Thread: My new baby

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    I know I posted this earlier, but I use FreeBSD 9.0 and Windows 7.

I use FreeBSD 9.0 for:

- Pentesting
    - Networking
    - Programming
    - Everything else any typical computer user might (IM, IRC, browsing, YouTube, etc.)

I use Windows 7 for:

- Games
    - Netflix (although this could very well become native to FreeBSD soon, Google Open Connect)

Needless to say, BSD boots faster, uses less resources, runs faster, and is entirely customizable. Windows is becoming more and more obsolete for me.

For those of you who don't know, BSD is Unix. I used Linux for a year or so (Slackware and Arch) and then some people turned me onto BSD and I've never gone back.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Nathan View Post

'Overpriced chunks of shit'. Somebody got hit by the economy much? Oh, and that's a picture from the Internet. I'm amused.
    If you want to spend an exuberant amount of money on overpriced machine that has nothing to its name but the brand that produces it, even that's arguable, then go ahead. Point being that machine will be outdated in 2-3 years. And then you will have to purchase another one. The rest of us with common sense, however, will build a pc from scratch. And it will superior in every way for the same price. Macs are incredibly overpriced. If your too stubborn to accept that, it's your problem. It's not my $2000.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    ew ios

Thanks
    Was thinking about buying it.

And ur guys , who think Windows 8 will be better than this....Gtfo.
    Windows 8 Will be shittiest OS , ever (Like Vista..)

Linux , and Mac Osx FTW!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Azathᴏth View Post

If you want to spend an exuberant amount of money on overpriced machine that has nothing to its name but the brand that produces it, even that's arguable, then go ahead. Point being that machine will be outdated in 2-3 years. And then you will have to purchase another one. The rest of us with common sense, however, will build a pc from scratch. And it will superior in every way for the same price. Macs are incredibly overpriced. If your too stubborn to accept that, it's your problem. It's not my $2000.
    'It will be outdated in 2-3 years'. 'It will be superior in every way for the same price'. Not only condescending, but a lot of assumptions seem to be given facts in your statement. If you're not able to get a Mac, that's fine. The fact that I can doesn't make me better. However, the fact that you choose not to buy a Mac because they are 'overpriced' does not make you better either. Furthermore, if the fact that there is a 1200$ laptop somewhere around the world or that you could build one that would be much better than a Macbook Pro makes you happy, then sure; go ahead and hang on to that thought.
    God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

Thanks
    Fuck Mac. Overpriced closed source version of a free Kernel and made to look pretty.

I can make an emulator to run Mac programs on PC, can't do the same for Mac.

Xcode is just a shitty version of C++

Those who are arguing Linux versus Windows are just...no. I'm dual-booting redhat and W7. I use W7 for gaming, music development, school shit, etc. I use Redhat to learn, basically. I can do anything to the OS I want. I'm using it mainly for networking and leaning Unix commands. When I had a CS:S server I would only use a Linux background for it because it was more stable, and I could diagnose an fix every issue if the server crashed remotely without the need for FTP access or the need to reinstall everything. With a Windows server I had to manually go through and diagnose every problem and fix it myself by replacing and manually updating everything.

Linux > Windows when it comes to OS developing/dedicated server use

Windows > Linux for everyday basic usage of an OS for casual use.

Mac = a sweaty ballsack covered in shit with whipped cream around it to make it look nice.

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

'It will be outdated in 2-3 years'. 'It will be superior in every way for the same price'. Not only condescending, but a lot of assumptions seem to be given facts in your statement. If you're not able to get a Mac, that's fine. The fact that I can doesn't make me better. However, the fact that you choose not to buy a Mac because they are 'overpriced' does not make you better either. Furthermore, if the fact that there is a 1200$ laptop somewhere around the world or that you could build one that would be much better than a Macbook Pro makes you happy, then sure; go ahead and hang on to that thought.
    Everything he said is true. Macs are completely pointless and are a waste of money. For the same hardware that a Mac has you can build a PC for a quarter of the price, install a cracked version of OSx (many are able to keep consistent with updates as well) and be on your way with a hackintosh that will have te EXACT same functionality as that overpriced crap name but for a quarter of the price.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lehsyrus For This Useful Post:

scotbud123 (07-27-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by Gragodine View Post
    I quite honestly prefer windows 8. Windows has always been superior to a Mac just as Linux is superior to Windows. But to each their own I guess
    Windows 8?
    As awesome as Windows is, even Windows makes mistakes.
    Windows 8 is still in beta, and there are barley and games compatible to it.

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

Gaming .___.

However, I prefer OS X because it makes things simpler. It's just easier to work with and the many commands or helfpful tips I've picked throughout my time with the Macbook really makes me produce much faster.

(NB; simpler, not better)
    Gaming on a Mac?
    Never.
    [IMG]https://i1263.photobucke*****m/albums/ii636/ArctikRanqe1/me-gusta-original1-1.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

So you accuse of me of using a condescending tone, and then go on to imply that I can't afford a $2000 mac. That makes you a hypocritical, stubborn, narrow-minded elitist that cannot come to terms with the fact that Macs are simply not worth the price tag. I'm not arguing that Apple doesn't make quality products, or that they don't look nice and shiny and pretty, I'm arguing that for the price of a Mac I can build PC for the same money, but with superior components. And your Mac WILL be outdated in 2-3 years due to Moore's Law. But my $2000 PC will last a bit longer since superior parts were used.

So just for shits and giggles I put together a pc with equal and/or superior parts compared to those in a mac. This is what I got.

Your Mac:

My bootlegged PC that I threw together in a matter of minutes:

But I don't have any peripherals. So now I have over a thousand left to spend on peripherals.

So even after buying peripherals I saved $200.

I bought a better CPU, HD, SSD, gfx card, and probably a better mobo, I don't know what the Mac uses. I bought a shitload of superior peripherals, including a high resolution monitor and webcam, a mechanical keyboard, a top of the line mouse, and 5.1 surround sound system. All for less than your superior mac.
    Last edited by Azathᴏth; 07-27-2012 at 07:36 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Azathᴏth For This Useful Post:

scotbud123 (07-27-2012)

You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by HaxPro View Post
    Was thinking about buying it.

And ur guys , who think Windows 8 will be better than this....Gtfo.
    Windows 8 Will be shittiest OS , ever (Like Vista..)

Linux , and Mac Osx FTW!
    Vista is a perfectly fine OS, the people that complain about it are the fags that got the pre-release versions and etc. and complained about it being buggy. From SP1 and on Vista is a perfectly fine OS.

Windows 8 is designed (at this point) around tablets. It's not meant to be for desktops. If they do make a desktop version of Windows 8 it won't be the tablet based, beta, pre-release that all of you fags are complaining about.

Mac OSX is the free open-source Unix kernel, except closed source, a few thousand dollars more, and "shinier". The worst OS of the 3 by a long shot. Deal with it Mac Fanboy.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctikranqe51 View Post

Windows 8?
    As awesome as Windows is, even Windows makes mistakes.
    Windows 8 is still in beta, and there are barley and games compatible to it.

Naw, windows 8 is going to be an incredibly cross-platform and backwards compatible operating system. It will be executing on Intel, and arm processors with many many different hardware configurations. It is literally programmed such that its kernel can run on the xbox, phone, desktop and tablet. I think this is Microsoft's plan as well; maintaining one operating system for all of its devices is very efficient. If using the .Net framework, an application has a virtually transparent transition between any of these deivces if they are running the latest OS.

Windows 8's kernel has some incredible advancements when it comes to power-saving, security and multi-threading. Also, startup time has out-performed many of its competitors, taking in to account that these trials are done with an unoptimized and unpolished build of the operating system, I have very very high hopes for windows 8.

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Quote Originally Posted by Gragodine View Post
    HAHAHA, that's getting printed into a poster.
    For $3,000 I could get crossfire 7970's or two 670's, AND an i5 3570k then still have money left over for dinner.
    You could probably have a GTX 690 + i7 3770k and a proper custom watercooled system.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetamay View Post
    Naw, windows 8 is going to be an incredibly cross-platform and backwards compatible operating system. It will be executing on Intel, and arm processors with many many different hardware configurations. It is literally programmed such that its kernel can run on the xbox, phone, desktop and tablet. I think this is Microsoft's plan as well; maintaining one operating system for all of its devices is very efficient. If using the .Net framework, an application has a virtually transparent transition between any of these deivces if they are running the latest OS.

Windows 8's kernel has some incredible advancements when it comes to power-saving, security and multi-threading. Also, startup time has out-performed many of its competitors, taking in to account that these trials are done with an unoptimized and unpolished build of the operating system, I have very very high hopes for windows 8.
    Thank god someone who understands. Wibdows 8 has already done some incedible things with my 4 year old hp dv6000's batterylife. It runs smooth as butter on the 1.4ghz pentium dual and 2gbram. All games run fine on my desktop win 8 install if not better abd its not even a final release yet! Windows 8 is turning out to be a very well put together OS.
    See, its not only macs that will last you a long time. I dont have plans to replace this lappy anytime soon.
    [IMG]https://i1060.photobucke*****m/albums/t452/Gragodine/Untitled.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]https://i1060.photobucke*****m/albums/t452/Gragodine/NuCor.jpg[/IMG]
    .Gragtastic.
    Failed Genius
    [IMG]https://i1060.photobucke*****m/albums/t452/Gragodine/124Member1.png[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetamay View Post

Its still in beta and shouldn't be bought until its finished and gets positive feedback

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    I was about to congratulate you on a real baby /facepalm
    Hey beautifuls

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast