Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

[help] getting failed to contact key server when trying to get new cd key on steam

yea so i was global banned earlier and i bought arma 2 oa on a different steam account but everytime i try to start the game it says failed to contact key server.... please help, did i just waste 20$

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Hmmmmm Delete all files from old arma2 in your pc (including registry) and then re-install the game this may help
    ★★★★NEED HELP IN DAYZ? YOU CAN'T USE A HACK?STUCK WITH SOME SCRIPT? JUST PM ME I WILL RESPOND YOU AS FAST I CAN★★★★

Leecher: 0 ()
    Choob: 25 ()
    Newbie: 50 ()
    Member: 100 ()
    Advanced Member: 150 ()
    Dual-Keyboard Member: 250 ()
    Expert Member: 500 ()

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring
    i only am deleting operation arrowhead because thats the one that is not working i think

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by +_Jack NorriS_+ View Post
    Hmmmmm Delete all files from old arma2 in your pc (including registry) and then re-install the game this may help
    where is the registry files=O

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    1 Press Start+R
    2 Type Regedit.exe
    3 Go to:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SOFTWARE
    Wowblahblah
    Bohemia Interactive
    Arma 2 OA
    Delete everything there
    This may help
    ★★★★NEED HELP IN DAYZ? YOU CAN'T USE A HACK?STUCK WITH SOME SCRIPT? JUST PM ME I WILL RESPOND YOU AS FAST I CAN★★★★

Leecher: 0 ()
    Choob: 25 ()
    Newbie: 50 ()
    Member: 100 ()
    Advanced Member: 150 ()
    Dual-Keyboard Member: 250 ()
    Expert Member: 500 ()

5. The Following User Says Thank You to +_Jack NorriS_+ For This Useful Post:

tdubs96 (08-08-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Have no worry - this happens (AFAIK) when a lot of people are purchasing a game. There is no need to delete registry files, delete the game, etc. Just wait for the repurchases to die down.
    Quote Originally Posted by VindictusMods
    I'll just change my IP, and I have all your IP's guys. So watch it. I may hack or put a virus in ur computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by sd333221
    Injecting in the lobby gets you directly banned. Thats my secret deal with Battleye, I let them have the people who can't read the instructions and they don't ban the others in return.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring
    thanks for the help but for some reason i had a duplicate in the registry files of arma 2 and arma 2 oa so i just deleted registrys from both

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

thanks lockdown but too late haha.. dont matter though cause i had almost 9 gigs of useless stuff in the oa folder from when i was trying to make a local server instead of using the host i use now... thanks for the info both of you=)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by tdubs96 View Post
    thanks for the help but for some reason i had a duplicate in the registry files of arma 2 and arma 2 oa so i just deleted registrys from both

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

thanks lockdown but too late haha.. dont matter though cause i had almost 9 gigs of useless stuff in the oa folder from when i was trying to make a local server instead of using the host i use now... thanks for the info both of you=)
    Haha Ok. FYI Odds are you will need to relaunch ArmA 2 now though, since you deleted the Key for that one, so it needs to be reset! Good luck!

You need to combine the folders by the way when you're making a local host :P
    I'll just change my IP, and I have all your IP's guys. So watch it. I may hack or put a virus in ur computer.
    Injecting in the lobby gets you directly banned. Thats my secret deal with Battleye, I let them have the people who can't read the instructions and they don't ban the others in return.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring
    Quote Originally Posted by lockdown6435 View Post
    Haha Ok. FYI Odds are you will need to relaunch ArmA 2 now though, since you deleted the Key for that one, so it needs to be reset! Good luck!

You need to combine the folders by the way when you're making a local host :P
    i only deleted registrys from operation arrowhead=)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring
    the error is continuing still

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    I still have the error as well. Wait for Steam to purchase a new batch of keys.

Thanks
    Official Steam support:

Failed to Contact Key Server
    I receive Game Error: Failed to Contact Key Server when launching a game from Steam.

Upon trying to launch a third-party title on Steam, you may experience this error. The most common causes of this issue are listed below:
    If the game is a recent release, or was purchased during a sale
    While we do our best to anticipate demand from our users, occasionally we may run out of keys to provide for your purchase. When we are out of keys, this error will appear. You will be issued a key as soon as we have been given more by the game's publisher.