Thanks

Getting past an IP ban

Anyone got any tips? Got banned from the server my friends play on for stupid reasons, I hear you can switch it up so you can join the server again?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Google!
    S-A-D B-O-Y-S
    Bitch, I grind, bitch, I grind

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sick
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLobeyJR View Post
    Anyone got any tips? Got banned from the server my friends play on for stupid reasons, I hear you can switch it up so you can join the server again?
    Well, depends on if you have a static or dynamic ip. If you don't know which one you have, open up CMD and type "ipconfig/all". If it says DHCP enabled then you have a dynamic, if not you have a static. If you have a dynamic, just run cmd as an admin and then type "ipconfig/release", wait a second for it to say media disconnected, and then type "ipconfig/renew". Then change your CD key and your in-game name. If you have a dynamic, you'll have to use a VPN. Usually free ones have shitty bandwidth so you'll have about 600 ping on all servers (unplayable)....so expect to pay for one. And then of course change your cd key and in-game name.

Somewhere where you obviously want to know.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ImBruceWayne View Post
    Google!
    I don't think he posted to find out 'Google' was the answer... I think he actually wanted an intelligent answer.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to KidoThe For This Useful Post:

TheLobeyJR (03-10-2013)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chickeninabiskit View Post
    Well, depends on if you have a static or dynamic ip. If you don't know which one you have, open up CMD and type "ipconfig/all". If it says DHCP enabled then you have a dynamic, if not you have a static. If you have a dynamic, just run cmd as an admin and then type "ipconfig/release", wait a second for it to say media disconnected, and then type "ipconfig/renew". Then change your CD key and your in-game name. If you have a dynamic, you'll have to use a VPN. Usually free ones have shitty bandwidth so you'll have about 600 ping on all servers (unplayable)....so expect to pay for one. And then of course change your cd key and in-game name.
    Will this change the IP of my computer or my whole network?

Thanks
    I had the same problem, banned from 20+ servers, so I googled 'how to change your ip'

It took some time, but i finally figured it out. Download smac 2.0 from a torrent site, or another free program like this. (google mac address changer) Watch a few youtube videos on using the software. After you change your mac address, go into your routers settings and clone your mac address. This changes you mac address on your router, so your modem thinks you've hooked up something new. Turn off your modem, router and computer. Then turn on your modem, router and computer in order. If you follow these steps you'll have a new IP. Good luck.
    [IMG]https://i1209.photobucke*****m/albums/cc395/hardcorezooi/logo3.jpg[/IMG]