Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Zithium View Post
    Still deciding on this, iPad is definitely not an option...

So i'm looking at the Fire HD or the Nexus...

Any final opinions? I've decided i'm not bothered about 3G because at my work we have a BT hotspot. So just wifi will suffice.
    It depends really. Nexus 7 is probably better overall BUT, if you are an Amazon Prime member, you get a lot of free movies and videos on the Fire HD I believe, and you can rent a book once a month. Also, the Fire HD has better speakers, and a bit of a nicer looking screen. Nexus is better for web browsing though. And nexus 7 has the complete Android experience, if you care nothing for that layout I would get the Fire. Hope this helped.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxedout For This Useful Post:

Zithium (11-19-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by iSnakes View Post
    It depends really. Nexus 7 is probably better overall BUT, if you are an Amazon Prime member, you get a lot of free movies and videos on the Fire HD I believe, and you can rent a book once a month. Also, the Fire HD has better speakers, and a bit of a nicer looking screen. Nexus is better for web browsing though. And nexus 7 has the complete Android experience, if you care nothing for that layout I would get the Fire. Hope this helped.
    Yeah that's one of the things though, we have a demo version of the Kindle Fire HD in our shop, and i've tried messing around with it, but honestly i'm not 100% keen on the layout, it's just cheap but not sure if i'll be 100% happy with it...

I seem to be edging towards the Nexus... Going to read some reviews and do a little more comparing.
    "Depending on the context, I may or may not enjoy getting stoned to death" - zιтнιυм™

Ex WarRock Minion Force

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zithium For This Useful Post:

Maxedout (11-19-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Zithium View Post

Yeah that's one of the things though, we have a demo version of the Kindle Fire HD in our shop, and i've tried messing around with it, but honestly i'm not 100% keen on the layout, it's just cheap but not sure if i'll be 100% happy with it...

I seem to be edging towards the Nexus... Going to read some reviews and do a little more comparing.
    Yeah, that's what I've been doing for the past few days. So far Nexus is winning. Look up Nexus 7 vs Kindle Fire HD, you'll get a nice idea of the difference between the two, I don't really care for what the Fire offers, so I'll go with Nexus. I did look at a comparison of the Nexus to the Ipad mini gaming wise, and I was pretty surprised, iPad mini was a lot faster GPU wise, but Nexus 7 smoked it CPU. I'm not too worried, main thing was loading the game, I think playing it you would be fine. And I really don't want an Apple product.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxedout For This Useful Post:

Zithium (11-19-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Awesome, thanks for the info man! Getting pretty keen for the Nexus.

I think with the Kindle it just seems a bit too gimmicky. It seems that they have taken their books, and just copied the basic tablet functions from elsewhere. Just so they can add another product to the market. I just don't wanna get something I'll regret in 2 months time, and my gut feeling is that with the Kindle it will be just that.

I mean it looks okay, but I think I trust google more technology wise, although Amazon is pretty reputable aswell. Anyways, a little more research just to confirm, but I think I might have finally made my decision... .
    "Depending on the context, I may or may not enjoy getting stoned to death" - zιтнιυм™

Ex WarRock Minion Force

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Zithium For This Useful Post:

Maxedout (11-19-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Just thought I would post an update.

I went for the Nexus 7 16GB for £160.

Shit hot, much better than the Kindles. Bargain.

Ex WarRock Minion Force

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Zithium For This Useful Post:

Maxedout (12-13-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Don't worry too much about the apps as far as Apple or Android. Google Play doesn't have as much apps as Apple Marketplace which is kind of a let down, but in truth all the major ones that are fun/essential are still available, and if they cost money, you can download + install (pirate if you will) them completely free, easily, and w/o jailbreak.
    Others have suggested a tablet from a different brand, and I agree that you shouldn't limit yourself (when there's still Toshiba, Samsung, Nexus, etc.) but if you do in fact get a really good discount, I'd go with the Kindle Fire HD.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    I'm a bit biased when i say nexus 7, cus I have one myself and honestly. I have had no regrets since I bought it, there's a wifi hotspot in my college so I can use it there.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to cwalkpinoy For This Useful Post:

Zithium (12-14-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    My friend has it but its very tiny tho.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    @arunforce Deep throat maybe?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnFame View Post
    My friend has it but its very tiny tho.
    There's a Nexus 4 phone what is small. The Nexus 7 is 7" and the Nexus 10, 10".

@ The Nexus, I can't actually believe how good it is... For £160/170 you can't go wrong...

I can even stream Football seamlessly using flash on the webbrowser... Everything I ask of it , it does... And I'm not sure if the kindle would be nearly as limitless as the Nexus.

Ex WarRock Minion Force

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Kindle > Nexus 7
    there's nothing left for you here.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123