Thanks

Borderlands 2 Skill/Money Editing - NOOB FRIENDLY TUTORIAL (Pictures)

I've decided to make a quick tutorial for people who don't know how to use CE but want to mod their BL2 Skills, Money etc.

We will use CheatEngine to look for changes in certain values. The method can be used for pretty much whatever.

Download CheatEngine: HERE

We'll start off with skills since it's the more complex route and will get you familiar with how CE works.
    • Install Cheat Engine and Open it up.
    • Open BL2 and get in game. Make sure you've spent your first Skill Point to open up the tree.
    • Put your game in windowed mode (alt+enter). This will make it much easier to transition between CE and BL2
    • Your tree will look like this (I am playing Zero and starting on the "Sniping" tree)

• Go to cheat engine and click the computer icon in the top left, then select Borderlands 2 and click Open.

Now we're ready to do our first scan. I am going to be skilling up "Headshot".
    We are going to start out our scan with the value of 0 since the skill is 0/5. Our goal is to scan each time the value changes, CE will eventually hone down on the ID of the skill so we can change the value. You will be able to change the value to whatever you'd like and increase your stats immensely.

• In the Value section on CE type 0.
    • Now click First Scan and wait for it to finish. (Progress bar on top). When you hear a ding, the scanning will be complete.

The address' on the left are the ID's. So now we need to make a change in game.
    • Go back to BL2 and skill up once in the skill you want. In my case it's the Headshot skill.
    • Now we go back to CE and in the Value section type 1, then click Next Scan (DO NOT CLICK NEW SCAN). This scan will take some time so be PATIENT and wait for the ding.

You'll see a bunch of stuff bouncing around in the address section, just ignore it and move on to the next step.

• Go back to BL2 and skill up the SAME skill again, so now it should be 2/5.
    • Now go back to CE and in the Value section type 2, click Next Scan.

• Repeat the last 2 steps, this time changing the skill to 3/5 and setting the value to 3 in CE, then hit New Scan.
    • You should now have 1-2 address' in the left panel. If it's only 1, then you've found the ID, if there are 2 you will have to test both, but generally it's the bottom of the 2.
    • Now you need to click on the address and hit the little red arrow below.
    • Double click the value and change it to whatever you want, I will change mine to 150. You can also set a description and save the file for editing later if you wish.

I've now changed the value of Headshot to 150, to see the change you need to select a new inventory tab in BL2 or exit and re-open inventory and go to your skill tree, you will then see the changed value. Repeat these steps for any skill you want to change. You can also use this method to add skill points by spending one skill at a time and in between scanning the changing value of your skill points. You can also do this with money, simply type in the amount you have in the value section on CE, hit new scan, go back to BL2 and buy/sell something, then enter in the new amount in the value section back into CE, hit next scan, find the address and change the value to whatever you wish.

Below is an example of how I've setup a profile for Zero with descriptions and all. Feel free to try out the money and skill point address.

I hope this helps some people, mess around with the method and see what you're able to modify, or wait for some BL2 tools.

-Lazzy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lazzybird For This Useful Post:

jimjo (09-28-2012)

Thanks
    Editing skills like this doesn't really do anything. Setting my melee skills to 150 and having 400%+ to melee damage with melee boosting guns deals the same as level 5.

Thanks
    Regardless, I was mainly showing the method for people who don't know how to do it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by loveundermytail View Post
    Editing skills like this doesn't really do anything. Setting my melee skills to 150 and having 400%+ to melee damage with melee boosting guns deals the same as level 5.
    If the game is anything like the original BL, going over the 5 point limit will actually further boost the stats. Why do you think people spent days hunting down specific COMs?

Quote Originally Posted by lazzybird View Post
    Regardless, I was mainly showing the method for people who don't know how to do it.
    You should really consider using pointers, those addresses will change every time the game starts up.

Thanks
    Will using the CE get my banned on steam?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by mykothebear View Post
    Will using the CE get my banned on steam?
    Seeing as BL is played locally / on a local server and has no anti-cheat protection such as VAC, no. If you want to make sure there's no way anyone can track your hacking you can always disable sync with the steam cloud and go into offline mode.

Thanks
    Thank you Alen,

Will the items and alternations I make with the CE be usable when I do play multiplayer with my friends?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    awesome post thanks man!

Thanks
    CAN IT WORK FOR PS3

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by darkangel239 View Post
    CAN IT WORK FOR PS3
    Can you run Windows on PS3?