Thread: Time Travel.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by kublkun View Post
    No i do not think time travel is possible mostly because time doesn't exist it's an illusion which helps us plan and organize with out time we'd be confused and probably be destroyed, so in conclusion i do not think we can because of the one fact, you cannot travel through some thing that does not exist.

Tristan
    Time IS NOT an illusion. We are constantly traveling through the "4th dimension" (time). The time (1:30 PM) is considered man made, however that is not the central debate of the topic. Einstein proposed the "General THEORY of Relativity" which stated that SPACE and TIME are connected, and as far as we know we travel time in a un-orderly fashion, meaning we can re-experience the past. And what could possibly lead someone to believe space and time is connected? Well take this for example. Light DOES not decay, it has no physical changes, only external decay (red shift). So how is that possible? Well as you know, light is the fastest known thing in the UNIVERSE. Why, because it has ZERO mass? The laws of physics state as you approach the speed of light, time slows down. Things traveling slightly slower than the speed of light would experience time like one year in one second, because time is a relative experience. You could literally book a space ship traveling at near light speeds, come back to Earth in a couple days and find out that world has passed 80 years in head. How can this be true?

Neutrinos. They are tiny particles that come in 4 different "flavors". Scientists always knew that they traveled at the speed of light and came in 4 flavors. Well, they launched this satellite (SOHO?) at the sun, looking for the source, and LO-AND-BEHOLD they found only ONE. So how could something that undergoes NO state change because of traveling at the speed of light change? That's right, it wasn't traveling at the speed (but pretty well damn close), that's because it had a mass so close to zero that it might as well be zero, and hence traveling at near light speed.

Well, if you people are so sure you can't travel through time, how can gravity be faster than light? That's right if the sun exploded, gravity would be instantly cut off, then 8 minutes later you find out the sun exploded and then die. Sucks, huh? Once again re-affirming the theory of general relativity (has some stuff about gravity). THE MATH has been done.

Some scientists did a calculation on how much energy it would require to travel at light speed (if the technology was possible), and the amount is so huge that it hasn't even been produced by the entire history of the human race (exa-watt I believe). I'm not sure if it was FTL speed or ripping open a wormhole. However, take this with a grain of salt, because how the hell could this be calculated accurately if even at all.

So how could you travel back in time, well the answer lies in either worm holes or FTL (faster than light) traveling. No one has an idea if it's possible with matter, however the idea of physics has this missing hole for anti matter, which may lead to this speed of travel. I believe that FTL travel is possible, just you have to do some funky physics shit.

If you like this shit (like I do) you should watch NOVA, the best damn TV show on TV (where I learned alot about FTL/Time Traveling). Or Lost, which has some nice physics-following time traveling stuff and paradoxes, lots and losts (har-de-har-har) of paradoxes. I think time traveling is possible. Hey, if one of the smartest men ever in the world said that time traveling is possible, hell who are you to doubt him?
    Last edited by arunforce; 05-10-2009 at 09:00 PM.

BRING BACK BT, BRING BACK SAGA, BRING BACK VF, BRING BACK MPGHCRAFT, BRING BACK HABAMON

2. The Following User Says Thank You to arunforce For This Useful Post:

LegendaryAbbo (05-11-2009)

Thanks
    What's Nova?, Cosmo is the shit.
    Last edited by Zeinland; 05-11-2009 at 02:33 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by kublkun View Post
    No i do not think time travel is possible mostly because time doesn't exist it's an illusion which helps us plan and organize with out time we'd be confused and probably be destroyed, so in conclusion i do not think we can because of the one fact, you cannot travel through some thing that does not exist.

Tristan
    well put but not totally true

Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
    Time IS NOT an illusion. We are constantly traveling through the "4th dimension" (time). The time (1:30 PM) is considered man made, however that is not the central debate of the topic. Einstein proposed the "General THEORY of Relativity" which stated that SPACE and TIME are connected, and as far as we know we travel time in a un-orderly fashion, meaning we can re-experience the past. And what could possibly lead someone to believe space and time is connected? Well take this for example. Light DOES not decay, it has no physical changes, only external decay (red shift). So how is that possible? Well as you know, light is the fastest known thing in the UNIVERSE. Why, because it has ZERO mass? The laws of physics state as you approach the speed of light, time slows down. Things traveling slightly slower than the speed of light would experience time like one year in one second, because time is a relative experience. You could literally book a space ship traveling at near light speeds, come back to Earth in a couple days and find out that world has passed 80 years in head. How can this be true?

Neutrinos. They are tiny particles that come in 4 different "flavors". Scientists always knew that they traveled at the speed of light and came in 4 flavors. Well, they launched this satellite (SOHO?) at the sun, looking for the source, and LO-AND-BEHOLD they found only ONE. So how could something that undergoes NO state change because of traveling at the speed of light change? That's right, it wasn't traveling at the speed (but pretty well damn close), that's because it had a mass so close to zero that it might as well be zero, and hence traveling at near light speed.

Well, if you people are so sure you can't travel through time, how can gravity be faster than light? That's right if the sun exploded, gravity would be instantly cut off, then 8 minutes later you find out the sun exploded and then die. Sucks, huh? Once again re-affirming the theory of general relativity (has some stuff about gravity). THE MATH has been done.

Some scientists did a calculation on how much energy it would require to travel at light speed (if the technology was possible), and the amount is so huge that it hasn't even been produced by the entire history of the human race (exa-watt I believe). I'm not sure if it was FTL speed or ripping open a wormhole. However, take this with a grain of salt, because how the hell could this be calculated accurately if even at all.

So how could you travel back in time, well the answer lies in either worm holes or FTL (faster than light) traveling. No one has an idea if it's possible with matter, however the idea of physics has this missing hole for anti matter, which may lead to this speed of travel. I believe that FTL travel is possible, just you have to do some funky physics shit.

If you like this shit (like I do) you should watch NOVA, the best damn TV show on TV (where I learned alot about FTL/Time Traveling). Or Lost, which has some nice physics-following time traveling stuff and paradoxes, lots and losts (har-de-har-har) of paradoxes. I think time traveling is possible. Hey, if one of the smartest men ever in the world said that time traveling is possible, hell who are you to doubt him?
    thar lies your debate, although I could've only written half of that I agree with arun,

p.s lost ftw
    Last edited by LegendaryAbbo; 05-11-2009 at 03:21 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty

Nice one,Arun...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    I Time Travel all the time. Proof:Okay I was playing my ps3 and it was 4pm next thing I know I looked up and it was 8pm.
    [IMG]https://i30.photobucke*****m/albums/c335/Joshcarr2006/tumblr_lz1nrntuZf1qdxcglo1_500_zps0388a33f.gif[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Heres another thought.

If we are able to travel BACK in time, could we travel to the future??
    Deutschland wird wieder Reign!

Ganja King
    Thank me if i helped

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted

FTL is not likely going to be possible before worm hole travel, at least not for a human. I don't think it would be physically possible for a human to move at such a speed and not be reduced to a molecule-thin coating on the wall. while as far as we know, things that enter a worm hole are not accelerated to such speeds. if worm holes are actually this four dimensional shortcut through time and space, then is there a way to use this? idk really, we need to learn more about them to understand the changes something in a wormhole goes through. i think i heard about scientists opening black holes and worm holes on a sub-atomic level, but there's currently no way to keep anything stable and it must be contained in a vacuum. anyway, you seem to know a lot about the physics behind this. It gets more and more confusing as you go, wheels within wheels within wheels...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by t7ancients View Post
    FTL is not likely going to be possible before worm hole travel, at least not for a human. I don't think it would be physically possible for a human to move at such a speed and not be reduced to a molecule-thin coating on the wall. while as far as we know, things that enter a worm hole are not accelerated to such speeds. if worm holes are actually this four dimensional shortcut through time and space, then is there a way to use this? idk really, we need to learn more about them to understand the changes something in a wormhole goes through. i think i heard about scientists opening black holes and worm holes on a sub-atomic level, but there's currently no way to keep anything stable and it must be contained in a vacuum. anyway, you seem to know a lot about the physics behind this. It gets more and more confusing as you go, wheels within wheels within wheels...
    It's not the speed that kills you, it's the gforce (derivative of acceleration) which can be avoided. However, I don't think FTL speed traveling will be done directly, rather indirectly, like a pocket in space-time, and bending everything around you, while the actual vehicle remains stationary. But then it all sounds like a worm hole again. The problem with traveling through a worm hole that might last a millionth of a second is that you have to travel at near light speeds to make it long last enough, or to even escape it (if it's a tunnel). So either way, they might lead to one another, or even neither may happen.

I'd bet my money on FTL travel though, because worm holes seem to be rather unpredictable.

BRING BACK BT, BRING BACK SAGA, BRING BACK VF, BRING BACK MPGHCRAFT, BRING BACK HABAMON

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    arun stop watchin NOVA its making us look bad........

Time travel IS possible, just watch the Terminator movies.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    It's not the speed that kills you, it's the gforce (derivative of acceleration) which can be avoided. However, I don't think FTL speed traveling will be done directly, rather indirectly, like a pocket in space-time, and bending everything around you, while the actual vehicle remains stationary. But then it all sounds like a worm hole again. The problem with traveling through a worm hole that might last a millionth of a second is that you have to travel at near light speeds to make it long last enough, or to even escape it (if it's a tunnel). So either way, they might lead to one another, or even neither may happen.

I'd bet my money on FTL travel though, because worm holes seem to be rather unpredictable.
    Holy fuck arun is smart o.O
    ::2nd Favorite::

::Favorite and Newest:::

Quote Originally Posted by chiknwang View Post
    lol wtf is scope?
    mouthwash?
    EPIC FAIL.

Quote Originally Posted by isuku1 View Post
    how do i use numpad ??
    ROFLMAO!!!!!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted

You're correct about the whole bending space and time idea, that is exactly how a worm hole is created and why they are contained in a vacuum. light is currently our only source of energy powerful enough at sub-atomic levels to twist the vacuum around it. I don't think ftl will ever be possible because traveling at those speeds is possible, but the intense g's that would induce on a person is insane. I may be wrong, but i don't think we will have the technology to have a pressurized spacecraft that could ever withstand the trillions of g's that would pull. you may be right about needing to move fast through worm holes, but there are studies being performed that will one day lead to us controlling these extra-dimensional rifts. Now i think i mix of near ftl and worm hole travel will happen. due to our position in time, we probably won't ever see it happen, so it's going to be entirely different than any of us can imagine. that is almost certain.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    And until then,
    Nobody will know.

t7,
    are you from the future?
    Deutschland wird wieder Reign!

Ganja King
    Thank me if i helped

Thanks
    if time trave is not possible. If it was the people from the future would come back and try to correct the faults of history in an attempt to make the future better (yes they will. there would definitely be regulations if time travel is possible but there are always people who will break those rules.) so in one of those days in the supposed "future with time travel", one person will prevail in getting past security and travel back to inform people from the past about this technology (us or further back). then we will develop this technology and drastically alter the future starting the "step on a fly and change your world" theory. then reality and time will be stuck in a infinite paradox that my 14 year old mind is too lazy to comprehend 0.o

the point is. if time travel is possible, why haven't we heard about it from the future?

side note: the faster you go the slower you age thing(dont know what its called) count as a form of time travel right?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by elmokills View Post
    if time trave is not possible. If it was the people from the future would come back and try to correct the faults of history in an attempt to make the future better (yes they will. there would definitely be regulations if time travel is possible but there are always people who will break those rules.) so in one of those days in the supposed "future with time travel", one person will prevail in getting past security and travel back to inform people from the past about this technology (us or further back). then we will develop this technology and drastically alter the future starting the "step on a fly and change your world" theory. then reality and time will be stuck in a infinite paradox that my 14 year old mind is too lazy to comprehend 0.o

the point is. if time travel is possible, why haven't we heard about it from the future?

side note: the faster you go the slower you age thing(dont know what its called) count as a form of time travel right?
    Maybe there are laws and guidelines, or maybe they can't come back and alter the past with the chance of wiping out the future, maybe they can only be observers. Maybe they just blend in as influential members of society, and everything just fits along like it never happened.

Who knows?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    IMPOSSIBLE.

THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

HAVING VIRTUAL DETOX

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast