Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

How To Change Computer Voice To Something Nicer & Smooth

Hey Guys,

I was just working on a side project of voice recognition on a program so it would open programs that you told it to by reading your voice, send emails, open games, login into things for you bring up social network reports on a separate window with a nice GUI, I am thinking maybe keep it on a timer with a set a list of words for windows like documents computer and music so the user could say play music "Mix One" by reading the voice it would play the music file in that folder and then have commands like pause play and close, and start adding better voice reading for more availability on it, all I want to do badly at the moment is the change the computer talk voice for when it has done a task I sometimes have it talk but i dont like the voice chat is there any .dll or other file we can download to get a better voice than that a read faster/smoother would be a great help.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lonely
    wow its sounds very nice pro promise me when u finish it send it to me to try it please ............... ur problem to easy to solve u can record a voice and change it with he computer voice u can record word like ( the task end ) by ur gf voice and replace it with the computer voice if it work tell me if u want another solution tell me and i will try to find another one but answer me fast please

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lovexlove For This Useful Post:

zolferno (06-30-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    I was going to suggest Google Speak but there API doesn't supports desktop applications. I've used Dragon Naturally Speaking a lot in the past and it's one of the best. You can find their SDK here:

Nuance - Client SDK

Browse their site for manuals and stuff on how to use it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hassan For This Useful Post:

zolferno (06-30-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by lovexlove View Post
    wow its sounds very nice pro promise me when u finish it send it to me to try it please ............... ur problem to easy to solve u can record a voice and change it with he computer voice u can record word like ( the task end ) by ur gf voice and replace it with the computer voice if it work tell me if u want another solution tell me and i will try to find another one but answer me fast please
    well i found out Microsoft has one already but, its not very good, I have a good sound card THX and an £60 mic, and speak clearly but a lot of the time it fails, but yeah I am just working on the code at the moment for my voice recognition as its pretty bad, I will need to upgrade it so it can understand me better, I am also thinking of making a custom interface for windows to make it look hmm more like futuristic, but I am building this around me like what i mainly do on my computer from the min I walk into my room and sit down so mainly for games etc, but the main thing I have worked on at the moment was steam - it works perfectly with it, but yeah I will have to spend some time looking up how to modify how windows looks like bars etc and add own custom bars and how things appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Hassan View Post
    I was going to suggest Google Speak but there API doesn't supports desktop applications. I've used Dragon Naturally Speaking a lot in the past and it's one of the best. You can find their SDK here:

Nuance - Client SDK

Browse their site for manuals and stuff on how to use it.
    thanks for this, its much better than what i was using before, a lot better recognition, its pretty much perfect all the time <3
    Last edited by zolferno; 06-30-2012 at 04:30 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Sounds cool, can I mark it solved now ? @zolferno

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by Hassan View Post
    Sounds cool, can I mark it solved now ? @zolferno
    yep, thanks guys for the help

Thanks
    My Mood