Thread: Best Headphones

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by Indeligents View Post

"great bass"

He wants bass..

Doesn't mean he has to get a headphone that only plays bass. He should have the choice of changing the sound of his music through an EQ, not because the headphones are permanently biased.
    Hip Hop thread Part 1 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/316-music-...-hop-list.html
    Part 2 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/2-general/...ad-pt-2-a.html
    Part 3: COMING SOON

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iverson954360 For This Useful Post:

Larity2056 (06-14-2012),Lehsyrus (06-14-2012)

Thanks

"great bass"

He wants bass..

Wanting bass and ONLY wanting bass are two different things.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    I have Logitec G300's they sound amazing and only $150

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by iverson954360 View Post
    Anyone that recommends Beats for music quality are fucking retarded. Beats are designed to be extremely bass heavy while leaving everything else out. Not neutral at all and have no sound stage, everything is muddy due to their insane bass boost. Also if this is your first foray into headphones I suggest buying something cheaper first, once you get into the higher ends of audiophile grade shit it's going to be harder to recognize differences between different headphones.

Get some ATH-M50's or some AKG's at first and then decide if you need something even better.
    All of this here ^^
    Music historian here to please and displease,learning to teach all you peeps,so stop by the music part of the forum,and ask the question to your needs.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Anyone that recommends Beats for music quality are fucking retarded. Beats are designed to be extremely bass heavy while leaving everything else out. Not neutral at all and have no sound stage, everything is muddy due to their insane bass boost. Also if this is your first foray into headphones I suggest buying something cheaper first, once you get into the higher ends of audiophile grade shit it's going to be harder to recognize differences between different headphones.

Get some ATH-M50's or some AKG's at first and then decide if you need something even better.
    Well , its not to contradict you but, i have the Beats Pro Detox LE are not THAT focused on Bass, the quality of the Pro is really amazing, i also got the Solo and the difference between the 2 of them is simply huge.

The problem with the beats Pro is its parts which tend to unscrew after a couple of months and it costs a pair of *****.

I recommend Beats Pro but nothing else in the Beats category, but i don't consider myself a retard cause i recommend them
    Last edited by LeCriss; 06-14-2012 at 02:35 PM.
    GOT A QUESTION ABOUT SOMETHING ON CA? PM ME AND I WILL ANSWER THE BEST I CAN!

Dit Pas a un Gamer qui n'a pas de vie. Parce que des vies, yen a en TABARNAK!

MPGH Member Since: 06-06-2012

MPGH Donator Since: 13-06-2012

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeCriss View Post
    Well , its not to contradict you but, i have the Beats Pro Detox LE are not THAT focused on Bass, the quality of the Pro is really amaizing, i also got the Solo and the difference between the 2 of them is simply huge.

The problem with the beats Pro is its parts which tend to unscrew after a couple of months and it costs a pair of *****.
    Yeah I noticed beats aren't built to last, they breakdown to easily.
    [IMG]https://i1213.photobucke*****m/albums/cc463/masks1/my_loving_flame_by_mj_magic-d5gkrqk.jpg[/IMG]

"Christian Bible, the Gospel of Mark, chapter five, verse nine. We acknowledge this as an appropriate metaphor. We are Legion, a terminal of the Geth. We will integrate into Normandy."
    -Legion

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Commander X View Post
    Yeah I noticed beats aren't built to last, they breakdown to easily.
    Unfortunately they do but if you buy the guarantee, which is kind of stupid not to take at this price, they can easily be changed lol. Well, at least at Future Shop.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead

"great bass"

He wants bass..
    But not the bass that is gonna destroy my music

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Well you can get something with a bass controller like i had before, the SkullCandy SkullCrusher Snoop Dog had this bass booster thingy which was pretty cool, with good music quality, not saying these are the best! But for their price which is about 70$-100$ (I think) is good, but just saying.

Problem: This headphone eats the battery like a MF.

Thanks
    Sennheiser HD 800 FTW!
    Or get something from steelseries , been using Steelseries Spectrum 5XB , theyre pretty good too.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by HaxPro View Post
    Sennheiser HD 800 FTW!
    Or get something from steelseries , been using Steelseries Spectrum 5XB , theyre pretty good too.
    No point in getting something like that unless your source is also of comparable quality, the resistance on these types of headphones are so high that you need a proper amp to power them. Getting these and running it off an Ipod will be impossible and pretty stupid.
    Hip Hop thread Part 1 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/316-music-...-hop-list.html
    Part 2 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/2-general/...ad-pt-2-a.html
    Part 3: COMING SOON

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Time View Post
    Beats headphones by Dr.Dre the best .
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Sin View Post
    If for PC get beats.
    @MeatHunter

Like the users' above I believe Beats are the best headphones out.

Amazon.com: Beats
    beats - Walmar*****m

They range from 100-300$
    Quote Originally Posted by Time View Post

Yup, beats is what you need then.
    You should all grab the closest thing with a sharp end and repeatedly shove it into your ears, that's what Beats sound like compared to good headphones. Also this:

Quote Originally Posted by LeCriss View Post
    Well , its not to contradict you but, i have the Beats Pro Detox LE are not THAT focused on Bass, the quality of the Pro is really amazing, i also got the Solo and the difference between the 2 of them is simply huge.

I recommend Beats Pro but nothing else in the Beats category, but i don't consider myself a retard cause i recommend them
    I'm sorry, even the bass that they ARE focused on sounds far from tight and proper. It's like listening to music through a very dense, sludgy substance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabuuty671 View Post
    @Alen
    if his username hasn't changed -.-
    Still here, still Alen, but I cannot be arsed to handle 10 year olds shouting DR DRE IS AWSUM any more.

tl;dr any low-mid range AKG, Sennheiser, BD, Audio-Technica, Denon or Grado stuff will blow away shit like the Beats. I'll back up Ravi with the M50s suggestion, it's a wonderful and affordable product. Alternatively you can also grab AKG's K702 or Denon's D5000. If you're gonna go mid range and get something good, you will also want to get an amp and/or a better sound card, otherwise you'll be just leaving all the potential of the headphones unused. Personally I'm in love with two headphones in particular: Sennheiser's HD800 and Beyerdynamic's dt770. The latter is perhaps a more "fun" headphone, giving you some extra bass and the such, but not in a bad way. Compared to the dt880s I occasionally use, which sound far too surgically precise, and to the HD800 they're the ones I would pick if I just want to lie down and listen to some electronic stuff in order to relax.

Thanks
    V-Moda crossfades are the best headphones you can get in their price range. For ~$110, you get a pair of headphones that are virtually indestructible, and have the best bass response of any headphone I have ever tried (including beats).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post

Wanting bass and ONLY wanting bass are two different things.
    He didn't explain what he wanted.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Are we speaking about headphones for PC or headphone in general such as to listen to music on your iphone? Cause now i seem lost, or I'm just too mind-blown by exams.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast