Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace666 View Post
    Lehsyrus ,man I don't know where do you actually take your information from and I have no idea how much of a gamer you are , but I have since one month with win 8 installed 22 games (all hardcore on the graphs and CPU usage) and compared to the 7 they all work better ,faster and easier. My machine is a powerhouse , I don't even care how much of it is used ,yet everything is running way easier. First off start reading a little what is changed in the core of win 8 , you will see that win 8 actually makes everything you have in your machine to work for the game you are playing and working with much in the background giving you more performance . Second I have tested these games on both wins : Crysis ,Crysis 2 , BF3 , MW3 , NFS- Shift 2 and The Run , AC Revelations and all work better on win 8 . As for what I know , I have been working and studying computer hardware since I was 6 so I know what I need to look for. Also you can`t say that your machine is weaker thus not giving you enough since I made a PC play Crysis 2 with a 8600 GTS on MAX on win 8 , while a GTX550 had trouble playing it on medium on win 7...
    I get my information from personal experience. An i7 3770k with dual 7970's 8 gb of vengeance RAM 64gb SSD for booting 1TB HDD for storage, I'm pretty sure my machine is MORE than qualified for gaming on W8, though whenever I even tried to play a game as basic as AVA either it consistently crashed or the FPS was lower than dirt. I averaged 12 FPS on BF3 with Medium graphics on W8, meanwhile on W7 (dual boot) I average at 110+ on a custom config that boosts past Ultra graphics. I couldn't even have my PC OC'd on W8, it kept crashing in general, I had to UNDER clock my PC with W8 to get it working normally, meanwhile on W7 I have it OC'd to 4.2 Ghz and have never gotten a blue screen. W8 wouldn't even run TERA, and D3 was out of the question when it kept fucking up when I had to put in my Auth code.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post

I get my information from personal experience. An i7 3770k with dual 7970's 8 gb of vengeance RAM 64gb SSD for booting 1TB HDD for storage, I'm pretty sure my machine is MORE than qualified for gaming on W8, though whenever I even tried to play a game as basic as AVA either it consistently crashed or the FPS was lower than dirt. I averaged 12 FPS on BF3 with Medium graphics on W8, meanwhile on W7 (dual boot) I average at 110+ on a custom config that boosts past Ultra graphics. I couldn't even have my PC OC'd on W8, it kept crashing in general, I had to UNDER clock my PC with W8 to get it working normally, meanwhile on W7 I have it OC'd to 4.2 Ghz and have never gotten a blue screen. W8 wouldn't even run TERA, and D3 was out of the question when it kept fucking up when I had to put in my Auth code.
    Probably after most games will support Win8, the gaming experience will be as good as win7

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I was pretty late getting Windows 7, I just got it like a year and a half ago.
    My old pc was a pos and I had windows XP pro on it. I don't see the point of getting 8 at this point.
    Windows 7 seems fine.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MusiK View Post

Probably after most games will support Win8, the gaming experience will be as good as win7
    If it fixes the support for my hardware (I'm guessing it's just compatibility issues, but what else is new with Microsoft), I will definitely like it as I can always mod the OS until I find a setting a like. If not, I'll hate it just as much as I hated Windows ME

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post

If it fixes the support for my hardware (I'm guessing it's just compatibility issues, but what else is new with Microsoft), I will definitely like it as I can always mod the OS until I find a setting a like. If not, I'll hate it just as much as I hated Windows ME
    Just give it some time until most games are compatible... i cant play cf atm..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Lehsyrus mate either you don't know what you are doing or something is very wrong with the release of win 8 you are using ... I am on a original windows 8 PRO , have no problems , games run with ease and I am speaking real HARDCORE games .... Since you said your config let me tell you mine : i7-3960x ,16 GB RAM , GTX690 Gainward 4GB , 3x 240GB SSD , 2 TB HDD storage , Shuttle x79 Motherboard , Win 8 PRO.

Thanks
    i hate the new look its like being on a xbox, my pc is my pc and i'd like to keep it from looking like my xbox

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Lehsyrus mate either you don't know what you are doing or something is very wrong with the release of win 8 you are using ... I am on a original windows 8 PRO , have no problems , games run with ease and I am speaking real HARDCORE games .... Since you said your config let me tell you mine : i7-3960x ,16 GB RAM , GTX690 Gainward 4GB , 3x 240GB SSD , 2 TB HDD storage , Shuttle x79 Motherboard , Win 8 PRO.
    so you are telling that my pc with dual core and gtx560 will be able to open hardcore games without lag on win 8

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    WTF is a real HARDCORE game?

Reasons why this is a bad OS from the top of my head.

1. Windows store (incredibly unhealthy for distribution competition)

2. Metro UI (incredibly inefficient, poorly utilize screen real estate. https://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17wr...g/original.jpg)

3. Unintuitive navigation with unneeded extra steps (part of the problem with the Metro UI but deserves it's own point)

4. No start menu (harp on this all you wan't Microsoft is doing everything it can to make you adopt its shitty start screen which is a travesty)

5. Ugly (but personal issue, some people like it)

Reasons why it might be a good OS

1. New fresh kernel results in better performance, and a much more efficient registry which doesn't age like previous OS. But that also means there's going to be many issues of compatibility (or more so the way in which software utilises this new streamline process) but it'll end up with Microsoft passing on duties to developers.

If the had done away with all the UI bullshit and just rebuilt the kernel and implement their new cataloguing system it would've been perfect and very much worth the extra dollar, but as it stand I prefer W7 just for the ease of use. I mean everything works flawlessly right now, why would I adopt an OS that will only cause further issues. I thought Microsoft learnt their lesson with ME and Vista.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    It looks ok, but not good enough that I would be willing to download it. I don't use my Xbox, thus half of the entire OS is essentially useless to me. It just seems to have to many annoyance factors in it at the moment.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    First of a patch for the start menu already exists ,just someone has to ask google ... Second compatibility with just about everything is better on Win 8, programs witch could only work on Xp now work on Win 8 with no problems. A hardcore game is a game with enormous need of performance from a machine (i.e. Crysis 2 ,BF3 etc. ). To Delko , yes games would work easier , but with a GTX560 you probably play everything on MAX right now. I don`t really understand what do people actually hate in the Metro , I mean , it`s only in the start screen and almost 90% of the time I am on the desktop .

Thanks
    Windows 8 store not working

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Nope . the store works perfectly man

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post

SEE HOW BAD IT IS*

Enjoyed Aero? Don't worry they took that away from you so you can enjoy your Windows 95 looking interface.

I basically wanted it for multiple monitor support and steroid task manager. Not sure if there is anything else worth it?
    Aero is still there. You can still peek to your desktop by moving your mouse to the bottom right corner. And you still get a feel of it moving windows to the edges of the screen.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast