DarthDuck has a great guide for doing this when you're not using iCloud, but there's no thread I could find about doing this with iCloud on, so I'm making an addendum to DarthDuck's guide for those of us with multiple iDevices (or who just use iCloud for the heck of it). Unfortunately, I only have a Windows machine, so there won't be any guide for Mac, although it will probably be very similar with iFunBox for Mac. If someone wants to write one and send it to me, I'd be happy to add it here.

These first steps are going to be basically pirated from DarthDuck's list, but without so much detail about the backing up process.

Accessing the Save Files

1. Download iFunBox. Decompress the folder and store it somewhere you will remember it. (It doesn't install itself into your programs list, it requires you to find the .exe every time you want to run it.)

2. Connect any of your devices to your computer via a USB cable. Cancel any iTunes sync that starts, you don't want it messing with your files while you are.

3. Run iFunBox.exe. Click on your device, then double-click on "User Applications", "InfinityBlade2", "Documents", then "SAVE".

4. You should see some files in your SAVE folder that all start with "Backup". These are copies of your game that the IB2 app stores and edits locally and then uploads to iCloud to prevent some of the nastier bugs seen in the initial release of IB2. The key goes like this, with the (#) being the number of the character slot that the file corresponds:

The BackupSlotX_(#).bin is information about your character slot in general. I believe it also stores ClashMob data (not positive on this one).
The BackupX_(#)-0.bin is the save file for your regular save (OG - not NG+).
The BackupX_(#)-1.bin is the save file for your NewGame+ Save. People with only an OG Character will not have this file

Both or all three of these files (depending on your OG/NG status) are required if you want to back up your game.

5. If you wish to back these up, you can drag and drop into another folder or right-click on the files after selecting them and select "Copy to PC". You can copy the whole SAVE folder or individual files, either way works, just make sure you include both or all three of the files with the same number in the (#) space above, or your save files will not work.

Restoring Save Files

1. Make sure your device is connected to the internet. Go into the Settings app and click on iCloud. Select "Storage & Backup", then click on "Manage Storage".

2. Under "Documents & Data", select "Infinity Blade 2 Save Files". Delete all of the files corresponding to the character slot you're trying to replace.
Example: SwordSaveX_0-0.bin and SwordSaveSlotX_0.bin (and SwordSaveX_0-1.bin if you have it) all correspond to your first character slot. If you're trying to replace this slot, delete all of the above files.

3. Disconnect your device from whatever internet source it is using (WiFi, cellular, or personal hotspot over Bluetooth). Turn those options off so it cannot accidentally reconnect.

(3.5. Your device might now be absent from the list in iFunBox. Just unplug it from the computer and plug it back in, and it should come back up. Be sure to again cancel any iTunes sync that might start.)

4. Navigate back to the IB2 "SAVE" folder. Delete the backups that correspond to the save slot you're trying to alter.
Example: BackupX_0-0.bin and BackupSlotX_0.bin (and BackupX_0-1.bin) all correspond to your first character slot. If you're trying to replace this slot, delete all of the above files.

5. Whatever the files that you're trying to put into the now-empty slot are named, be sure to rename them as follows before copying them into iFunBox, again with the (#) representing the slot number:

The file that had the word "Slot" in it, rename to "BackupSlotX_(#).bin".
The file for your OG save, rename to "BackupX_(#)-0.bin".
The file for your NG+ save, rename to "BackupX_(#)-1.bin".

6. Copy these files into the SAVE folder in iFunBox.

7. If you have not already done so, force quit IB2 from the multitasking bar on your device. Now re-open it. Depending on if that slot was the active one when your closed the app, you should be able to start playing with the new slot immediately, or be able to find it from the character slot menu.

8. Turn your internet connection back on. Your new files will now be uploaded to iCloud and sync across your devices.

NOTE: If you want to put a save game into a slot that was empty, follow the steps above just to make sure that there are no old files sitting on your device. After Step 7 but before Step 8, navigate to the character slots menu and click on "Create New Character" in the slot that you just filled with new files. The game will then recognize your files and start your game where you left off.

If anyone has any suggestions for this, or anything I missed, let me know. Hope it helps all of us iCloud users!