Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy

Tips and Tricks for a successful Crossfire career

ust a few things I've picked up while playing. If you feel there's a tip to add, feel free to. I'll try to keep a list on my computer and update with a new thread every now and then. Please note that I am by no means a player who thinks they're better than anyone. I just want to throw out things that I've learned that might help people (especially the new ones who come here looking for help).

#1. Always play fair. I cannot stress this enough. People can yell and scream about how you "hack" all they want, but when it comes down to the wire, you know you play fair and chances are that the mods and admins will also see that you're fair.

#2. DON't feed the trolls. People who love to make others mad are everywhere, especially in fps games. Some do it to make you lose your edge, some do it to haze the new kids, and some do it just to get the fun out of getting others in trouble. If you don't react to them, you give them no ammo.

#3. Headphones are indispensable. Here in Cross Fire, a lot of the game can be based around sound. You can hear when someone changes weapons (the **** of a gun or unsheathing of a knife), where someone's walking and what they're walking on, and for the most important reason, hearing the Ghosts in Ghost Mode breathing. This is a loud, obnoxious, shrill sound that is in resemblance to Darth Vader. It's easy to find them if you listen carefully.

#4. Try not to look away. A lot of times, someone will text you or call you during a match. If this happens and it's not an emergency, then it won't kill you to wait for a couple minutes to grab the phone or call down to mom between rounds when everyone's still invulnerable for a few seconds. This helps especially in Ghost Mode when a ghost tries to sneak up on you by crouch-walking. The moment your eyes leave the screen, you're vulnerable.

#5.(Ghost Mode) there's always a chance you can be seen. Ghosts, this goes to you. Whether it's that single moment you mess up on your bunny hop, or if you're rushing blindly into the fray, it's very likely that you've been spotted and are going to be shot. Now I have seen people that can bunny hop flawlessly for a short time, but never have I ever seen someone who can do it for the full game without messing up once or twice.

#6. DON't over play. I personally feel I get better when I get tired but that's because during the day I feel like a rabbit on speed so I can't focus until I lose energy. But there are a lot of people who will get tired and lose focus, in turn getting them killed and making them extremely frustrated. When people get mad out of exhaustion it's just not fun for anyone.

#7. Lag happens and you can't always control it. A lot of people will get mad at me when my crappy internet douses my game connection for a second and spiking me to a 300+ ping (rare but it happens). I can't do anything to control it and a lot of other people can't either. Now I'm not saying go into a game with fifty other applications and browser windows open and use that as an excuse, I'm just saying that if someone's lagging like crazy, don't get mad at them because it might not be their fault.

#8. DON't show off unless you know you can. I'll be the first to admit that I like to show off sometimes when I have people I know that I play with. It's my fatal flaw for this game. However, if you go into a game where everyone is ridiculously good and killing someone every quarter of a second with no effort, don't try some three-sixty, no-scope, twenty foot fall, head shot stuff. Chances are, you'll mess up and feel *, the others will taunt you and you'll get mad. Just play to the best of your abilities.

#9. Respect is earned not given. Respect your fellow players for their strengths and willingness to work through their weaknesses. No one is perfect and there will always be someone better than you just like you're better than someone else. Learn to accept this and continue on.

#10. IT's a game. This is my favorite tip. The purpose of a game is to play fairly and have fun while doing so. I've seen too many people that over-react to someone getting a lucky shot and that sends the entire game room into an uproar. Relax and have fun doing what you do. If you're not having fun in a game room then no one is forcing you to stay there. Leave and find a better game.

#11.SH*t happens. I've come flying around the corner to find a grenade at my feet or a muzzle in my eye. It happens. Don't get mad at the other person, just have fun, congratulate them on a kill (or silently rage to yourself about how you should have seen that coming) and move on. Just try to get them back in a later round or in your next spawn.

#12. Hacking isn't the only immoral thing. Let's face it guys and gals. There are tons of ways to exploit a game's weaknesses. Glitches, spawn killing, and the like are just more ways to ruin a game for other people. I know that there will always be people doing these things and that will never change, but honestly, do you really want to be that one person that everyone hates because you've ruined the game for them? If so then you really shouldn't be playing at all.

#13. Hard work is rewarding. I have never seen a game where you don't get a reward for working towards a goal. I work extremely hard at Ghost Mode and my reward is gp exp and skills that I can use later on in the game. So don't think that you get instant gratification and keep pushing towards that goal.

#14. Everyone has an opinion. That doesn't mean it's yours or that you even need to listen to it. I've been in games where people rage at the Brazilians for being in our game. That's not my opinion but I'm not going to tell them that they don't have the right to express it. I think the easiest way to put it is "Everyone has an opinion and everyone has an ass. Some of them stink and some of them don't." So just avoid talking to the people who's opinions disagree with yours or simply state yours (do not do this. Guy: "0mfggggg br'$ dun bel0ng 1n th1$ g4m3!" You: "Sdfu n00b anyone can play!") in a respectful manner and leave it at that. Honestly, what are they going to do and what are you going to do if you don't see eye to eye?

#15. Listen to the moderators. They have the best interest for the game in mind and usually for the majority of the players. They're just trying to keep order and you not listening to them makes their job extremely hard. I've been mod on a few games before and I can personally say that when people try to argue with a mod on rules they've pretty much engraved in their minds, it just makes them mad and gets the players in deeper trouble than before.

#16. Music can help. I like when I'm playing, to have some intense, fast-paced music coming from my radio in the background. It makes me feel better and kind of hypes me up. Now this isn't true for everyone but if it is for you, then feel free to put on something in the background.

#17. Some people actually want to help. If you're new and in a game with veteran players, chances are they'll show you up. I know I would have gotten nowhere without the help I got when I was a grunt. My friends Grimsly and UNC88 were a huge help and they went out of their way to help me practice. So if someone tells you "Hey want to play a private match? I can show you how to bunny hop" or something along those lines, it's not always because they are being condescending. They might genuinely want to help you get better. Now what for, i can't always say. They might need clan members or just want to play you when you get better so you two can have an intense friends match. Either way, just respectfully accept or decline their offer. They might actually teach you something.

That's it for now! If you guys have a tip, feel free to post it below and I'll keep a list. I'll update this list in a new post or an edit to this one every now and then to keep everyone informed. Thanks everyone!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to allyzataylor For This Useful Post:

Nicksssmskja0` (08-13-2012),Symmetrical (08-13-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    thx for sharing i only read the half

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    Quote Originally Posted by Tu®n][OnZzZzZ View Post
    thx for sharing i only read the half

Thank you for reading it too.

Thanks
    Good guide for newbies to FPS's

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    I disagree with the don't overplay more playing is better for you. If you wanna get good (like me) you have to play ALOT i semi quit CF (Don't play as much as i did) but when i was playing competitive i would stay on CF 12 hours a day just practicing so you should play ALOT but if you get tired try to fight it or just quit

Just a little tip for me

Take 10 seconds and close your eyes relax and then open them again and play (trust me)
    Last edited by Ninja Mafia; 08-13-2012 at 10:18 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    Quote Originally Posted by 3p4x View Post
    I disagree with the don't overplay more playing is better for you. If you wanna get good (like me) you have to play ALOT i semi quit CF (Don't play as much as i did) but when i was playing competitive i would stay on CF 12 hours a day just practicing so you should play ALOT but if you get tired try to fight it or just quit

Just a little tip for me

Take 10 seconds and close your eyes relax and then open them again and play (trust me)
    You don't need to brag though. Meh, I just don't over play it. Because when you get tired, most probably you will lose your focus in the game, definitely affect your profile.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Thanks for sharing
    (1v8) Farming Service for Crossfire!
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=955655

My skype : O.oH4ck.eXe/ Nego

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    yuzza thats alll true buddy, but 1 thing, the fact people hate on br's is because they always lag and teleport everywhere....wich is...ANNOYING XD u hs them 10 times and then pouf they in ur back and you're dead o.o

Thanks
    I read #1 & #4
    Thanks for sharing.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angry
    Too Long for me to Read ! btww i Have a successful Crossfire career Called Hacking

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    Quote Originally Posted by GameHaXx View Post
    Too Long for me to Read ! btww i Have a successful Crossfire career Called Hacking
    That's a nice career dude

13. The Following User Says Thank You to allyzataylor For This Useful Post:

GameHaXx (08-13-2012)

Maybe this world is another planet's Hell.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Lol'ed at the title "CrossFire Career"
    MPGH's Official Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube page!

Swiftdude
    Hero
    Jigsaw
    Alen
    JigsawJr

Scata

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Too long, but nice.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    Quote Originally Posted by poedeltje View Post
    Too long, but nice.
    Thank you!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    tl;dr
    "Tips and Tricks for a successful Crossfire career"
    A career on crossfire? People gonna become hobos if they don't actually work with Z8Games.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast