.

athanks, (gonna press thanks in a moment) you kno what ? i just bought a "motlex to 6 pin" and im gonna try it out if the card will be working then i wont buy a new psu, but if it will be weak or it wont get the power ill have to buy it, however i have a lot of free power because i only have like 3 things connected so i think it would work.. im not 100% sure, anyway i ordered the tmotlex to 6 pin, hope i can play bf3 finally

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by PasterOfMuppets View Post
    athanks, (gonna press thanks in a moment) you kno what ? i just bought a "motlex to 6 pin" and im gonna try it out if the card will be working then i wont buy a new psu, but if it will be weak or it wont get the power ill have to buy it, however i have a lot of free power because i only have like 3 things connected so i think it would work.. im not 100% sure, anyway i ordered the tmotlex to 6 pin, hope i can play bf3 finally
    First off it's "molex" and the overall power of the PSU is split between different rails, so you can't simply say "there's enough power left" - you might or might not have enough power on the 4 pin molex rails. And secondly, don't expect great performance in BF3 - you'll be struggling to get anywhere decent performance at normal resolutions and medium quality.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Alen For This Useful Post:

PasterOfMuppets (05-31-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    First off it's "molex" and the overall power of the PSU is split between different rails, so you can't simply say "there's enough power left" - you might or might not have enough power on the 4 pin molex rails. And secondly, don't expect great performance in BF3 - you'll be struggling to get anywhere decent performance at normal resolutions and medium quality.
    dude.. i got bf3 for free, cuz it came with the graphic card, i had a voucher left, and i used it to buy bf3 with it i dont really care... if i cant play it there is a lot of different games aswell