Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

MPGH News (10/26/12)

14th Edition
    10/26/12

MPGH Halloween Extravaganza!

Halloween is spooking up MPGH this week. With Halloween right around the corner - contests in sections are uprising, Minion positions are opening for a few sections, and even a new header with a spooky addition (click the Pumpkin!). Currently, there are only a few contests out, but more contests are supposed to come - along with that, 2 minion positions are open for War Rock and Battlefield. If you'd like to read the most updated news on MPGH's Halloween Extravaganza go here.

User News

Halloween is approaching, come on and join MPGH's Halloween Extravaganza! Join and compete in various contests around the site to win prizes! You can find the main page here.

We've also got a few minion applications. If you have a strong interest in the game, are active and have contributed towards the section, and if you fit the criteria, then apply today!

War Rock Minion Application Thread
    Battlefield Minion Applcation Thread

Postbans

Congratulations to Lemongrab on 1337 posts!
    Congratulations to GuyLoco on 1337 posts!
    Congratulations to Blitz on 4000 posts!
    Congratulations to Time's Pee Cleaner #2 on 12,000 posts!
    Congratulations to Cataclypse on 4000 posts!
    Congratulations to Apeiron(Mrs.REZ) on 10,000 posts!
    Congratulations to Azathoth on 12,000 posts!
    Congratulations to Denelf on 1,000 posts! Although 1,000 isn't a postban, he still got banned for it anyways!
    Congratulations to Time on 19,000 posts!
    Congratulations to Temperrr on 5,000 posts!
    Congratulations to lockdown6435 on 1337 posts!

Birthdays

Happy Birthday to Haze!
    Happy Birthday to Leggers!

Promotions/Demotions

Alen is no longer minion. Good luck in your future endeavors.

In other news...

Paroxysm is no longer a cocksucker. Congratulations on getting your cock back.

Interview - CaT-

[MPGH]Time: Hey there Mara! How are you this fine day?
    CaT-: I'm alright how are you?

[MPGH]Time: Doing good thanks. Tell us CaT-, For how long have you been a part of MPGH.
    CaT-: I've been a part of MPGH for almost 4 years, I joined in April of 09.

[MPGH]Time: Ah cool , How did you stumble upon MPGH?
    CaT-: I was a part of a previous game hacking forum that specialized in Warcraft III, the site was called CE. I was a Global Mod on that site, on an average day we had about 3000 members online. Christian aka Crytical on CE, or Toymaker on MPGH, said we should migrate to MPGH. When we arrived there, Christian was already a mod.

[MPGH]Time: I see , What was your first impression when you joined MPGH?
    CaT-: I thought it was alright, I came here and there, I never really joined any hacking site for the hacks, as I have never used any, I just joined them for the community.

[MPGH]Time: Nice , Do you remember what your first thread/post was about?
    CaT-: It was your typical new member thread. Here it is : https://www.mpgh.net/forum/48-spammer...62046-cat.html 3 months after that thread was made, Dave did some shit to the site, that bumped some threads and join dates 2months ahead.

[MPGH]Time: Amusing comments , Tell us what staff positions you held on MPGH .
    CaT-: I've been almost everything, I've been CS, Minion, MM, and Editor.

[MPGH]Time: Sweet , Did you do any sort of contributions prior to getting minion/mm/editor? If so, what kind of contributions?
    CaT-: I was really helpful I suppose in threads that people made asking for help, just helping people out you know?

[MPGH]Time: I see , How did you get into CS ?
    CaT-: Way back in the day, CS is totally different than what it is today. Today is means what it stands for. Before it was used as a place holder for future staff candidates.

[MPGH]Time: Oh the true identity of CS! , On the time you stayed on MPGH , did you find anyone who might serve you as an inspiration or role model?
    CaT-: Not really, everybody was an individual in their own way.

[MPGH]Time: True that , What's the weirdest thing that has happened to you on MPGH?
    CaT-: Not that I know of, I know there's been plenty of people that annoyed me. Too many to count.

[MPGH]Time: Did you find MM'ing hard at times?
    CaT-: Not really, it was pretty simple and straight forward, the scammers give themselves away too easily.

[MPGH]Time: I see , As i remember you used to do certain investigations on MPGH, one of them was about dave and arun being the same person , Explain to me more about that and the other investigations that you used to do as to what purpose they were for
    CaT-: Well it all started one day when I was bored and had nothing better to do, so that was a way to kill the boredom, anyways the primary purpose of the investigations was to find some hidden info, and if the person was someone I did not like, it was to out them, this would mean, finding their real name, address, school and what have you.

[MPGH]Time: Interesting , Do you have any hobbies outside of MPGH?
    CaT-: Yeah, during the winter, I like to go Snowboarding, during the summer months, I usually rollerblade. I recently turned 21, so going to the bars and finding girls has become a recent one.

[MPGH]Time: Cool , Do you have any favorite music artists or bands that you listen to?
    CaT-: I listen to almost every thing that can be catergorized into the rock genre, one of my favorite bands is Underoath, who recently split.

[MPGH]Time: Nice nice , Do you have any favorite games?
    CaT-: I like to play WoW and LoL/Dota2

[MPGH]Time: They so addicting huehue , Do you have any favorite quotes to share with us?
    CaT-: Fuck bitches, get money.

[MPGH]Time: huehue , Before we wrap this up would you like to give a shout out to anyone?
    CaT-: I'd like to give a shout out to Mina, she has a nice cat. bean.jpg

[MPGH]Time: ^^, Thanks for your time mate .
    CaT-: You're very welcome.

Interview - [MPGH]Toxin

[MPGH]Time: Hey there Toxin! How are you this fine day?
    [MPGH]Toxin: You're fat and ugly. Pretty good, really full, I've been eating all day :F,How about you?

[MPGH]Time: I know , Im great as always ty . Tell us , For how long have you been a part of MPGH ?
    [MPGH]Toxin: Umm, I joined early Feb 2009 I believe. So like 3 years and a bit I think .

[MPGH]Time: I see, Do you remember how you had stumbled upon it? mmz
    [MPGH]Toxin: I do indeed. Me and my friends were looking for a new FPS game to start playing and he introduced me to crossfire. I was decent at the game but all the hackers pissed me off. And I was like, hey if they can do it, why can't I? So I started looking around the web for hacks for crossfire and I stumbled upon a couple sites. MPGH being one of them.

[MPGH]Time: Nice ;] , What was your first impression when you joined MPGH?
    [MPGH]Toxin: That it was chaos and there wasn't much organization to it. It was hard to find what I was looking for, but I found a hack that worked for me and used it, and I didn't post at all just lurked for the CF hacks.

[MPGH]Time: huehue , Do you remember what your first thread/post was about?
    [MPGH]Toxin: I believe my first threads were a couple threads in the flame and rage section where I was raging about some nonsense. And then I posted a tutorial in the CF section for Aberb Gun Hack.

[MPGH]Time: Cool , Tell us what are positions you held on MPGH
    [MPGH]Toxin: Minion, Moderator, Then Minion again, Then mod again, ;] Then gmod Was also CS for a couple times because Dave rages like a baby.

[MPGH]Time: Baws, Did you any contributions before getting those staff positions?
    [MPGH]Toxin: I camped the Crossfire section like a boss. Posted tutorials when I could. And answered peoples questions and finally got minion for the section, I was actually one of the first ever minions before Arun decided there were too many and removed some. ;]

[MPGH]Time: I see, On the time you stayed on MPGH , did you find anyone who might serve you as an inspiration or role model?
    [MPGH]Toxin: Nextgen was pretty cool. But not many people on MPGH are much of an inspiration.

[MPGH]Time: xD , What's the weirdest thing that has happened to you on MPGH?
    [MPGH]Toxin: Probably when I came back from work and was instantly invited in a MSN group of a large number of the staff to reveal to me that Czar was gay.

[MPGH]Time: Huehue , Tell us how you got into CS, lost a bet or something?
    [MPGH]Toxin: I didn't manage to lost any bets as far as I remember. I think I might of got it to losing some 1v1 in HoN though. Other than they I was only put in CS when I pissed off Dave enough

[MPGH]Time: Ah kk , Do you believe you were perfect in your work as a staff on MPGH?
    [MPGH]Toxin: No ones perfect and everyone makes mistake, but I did my best to make sure I did my part, until I started slacking off in which I resigned to give the position to a more suitable person.

[MPGH]Time: Mmk , Who has helped you out the most on MPGH?
    [MPGH]Toxin: I didn't really get a tutorial on how to be a minion when I got my postion because I had already been minion for a short time before, I guess they kind of expected me to just know how to do it.

[MPGH]Time: I see, Is there anyone on MPGH that you hate with passion?
    [MPGH]Toxin: You. You use to be the most annoying brat. .awz But I don't hate you. I might hate Sam though, he's good to pick fun at for entertainment.

[MPGH]Time: Huehue I'm just so sexy :F , Do you have any hobbies outside of MPGH?
    [MPGH]Toxin: All the drugs :F, naws not relaly. Games and friends, the occasional skate session

[MPGH]Time: Ah cool , Do you have any favorite music artists or bands that you listen to?
    [MPGH]Toxin: Skrillex is the king of everything. :F lies. Macklemore is .

[MPGH]Time: huehueheu , Do you have any favorite games?
    [MPGH]Toxin: Not at the moment I'm kind of inbetween games, can't seem to find one that holds my interest.

[MPGH]Time: mmk , Do you have any favorite quotes to share with us?
    [MPGH]Toxin: Live for today because you can't take it with you.

[MPGH]Time: True that , Before we wrap this up would you like to give a shout out to anyone?
    [MPGH]Toxin: Dave and Arun I still hate you both. Leon, Robert, Gabby, Huntar, InHuman, Albert, Shane I love you guys. Liz I miss you. ;] Boombox is still fat. Kelvin is too asian. /bow

[MPGH]Time: Huehue , Thank you for your time mate!

Hurricane Sandy

As many of you have probably heard, a recent hurricane, Hurricane Sandy has been hitting many places in the Northeast. Specifically, it has hit Cuba, Jamaica, and Haiti. 21 already dead, and an unknown amount wounded, it's now heading toward New England. It's said that Sandy has been going about 420 miles per hour, while it's heading north at about 7 miles per hour. It's predicted that Hurricane Sandy will be a long lasting event of another two to three days. If you'd like to read more on Hurricane Sandy, and the events relevant to it: go here.

China BLOCKS New York Times?

Earlier this week, China, blocked New York Times after they had supposedly published an article reporting that, "members of Premier Wen Jiabao had amassed a fortune worth billions of dollars." says CNN. China angered, blocked access to the New York Times, and any search terms involving "New York Times" and "Wen Jiabao". "We hope that full access is restored shortly, and we will ask the Chinese authorities to ensure that our readers in China can continue to enjoy New York Times journalism," said Eileen Murphy, according to The Times. "We will continue to report and translate stories applying the same journalistic standards that are upheld across The New York Times."

If you'd like to read more on this topic, go here.

New Sleeping Dogs DLC

Square Enix plans to celebrate Halloween by launching a new DLC for Sleeping Dogs. Named Nightmare in North Point, it should include some hours of gameplay in which the player will struggle with hordes of zombies! Indeed, Wei Shen will have to fight with a member of the Triads tortured and executed before coming back to life with an army of zombies. This DLC should also include new weapons and vampires! This should be available on October, 30th for a (still) unknown price.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - What to expect

The next Call of Duty game is right around the corner so here I give you a detailed walkthrough of all the recent news about Black Ops 2. This is based off of videos and official announcements but note that some of this can be changed when the game gets released - November 13.

Let’s start with the customization aspect of the game. There has been a whole remake of the ‘create-a-class’ system, in the picture below you see a sketch of the possibilities. As you can see there are all kinds of different boxes; you have your guns, attachments, perks, grenades and wildcards. In each class you have 10 points (10 boxes you can pick) available, so if you want to go with six perks you can, however to use the second column of perks you have to use one wildcard for each perk and that means you have to spend nine points for it which leaves you with a primary or secondary weapon or just your knife.
    [img]https://files.gamebanan*****m/bitpit/codbo2_createaclass_large.jpg[/img]
    In addition to a re-imagined create-a-class system Black Ops 2 will have a new reward system as well; the original ‘killstreaks’ will be replaced with an all new ‘scorestreak system’. Each scorestreak reward has a score requirement, a number that needs to be achieved in order for the reward to be earned. Your score goes up based on your in-game actions, such as kills, captures or plants. If you die at any time, your score is reset and you have to rebuild your score meter again. The system ensures that those who play the objective are justly rewarded for their efforts.
    [img]https://files.gamebanan*****m/bitpit/codbo2_scorestreaks_scores_large.jpg[/img]

Perks

Tier 1 perks:
    • Flag Jacket - Take less explosive damage
    • Ghost - Undetectable by enemy UAVs while moving
    • Blind Eye - Undetectable by enemy AI-controlled scorestreaks
    • Lightweight - Move faster, take no fall damage
    • Hardline - Receive bonus score points

Tier 2 perks:
    • Scavenger - Replenish ammunition and grenades from fallen enemies
    • Hard-wired - Immune to Counter-UAVs and EMPs
    • Toughness - Reduces the amount of flinching when shot
    • Cold Blooded - Undetectable by targeting systems such as Dual Band, Target Finder, Sensor Grenades and Player-controlled Scorestreaks
    • Fast hands - Swap grenades faster, use grenades and equipment faster and safely throw back frag grenades

Tier 3 perks:
    • Engineer - Show enemy equipment in the world, delay explosives, re-roll and booby trap enemy care packages
    • Extreme Conditioning - sprint longer
    • Dead Silence - Quieter movement
    • Awareness - Enemy movements are louder
    • Dexterity - Climb ladders and mantle over object faster. Recover from melee faster, and aim faster after sprinting
    • Tactical Mask - Reduces the effect of stun grenades, slash and shock charges

Wildcards

• Primary Gunfighter - Allows a 3rd attachment for your primary weapon
    • Secondary Gunfighter - Allows a 2nd attachment for your secondary weapon
    • Overkill - Carry a primary weapon in place of your secondary
    • Danger Close - Carry a second lethal
    • Tactician - Carry a tactical in place of your lethal
    • Perk 1-3 Greed - Carry 1 extra perk from tier 1-2-3 (3x)

[img]https://files.gamebanan*****m/bitpit/codbo2_pic1_large.jpg[/img][img]https://files.gamebanan*****m/bitpit/codbo2_pic2_large.jpg[/img][img]https://files.gamebanan*****m/bitpit/codbo2_pic3_large.jpg[/img]

Multi-Team Game Modes

Multi-Team is a new class of game modes in Black Ops 2. Instead of two factions going head-to-head, multiple teams of players take to the playing field at the same time, each looking to come out on top. Action is fast-paced and unrelenting, as competing teams battle each other for kills, objective points—and eventually—the win. The game supports up to 18 players, so you can have any combination of players and teams, up to six teams. It really brings group/team dynamics back to the battlefield to deal with multiple enemy teams.
    There is also a new game mode called ‘Hardpoint’ that is inspired by traditional ‘king of the hill-style’ games. You have to capture a zone and defend it and you won’t score points if you’re not in it. What’s great is that the Hardpoint will move and relocate during the match, which means that the action is always shifting and you are descending on one spot.

Zombies

The zombie mode was something that a lot of people loved in the first Black Ops and of course it’s back in the sequel. There are 3 new game zombie game modes - Tranzit, Survival and Grief.

• Tranzit - It’s kinda like the same game mode like in the first Black Ops only the map is a lot bigger with much more places to go.
    • Survival - A more linear gameplay where you move from one part to another, much more limited of parts to explorer. You play with 4 players.
    • Grief - There are 2 groups both with 4 players and basically the last man standing wins. You can however “Grief" your opponent so they get killed by the zombies.
    • There will also be more customization in the zombie mode where you can for example disable the mystery box, change the starting round, headshots only, … And all this together with more stats and leaderboards.

[img]https://files.gamebanan*****m/bitpit/codbo2_pic4_large.jpg[/img][img]https://files.gamebanan*****m/bitpit/codbo2_pic5_large.jpg[/img][img]https://files.gamebanan*****m/bitpit/codbo2_pic6_large.jpg[/img]

CODcast & Live-streaming

The CODcast feature is a special spectator mode that allows you to take on the role of a game commentator. You have the ability to see all of the action in the game by switching between many different views, including a picture-in-picture mode that allows you to toggle between the game camera and map top-down view.
    There is also a new live-streaming feature that will be available in League Play, it allows you to broadcast your gameplay online.

Anti-cheat Q&A

System Requirements

• Processor: Intel Core2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHz or AMD Phenom X3 8750 2.4 GHz
    • RAM: 2Gb for OS 32 bits or 4Gb for OS 64 bits
    • Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 8800GT 512 Mb or ATI Radeon HD 3870 512 Mb

Pre-order

Pre-purchase Call of Duty®: Black Ops II on Steam

Call of Duty Black Ops 2 will be available on November 13 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC. If you pre-order the game you will get the Nuketown 2025 bonus map plus access to the Double XP Launch Weekend. There are 2 different editions for the PC:
    The Standard Edition - $59.99
    The Digital Deluxe Edition - $79.99
    • Nuketown 2025 Bonus Map – Relive the close quarters chaos of this classic fan-favorite map re-imagined in a 1960s visionary depiction of the “model home of the future."
    • Nuketown Zombies Bonus Map – Battle hordes of Zombies in this beloved 1960s nuclear neighborhood.
    • Weapon Camo – Rank-up in style with an exclusive multiplayer weapon skin.
    • 2 Player Card Backgrounds – Liven up any killcam with two exclusive player card backgrounds, inspired by Nuketown 2025 and Zombies.
    • Official Call of Duty®: Black Ops II Soundtrack – A digital copy of composer Jack Wall’s epic in-game score with Theme by Trent Reznor.
    • Call of Duty®: World at War – Get the Treyarch classic which traverses WWII storylines from the Pacific and European theaters of war.

Steam Greenlight Update - Post Software and Concepts

Since software is available on Steam it was time to give Steam Greenlight an update that gives the developers the ability to post non-gaming software. Just like games people can vote for the software they like and based on that data the community can show what software they like to see on Steam.
    Also a new feature is the ability to post their work in process for both games and software, for free. People can also vote and give feedback but this does not lead toward getting the game distributed on Steam.
    Other changes:
    • The updated front page of Steam Greenlight now highlights recent submissions and Friends' favorites as well as recent news
    • Developers can now add additional contributors to their items in Greenlight for the purpose of moderating and responding to community feedback
    • A new widget-creator has been added under the "About" section to help promote your Steam Greenlight entry
    • The FAQ has been updated to add some new questions and include information about Steam business in general
    • Steam Greenlight logos are now available for download, also listed under the "About" section

SimCity Disaster Trailer

About 3 days ago, EAvision released a new trailer for SimCity, calmly explaining what happens during each natural disaster. They make it seem like these are events that nobody should worry about.

DICE color grading disable command a no-go

Remember all the buzz about the color tweak mod for Battlefield 3? An EA DICE staff member on the MordorHQ forums said there will come a command in the next update that lets you disabling the color grading entirely in the game, just like the mod did.

That same staff member make an other post on the forums where he explains that the console command will not happen.
    "After discussing this further with my colleagues, we have decided to not implement this feature. This is the studio’s take on this matter, and I support this decision.

Bioshock Infinite: Pre-order bonus

By pre-ordering Bioshock Infinite in some companies (listed on the official Bioshock Infinite website), you will obtain an interesting bonus. It will give you access to a mini-game called Industrial Revolution which contains 60 puzzles with an increasing difficulty and in which you incarnate a worker of Columbia in order to learn more about the different clans and to unlock some achievements for the main game.
    [img]https://files.gamebanan*****m/bitpit/2k_games_bioshock_infinite_industri.jpg[/img]
    [img]https://files.gamebanan*****m/bitpit/2k_games_bioshock_infinite_industri_2.jpg[/img]

Two collector editions for Bioshock Infinite

Bioshock Infinite will be released on February 26th, 2013; you are probably waiting for this date for about three years and you think a normal edition can't satisfy the desire that has grown month after month before BSI's release date, don't you? If it's the case, don't worry. 2K Games thought about it and they are already proposing fans to pre-order two collector editions:
    Premium Edition (79,99€ for consoles/69,99€ for PC)
    -Bioshock Infinite
    -A keychain representing a raven
    -A lithography
    -An artbook (64 pages)
    -The game's soundtrack
    -A small figurine
    -3 in-game bonuses
    -Some background themes
    Songbird Edition (139,99€ for consoles/129,99€ for PC)
    -Everything from the Premium Edition
    -A statuette of the Griffon, the monstrous creature from the game
    [img]https://files.gamebanan*****m/bitpit/bioshock_infinite.jpg[/img]

BF3 new DLC: Aftermath

This is the fourth multiplayer expansion for BF3. Aftermatch throws players into all-new harrowing environments: shattered districts, streets and cities of post-earthquake Iran. Players will face the survival amongst devastation with their new heavily modified vehicles and their new weapon, the crossbow, at their disposal.
    BF3: Aftermatch will be available for $14.99.
    Release date for pc:
    -Premium players: Dec. 4
    -Regular players: Dec. 18

Medal of Honor: Warfighter - Day 1 Patch

The first patch for Medal of Honor: Warfighter have arrived and fix some important problems and add some new features like - Add friends and join parties while in-game and invite others to your platoon or apply to join a platoon while in-game.
    This patch is for consoles as well as PC and includes a multitude of fixes for both the Single-Player and Multiplayer experience, and EA heartily encourages all Medal of Honor Warfighter players to download and install the patch as soon as they are able.
    Read the full patch notes on their website.

The Elder Scrolls Online - Context, PvE, and PvP

Zenimax Online has presented The Elders Scrolls Online, their awaited upcoming MMORPG. They mainly want to satisfy all the fans by making The Elder Scrolls as a true RPG and a true MMO with an highlighted social aspect.
    Even if it was announced on May, 2012, TESO is being developed by Zenimax Online Studios since 2007. It will run with Oblivion's grpahics engine.
    [img]https://files.gamebanan*****m/bitpit/the-elder-scrolls-online-1-small.jpg[/img]
    The Context
    The Elder Scrolls Online storyline will take place one millennium before Skyrim's one, while the prince Molag Bal is reigning chaotically on Tamriel. The context is a bit different from the other Elder Scrolls, but the background won't disorient the true fans of the series.
    We will find the usual nine races divided into three factions: The Daggerfall Covenant, which regroups the Orcs, the Bretons and the Redguards; the members of the Ebonheart Pact which regroups the Nords, the Argonians and the Dunmers; and the Aldmeri Dominion faction which regroups the Khajiits, the Bosmers and the Altmers. These three factions compete for the control of Tamriel.
    [img]https://files.gamebanan*****m/bitpit/the-elder-scrolls-online-2-small.jpg[/img]
    The PvE
    TESO will propose a 100 % solo story mode in order to make the player become the main character. It will contain several episodes and lots of quests. This main story will include some choices that will have an impact on the sequel of the adventure.
    The PvE content will also include many opportunities to regroup and to cooperate like the public dungeons. Some private dungeons will also be proposed for about twelve players per dungeon.
    [img]https://files.gamebanan*****m/bitpit/the-elder-scrolls-online-pc-3-small.jpg[/img]
    The PvP
    The PvP will allow a struggle for the control of a dedicated area which is located in the center of the map. This area will be accessible from the level 10 and it will be divided into three territories. The ultimate goal for a faction is to take control of the capital of this area and to choose someone of the winning faction as emperor.
    [img]https://files.gamebanan*****m/bitpit/the-elder-scrolls-online-4-small.jpg[/img]
    Even if some features will be missing (as the housing), The Elder Scrolls Online appears like an interesting and promising MMORPG. It should be released next year, in 2013.

Minecraft's new update - Halloween!

Minecraft for the PC received the huge "Pretty Scary" update Thursday morning to formally bring the game up to version 1.4.2. The 1.4.2 Pretty Scary Update should download automatically to Minecraft the next time you start the game's launcher. The changelog for the Minecraft Pretty Scary update is rather drawn-out so I am just going to cover the most important changes.
    Mobs

-Wither Boss added Three-headed flying player-created boss mob shooting projectiles at mobs that are not undead and players.
    -Wither Skeletons Spawn in Nether Fortresses and give players Wither effect when hitting them.
    -Witch Looks like an offshoot villager, throws splash potions of poison, slowness, weakness and instant damage at players.
    -Bats - Spawn in dark caves and hangs on the ceiling when idle. Starts flying when players come near.
    -Tamed wolves Their collars can now be dyed by right-clicking the wolf with dye.
    -Iron Golems Now attack creepers, Slimes and Magma Cubes
    -Zombies, Zombie Pigmen, Skeletons & Wither Skeletons Improved AI and now carry equipment.
    Blocks & Items

-Command block Intended for adventure maps, runs editable commands when triggered by redstone.
    -Beacon Intended as an endgame block, continuously glows and gives a selected status effect to players within 16 blocks while beaming a beacon of light directly upwards when activated by building a pyramid of iron/gold/emerald/diamond blocks underneath and selecting effects.
    -Anvil Used for repairing and combining enchanted items as well as for renaming any item/block for experience levels.
    -Flower Pots Lets players plant all kinds of saplings, mushrooms, flowers and cacti, dead shrubs and ferns.
    -Cobblestone Walls Available in cobblestone and moss stone variants.
    -Item Frames All items and blocks can be framed.
    -Mob Heads Are very rarely dropped when mobs are killed by players. Can be worn by players are placed on the ground or walls as decoration.
    -Carrot On A Stick Used to control pigs.
    -Pumpkin Pie Restores 4 hunger points.
    -Nether Star Drops from Withers and is used to craft beacon.
    -Night Vision Potion Brewed by adding a Golden Carrot to an Awkward Potion.
    -Leather Armor Can now be dyed in 16777215 different colors.
    Gameplay
    -Improvements on: Multiplayer, Creative / General inventories, Portals, Adventure mode, and Breeding
    -Updated sound engine
    And many more! For those of you who don't play Minecraft much anymore, it wouldn't hurt to try the new content. And this is coming from a guy who despises Minecraft.

TF2 Halloween Special Starts Today

Zombies are coming to TF2 to eat your brains and limbs in the fourth annual spectral Halloween special that starts today and ends November 8.
    The updates brings us a new King of the Hill map that is haunted by the ghost "Merasmus" and also a new MvM mission - Wave 666, where your robot attackers have been replaced by a single apocalyptic wave of zombies!
    There is also a "Wheel of Fate" that gets triggered by the booby-trapped control point, it spins every time it changes hands. What it does it for you to find out but "many potentially horrible fates await you!"
    [img]https://files.gamebanan*****m/bitpit/tf2_halloween_achi.png[/img]
    Many gifts will drop through those two weeks of zombie madness but now it also drops magic spells that you can cast on other items in your backpack to give them new effects– shifting paint colors, ghost summoning, flaming footsteps, ...
    Find out more about the TF2 Halloween special on their website.

India begins building its first thorium reactor.

India suffers a huge energy deficit. And while nuclear reactors are a huge and efficient source of energy, the uranium that fuels them is a forbidden fruit in India, an overpopulated country with little production of uranium. This alternative is a stepping stone for a nationwide network of reactors built in the next 5 years that will solve India’s deficit for the next 250 years, should the test reactor prove successful. Thorium is less radioactive than uranium, and India happens to be sitting on 30% of the world’s known deposit in the form of 10.7 million tons of monazite sands. These reactors are so safe, that they can be built in the heart of every city without the risk of leaving a radioactive crater should things go awry. Thorium reactors will be implemented with India’s infamous three-stage nuclear program, conceived in the 1950s by Dr. Homi Bhabba, and is considered to be the best funded thorium power in the world.

“We are well into the first stage based on natural uranium fuel, both from domestic and imported sources,” reads an update from the Department of Atomic Energy. “This will be followed by second stage comprising of fast reactors. It is proposed to set up a large power generation capacity based on fast reactors before getting into the third stage. Thorium in itself cannot produce electricity and it has to be first converted to Uranium-233 in a nuclear reactor. A comprehensive three-stage nuclear power programme is therefore being implemented sequentially.”

Electric companies are looking, and if this is successful, perhaps we’ll see the world’s first safe and abundant source of nuclear power. Watch the video for more details.

The Pirate Bay moves to the cloud

The 5 minutes of downtime were barely noticeable by the site’s users, but the change was huge. The Pirate Bay always faces the inevitable threat of a raid, and it is not ignorant of that threat. On Wednesday, TPB made the move to make its future more secure, as well as making user information even safer. With the entire operation being held on VMs now, TPB becomes cheaper and easier to maintain, with less hassle for users as downtime is dramatically decreased as well. Even if a cloud provider goes offline for whatever reason, TPB just buys new machines, transfers all the necessary data, and they’re up and running again. According to TPB, “Moving to the cloud lets TPB move from country to country, crossing borders seamlessly without downtime. All the servers don’t even have to be hosted with the same provider, or even on the same continent.” In fact, the only 2 physical servers not rendered obsolete is the disk-less load balancer and the transit router. All 3 components are located in different countries and communication between them is encrypted. This prevents the cloud provider from peaking at user traffic and IPs should they find out that they’re running TPB. Even in the worst case scenario that both transit router and loud balancer are seized, all important data is backed up on external VMS. “If the police decide to raid us again there are no servers to take, just a transit router. If they follow the trail to the next country and find the load balancer, there is just a disk-less server there. In case they find out where the cloud provider is, all they can get are encrypted disk-images. They have to be quick about it to, if the servers have been out of communication with the load balancer for 8 hours they automatically shut down. When the servers are booted up, access is only granted to those who have the encryption password,” The Pirate Bay says.

Interesting Stat: File sharers buy 30% more music than non-file sharers

So the old RIAA label that file sharers have a devastating impact on the economy is struck down as bullshit once more. The American Assembly, a non-partisan public policy forum affiliated with Columbia University, published a teaser of its forthcoming Copy Culture ******. The study was carried out in America and Germany, using thousands of phone interviews, to establish the file-sharing habits of both countries. Predictably, overall, P2P users have larger music collections, about 37% more, than they’re supposedly more laws abiding counterparts. The real kicker is that file sharers buy more music than non-file sharers, by 30% more in the US. “While downloading one song may not feel that serious of a crime, the accumulative impact of millions of songs downloaded illegally – and without any compensation to all the people who helped to create that song and bring it to fans – is devastating.” Bullshit.

MPGH News Team

• Writers

Super User since 02.02.2020
    Global Moderator since 09.23.2017
    Moderator since 09.01.2016
    Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Marketplace Minion since 06.09.2016
    Trove Minion since 06.06.2016
    Middleman since 04.21.2016
    Social Engineering Minion since 02.03.2016
    News FO Freelancer From 11.08.2015 to 07.23.2016
    News FO Head Editor From 08.23.2015 to 11.08.2015
    News FO Head Editor From 07.19.2012 to 08.11.2014
    MPGH News and News FO Founder
    Programming Minion From Unknown to 04.23.2013
    Minecraft Minion From 09.19.2012 to 04.23.2013
    Member since 05.13.2012

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Psychotic For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Austin (10-26-2012),Dreamer.JR (10-26-2012),Fox (10-28-2012),[MPGH]Hero (10-26-2012),Janitor (10-26-2012),SMILLY (10-27-2012),[MPGH]Time (10-26-2012),Vehrdyn (10-26-2012),Versa (10-27-2012),crex (11-02-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Black Ops II Actually doesn't look bad the second time around.

Thanks
    Great job
    black ops and bioshock both are on my wishlist now

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Another great release. In my opinion this one is the best.
    Resource Team: Feb/5/2012 - May/5/2012
    Middleman: April/25/2012 - September/16/12

Thanks
    ^^
    Best one till now.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Yay, I'm in postban section

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Black Ops is mixing everything in now

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Longest one by far O.o Great Job though!

My favorite was the interviews /

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Awesome Release, I Enjoyed reading it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Good job , but you forgot @Whiskey. post ban @Psychotic

MPGH member since 11 February 2012
    Ex - Contributor
    Ex - CF minion

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
    Good job , but you forgot @Whiskey. post ban @Psychotic
    Fuck that nigga
    Hip Hop thread Part 1 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/316-music-...-hop-list.html
    Part 2 (No Longer Updated): https://www.mpgh.net/forum/2-general/...ad-pt-2-a.html
    Part 3: COMING SOON

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Jesus that was LONG

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave84311 For This Useful Post:

SMILLY (10-27-2012)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    Jesus that was LONG
    Colon likes to do like 12 articles every week.

Nah, we had some articles last week, and then he whipped up some this week.

Super User since 02.02.2020
    Global Moderator since 09.23.2017
    Moderator since 09.01.2016
    Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Marketplace Minion since 06.09.2016
    Trove Minion since 06.06.2016
    Middleman since 04.21.2016
    Social Engineering Minion since 02.03.2016
    News FO Freelancer From 11.08.2015 to 07.23.2016
    News FO Head Editor From 08.23.2015 to 11.08.2015
    News FO Head Editor From 07.19.2012 to 08.11.2014
    MPGH News and News FO Founder
    Programming Minion From Unknown to 04.23.2013
    Minecraft Minion From 09.19.2012 to 04.23.2013
    Member since 05.13.2012

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post

Colon likes to do like 12 articles every week.

Nah, we had some articles last week, and then he whipped up some this week.
    4 last week, 8 dis week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    I hate you colin. I really hate you.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Another good article. Glad I don't do this now, I REALLY don't have time to do this now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast