Thanks
    My Mood
    Sick

Lightbulb How to Get Your Points Refunded and Keep the Item!

I've seen this method on several different forums sites so I'm not gonna even bother giving credit. I don't recommend doing this if you're not a smooth talker over the phone. If you're really young (balls haven't dropped yet), don't even bother trying it because Microsoft seems less trusting of kids and chances are, you're not a 'smooth talker' over the phone. I've done this once before and it worked. It was about 8 months ago. I bought the Red Dead Redemption Map Bundle Pack thinking it came with the actual game (which it didn't). I called up MS, used this method, they refunded me the 1600 MSP and I used the points to buy the full game. I got RDD, Undead Nightmare & and the 2 other map packs all for 1600 MSP. People are giving perma ban warnings but I've personally never heard of anyone getting banned for this sort of thing. My stupid friend tried this 10 minutes after I had told him it worked. He wasn't a 'smooth talker' and got caught. Nothing happened to him though. But I'm just gonna throw the PERMA BAN warning out there because it has been a while since I've done it and I'm sure they have cracked down since...Help me out with a Thanks!
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________________

Ever want your microsoft points back after a purchase and still want to keep the item that you paid for? Well, it is.

The things you will need are:
    -A Phone
    -Microsoft points on an account
    -Some Common Sense

***ok lets get started***
    First- You buy someting from the marketplace that you want. For example buy whatever item you desire. After you purchase the item, cancel the download.

Second- Call Microsoft 1-800-4MY-XBOX
    Say Xbox Live (or hit 2) then after that say agent. They may switch you around to a couple of representatives but its worth it if when you get your points back and keep whatever you bought

Once you get the agent on the line say that you bought whatever item you bought and when you tried to buy it, it gave you an error that said "A Purchasing Error Occurred".

Make sure you say that and tell them it took your Microsoft points and it didn't even download the game. They'll tell you to look in your download history or something and see if it's there. Tell them yes and then they will ask you to click on it and see if you can download it again. Tell them it's asking for you to buy it again. They will ask for some info to make sure you're the owner of the account ***GIVE THEM THE RIGHT INFO*** They' make you do some trouble-shooting stuff (clearing cache, restarting your console, etc.). Actually go through the steps but just still keep on telling them that it's still saying you have to buy the item again. Just be smart. After you do all the BS they want you to they will say they are going to credit you the Microsoft points back which means they will be giving you a refund. After they do that, confirm that you got the points back your done! Tell them to have a nice day, and there you go!!
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________________

*Note* When I did this, they did not give me my points right away. My case was escalated. I had to talk to about 3 different people. It took about 4 days for my points to be refunded. Mostly because I was playing phone tag with the MS employees.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Woodhouse For This Useful Post:

YoloSwagProHax4204Life (01-01-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Seems like working for the two hours that you would need to buy points would be much easier than this. Or going to the trade section and trading for MS, which really aren't that useful anymore.
    [IMG]https://i15.photobucke*****m/albums/a359/FISHFROMLC2/ZenSig2.png[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sick
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen View Post
    Seems like working for the two hours that you would need to buy points would be much easier than this. Or going to the trade section and trading for MS, which really aren't that useful anymore.
    Meh...I guess...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Thanks for the help mate

Appreciate it

Thanks
    Appreciate it