Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

Red face A work in progress about textures mod

Hello gals, im not new here but simply lost my password for the moment and not received the reset one XD

BTW, im here to talk about the textures this great free game is using with Unreal Engine 3

As far as i know, if u haven't a fully licensed power user (is like i say: more levels for licenses) UDKit, u are unable to modify or open and repack the udk files, which content the textured stuff.

Looking around, seems that the only way to do a look a like process, is using a small great tool, Texmod.

Used in many games and Guildwars, this program (working in directx9) is able to scan the loaded textures of the game targeted, and makes possible to choose and save what u need.

To be more specific, this great tool is able to save a FAKE texture file inside the ram memory (NOT THE GAME FILES) and over the original one, so u can see the modded one.

Those textures can be seen in a preview, so u can save what u need

Format is variable: u can save them in bmp, jpg, dds and a couple more, to edit the channels with photoshop or gimp (is important like CoD mods)

I will add soon some screen, for the moment im experimentig

Now, off course im testing the detection matter at same time, i was able to modify the scopes u see in the game, and make a better visual (Sniper scopes got greater view area ) and i changed the blue screen from stun nades (now is transparent muahahahah XD)

The weak points of this project are:

is MANDATORY to DISABLE DX11 or the program cannot scan. Then u put the game exe starting by the program and make it run, starting the capture process.

1: u maybe need to run the game at lowest quality possible, to do a fast scan and not incurring in a low memory message.(a pro point to everyone)

2: i have not a clear idea but is obvious that u need to use some good skill for the editing matter, and to use a correct format (seems that png have a broken invisibility, so using bitmap seems better.

3: i started today with some scrap XD so i met a problem with some interface issue, messed up but not totally. The game runs and textures got replaced good.

4: to mod players im sure that u need to find a single piece of the body, but if u prefer heads, u should go in the shop, scroll all the helmets, and find the loaded textures. After a good work, u can mod the colors to red, so u can be happy.

5: i will try my best to work with that, consider that there are many variables like v sync and so on that can cause me this fail of the ingame user interface

The strong point of this:
    The game is safe. U can simply run the launcer of this program with a pack file u build with the mod, or u can run the game exe to be normal as always.

Now im looking for volunteers that tryed this stuff, or know how to edit and want to join this amateur project

As i said, i will post a screenshot soon, be patient.
    I was excited to this that i wanted to talk about it soon as possible. Maybe someone will chop my head telling is impossible or detected :P
    Last edited by Hero; 04-07-2013 at 12:30 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    as i promised, after a couple of try im here with some in game screenshot of my modded files

The opening, is not photoshop but the real ingame splash

just for fun u.u

then

this was a restyle for the reddot, very fast edit, crappy resolution but accomplished objective for a bright red. The crossfire is red too, small due bad resolution

Naturally, the bmp i got were exported with texmod, and i recolored them...unfortunately...

I wonder why some files tranparency is messed up, and also the color.

Same for the depot ring, that after edited, got a grey plate

After that, i changed to png, cus im stupid XD

the fix here changed the color of crossair, from the white to black. But original color is still blue -.-"

Depot: Transparent and same color i chose

Fast edit, so not good borders ;D i know but the result is important

About this, i tryed the helmets edit, in a possibility to develop a color aimbot is a good idea...or simply for better visibility
    I found 3 types of texture about the helmets. The good definition and best color looked right to me, but even when i changed colors of every template

After loading the game nothing changed...

I tryed a more dark non colored texture that i captured, but was about reflection and again no succes... i will try with some strange one...

A crap experiment

This is the reason why im looking for some good texture modder

minitweaks and ui^^

Last edited by genma69; 04-03-2013 at 01:34 PM.
    [CENTER]i followed this forum with different accounts...for purpouse, secret or forgetting the password .
    I'm quite skilled in fps and computer...so don't try to fake me cause is useless [IMG]https://i579.photobucke*****m/albums/ss233/07k1160/onion/19.gif[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Oh man! Awesome work. I really appreciate what you are doing! Keep it up!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    I managed to do something to the helmets. I think it need some more work, because it only light up when closer. Just a try. If you like it message me, maybe we can do a co-op work together. sorry about the erased names, just didn't want any conflicts
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails
    awesome.jpg  

niced.png  

yo.jpg  

shalala.jpg  

Thanks
    nice modds !!!! i love the red dot CLOSED scope

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Nice Work about the helmets just wanted to try to find the right texture today

As an ATI graphic card user, i experience some lag with the old TexMod program, but this is only for a smooth gameplay. Working around that (well, seems ATI generally hate this program) Im using the second version of it

https://texmod.googlecode.com/files/uMod_v1_r44.zip
    with this, u can run the packed files built with the old texmod, and more important: U can do changes of packs while game is running, so no need to restart game anymore

Offcourse, u can capture textures too, but for some reason not all get detected :/ that's why the previous version is important again.

The format is DDS, another issue in selecting the saved output. But u can test it anyway

Sure it wil be good to cooperate ^^

just a couple of questions

What is the texture u used to mod those helmets?
    With normal textmod, i was able to change the colors simply replacing the files without photoshopping, and made the helmets bright at low distance, and more dark on far, but still more visible than the normal vanilla.

What did u do about the file XD i mean, the colors. Still no have idea which scheme is used O.o

I wait ur answers ;D

EDIT: ok, i was a bit stupid yesterday
    I found al the helmets tex, for a total of 4 textures files for each one O.o
    This is the result of a first scan, i will photoshop later

Last edited by genma69; 04-04-2013 at 05:02 AM.
    [CENTER]i followed this forum with different accounts...for purpouse, secret or forgetting the password .
    I'm quite skilled in fps and computer...so don't try to fake me cause is useless [IMG]https://i579.photobucke*****m/albums/ss233/07k1160/onion/19.gif[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    I used the last texture and just photoshoped it red i will try some more photoshoping today if i have time P.S. i think i need to choose a darker color for helmets to be brighter
    Last edited by RGraegaergrwagargwrg; 04-04-2013 at 05:34 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    mmm, maybe. Btw, the uMod program doesn't recognize the helmets textures...no idea why.

I was able to do the change i confirm is the box color the only working for me at the moment. Maybe the files, if saved in dds and modified in all channels, can performance better...don't know about phososhop so good XD
    Still problems for the proximity bright

I also discovered that changing all settings, and putting them to minimal, disable the mod. The problem is overall texture quality below the high

meh, im going crazy XD

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    I worked on torso too :

I found one problem. When full body textures is replaced game laggs. So i decided half of body should be enough. You can see i retextured one camo (look at legs)
    Last edited by RGraegaergrwagargwrg; 04-04-2013 at 10:12 AM.

Thanks
    nice modding man keep this up ....

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    the problem is about texmod. More u put modded and more lag u got

at the moment, replacing a couple of scopes, and maybe using jpg for the body mods, should be good to handle :/

Still problems for what concern the changing bright of color XD but in the end all helmets should work like a charm .

Im looking for the weapon ^^ same concept but no blue box to play with :/

test test test XD

Can i have ur pc specs?^^
    Im on win7 64bit pro
    Using an ati shappire 7850 oc, 2gb
    cpu 3.33ghz, 6 core amd
    16gb ram ddr3.

If u got a nvidia it should be better to handle texmod

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    My specs:
    Win7 Ultimate sp1 64 bit
    Nvidia geforce gtx660 1gb
    Cpu 3,5GHz amd 6 core
    8gb ram.

I think ram is also needed, because this program uses a lot of it D. BTW how do you insert the image so everyone can see it? im new in forums so... help me, please?
    Last edited by RGraegaergrwagargwrg; 04-04-2013 at 07:50 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by barbakliashas View Post
    8gb ram.

I think ram is also needed, because this program uses a lot of it
    Your ram is sufficient...
    Sorry for my crap english, i'm French.
    Google translate is my best friend.
    La vitesse de la lumière étant supérieure à celle du son,
    Beaucoup de gens paraissent brillants,
    Jusqu'à ce qu'ils ouvrent leur gueule.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by drizeisse View Post
    Your ram is sufficient...
    I didn't say that my ram is not enough

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    to put images copy the image link and then click the button above the editor near the clip button

By the way, this program was a beta, and no idea why not developed more. For now this is a working dx9 handler, and sure needs a lot of ram. For u nvidia gives a boost for me no XD that's why im using very low quality

As u can see, only one option is required to see the modded texture

Now i try the other quality, and see if there is a different texture that can be exported

EDIT: YES!!!!!

Sadly to say, there is a texture layout for every texture overall option. I mean the one parameter i screened above. BUT i came with the new discover

Im now using dds format images and scanning the texture (the screen blue one) and saving them, when editing is possible to see LITTLE pieces in a invisible field.

So they are the real deal. And for this reason, if u color ONLY the pieces u get a low coloration.
    But for a full color u get this

Others settings are to maximum, the gameplay seems smoother than normal XD

Still no idea what color scheme is used -.-"
    Last edited by genma69; 04-04-2013 at 11:01 AM.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast