Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh

Have fun modding for now...CA Moving to Source Engine

Nexon is slowly moving CA to the Source engine and possibly steam. They are moving for the reasons of using VAC instead of hackshield as well as in hopes to stop a lot of the hacks/modding abilities.

The hints to this are already showing up in the installation directory... Like the new folder called "Physics" in that folder is a file thats a Source Engine type file that holds a lot of the engines physics code make up

Now i have my theories on what nexon might do... i'm judging these off there past, and how much they might actually care about modding itself

When it comes to modding on CA, we have the full documentation, as well as tools and even original NOLF2 and FEAR and AVP2: HD source, so we know how this engine works they are on now (the lithtech jupiter engine) works.

There's 1 of 2 things that will happen here:

If nexon decides the lazy/less cash route (likely as they are a big company)

They will simply modify the Source engine to read the textures/model files of the lithtech engine. Making it so modding will still be possibly via bypass VAC modified files checking

If nexon decides "CA is worth more cash and time"

They will actually convert everything (eventually) to Source engine and thus stopping things like Send To Server and modding completely and we'll have to learn to mod Source engine (which i can help on )

All in all, The next few patches will take CA from lithtech to Source Engine, and probably end the hacking/modding as we know it now will cease to exist and we'll basically have to start from scratch with hacks
    Last edited by supercarz1991; 07-23-2012 at 03:24 AM.

commando: You're probably the best non-coder coder I know LOL

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    At this point I could honestly care less. Even though modding is the main reason I still play combat arms, even if it's completely gone, I won't quit until Nexon decides to pull off BS and ban my "main", which I spent more than $200 on buying perms. Only then will I stop for good, because $50 already was wasted when they banned my main for no reason, and as of this post, i'm still waiting for their response on the ticket I sent. Besides, i'm more interested in newer free-to-play FPS titles out there that are much more interesting to me than Combat Arms, many that I have already participated in beta for.

Though it would be sad to see mods gone possibly forever, but Nexon should at least allow texture modding because they don't give you advantages anyways, and it's always nice to show off your own creations.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Well, I'm not very knowledgeable on this subject, but I do know that you can get past VAC pretty easy. If you've ever modded Call of Duty you'll understand that it only takes a few extra steps. Also, in case you haven't noticed there is a "Physics" folder created when you open Dedit.
    Last edited by Sleepy; 07-23-2012 at 06:07 AM.
    Click here FSP kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    What are you? An 8th grade girl? Grow up and do meth like an adult.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Bypassing VAC isnt really a problem, but I am more than willing to throw some time at finding a new way to mod if anyone wants to help.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by Aekyr View Post
    Well, I'm not very knowledgeable on this subject, but I do know that you can get past VAC pretty easy. If you've ever modded Call of Duty you'll understand that it only takes a few extra steps. Also, in case you haven't noticed there is a "Physics" folder created when you open Dedit.
    yes there is, but the file nexon provided can be modified with 3rd party Source Engine tools, but you crash if you modify it and try to play nemexis

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by supercarz1991 View Post
    yes there is, but the file nexon provided can be modified with 3rd party Source Engine tools, but you crash if you modify it and try to play nemexis
    Figured that out the hard way. Forgot to tell you it crashes

Thanks
    Lol.
    The source engine is more a benefit to modding, than a contra.
    I'm a bit experienced with it and I love it.
    Nexon wouldn't be able to stop hacking and modding - If they switch to source engine.
    Even I as C++ beginner would be able to make hacks for Combat Arms easily, after the switch.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by Leystryku View Post
    Lol.
    The source engine is more a benefit to modding, than a contra.
    I'm a bit experienced with it and I love it.
    Nexon wouldn't be able to stop hacking and modding - If they switch to source engine.
    Even I as C++ beginner would be able to make hacks for Combat Arms easily, after the switch.
    Source is simple to mod i know this, all my custom models are source engine files converted to lithtech. My maps are even source engine conversions

as for hacking, a lot of what we know of now would end. especially when it comes to SendToServer, thats gone once the switch is finished

Thanks
    My Mood
    Drunk
    You all know that a hack is just exploiting the game. there is almost nothing that is unhackable. it may take time to figure out how, but once thats accomplished then a chain reaction begins and hackers everywhere will benefit

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by XxkyorakuxX View Post
    You all know that a hack is just exploiting the game. there is almost nothing that is unhackable. it may take time to figure out how, but once thats accomplished then a chain reaction begins and hackers everywhere will benefit
    i understand this, but any Send To Server hack will have to find a new way to do it. Source engine doesn't have any of that in it

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    I don't think about every possible result...
    Or, maybe they just needed a new physics build for the MECHS, think inside the box- I mean game. This is meant as a joke lol.But i'm serious about the MEch Physics though.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Drunk
    i understand this, but any Send To Server hack will have to find a new way to do it. Source engine doesn't have any of that in it
    yeah true that. well from what i have heard you seem to have mastered engine, making your own custom maps and all

you'll probably be the one to find a way around this. unless hacking isnt as exciting as it used to be haha

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    yeah true that. well from what i have heard you seem to have mastered engine, making your own custom maps and all

you'll probably be the one to find a way around this. unless hacking isnt as exciting as it used to be haha
    it isn't honestly

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

It starts to get boring after you've done everything.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by .REZ View Post
    Bypassing VAC isnt really a problem, but I am more than willing to throw some time at finding a new way to mod if anyone wants to help.
    I'll help you foreber :3
    1/08/2011: MPGHian

1/27/2024: Global Mod
    6/08/2023: Moderator
    1/22/2021: Minion+
    9/29/2020: Minion
    7/26/2020: GFX Team
    8/07/2017: News Force
    12/03/2012: Combat Arms Wiki Editor
    10/03/2011: CA Public Hack Support Team
    7/11/2011: Donator/Premium
    6/25/2011 - 7/06/2013: Combat Arms Modder