Thanks

[Tut] unban hardware, second method

I didn't want to hijack the other thread about unbanning hardware ban. Please note the other way is more effective, but, if this way works for you, in the long run it is easier.

Another way that worked for my friend, BUT HAS NOT WORKED ALL THE TIME FOR OTHERS.

ALSO, do this at your own risk. It is not my fault if you mess up your computer, nor is it MPGH.net's fault.

This requires you have a desktop computer with 2 (or more) hard drives slots, with at least one spot empty, using SATA hard drives. IDE drives will most likely not work. Most computers, including ALL normal dell form factors (not the C*** series, like C521) have 2 hard drive slots.

Reboot your computer into the bios (when you see the computer manufacturer screen/logo, usually hit F2, F4, of F8, or maybe Escape). Try to find the area for "SATA devices". Scroll the the various devices you have hooked up - sometimes it will only be the hard drive, sometimes it will be the hard drive and DVD burner. Find one of the disabled SATA ports, and enable it. Try to enable the one right after your hard drive.

For instance:
    A new Dell E521 has the NForce 440 Motherboard, which has 4 SATA ports.
    DVD drives are ports 1 and 2 (SATA devices 1 and 2 in bios)
    Hard drives are ports 3 and 4 (SATA devices 3 and 4 in bios)

So, if you have devices 1, 2, and 3 used, but 4 is disabled, enable 4. If its only 1 and 3, enable 4, since it is the one right after the first Hard Drive. *NOTE* your computer will most likely vary. It might take some playing around with, or looking on the motherboard itself.

Now that you have changed the bios, shutdown the computer, and open the case. Look for the hard drives. If you don't know what they look like, maybe you shouldn't be doing this. At least go look at wikipedia.

***Please touch the computer's metal case every now and then, otherwise you might zap the motherboard with static electricity when you touch it, and have a broken computer that will not work. If the computer case is not metal, touch a metal object, like a doorknob***

Ok, see the two hard drive trays? One should be taken with a hard drive already. So, unplug the SATA data cable and SATA power cable leading to the drive. Now we have two options here, based on what you see:

If it looks like the SATA data cable (the wider cable with tons of little metal ports on it) looks like is continues on down to another data head, follow options a. If there is no other SATA data "head" on the cable, follow step b.

A)
    Pop the hard drive tray out of both SATA spots, and swap where the trays were. No need to change the actual trays, just put tray one into tray 2's spot, etc. Now replug in all the SATA cables, using the second "head".

B)
    Follow the SATA data cable to where it plugs into the motherboard. It should plug into the motherboard near another SATA port. Look for any others you might see on the motherboard. Found them? Ok. Unplug the SATA data cable from the motherboard, and plug it into the number of the SATA device you enabled in BIOS. So, if you enabled device 4, then plug it into port 4. Remount the drive back into the tray, power cable, etc.

Close everything back up on the computer, and boot into BIOS. Make sure it recognizes the new SATA device. Disable the old SATA device the hard drive was in before. Reboot.

There you go!

Again, I give no guarantee this will work; it worked for a friend of mine, and I was surprised. I've had some other people try it, and it worked for one, but not for others. It doesn't make sense that it would work, based on how PB does hardware bans - but, it worked for some.

IF this does work for you, always use the hardware spoofer from now on! There are only so many available SATA ports, and you don't want to run out of them! If it doesn't, use the other method posted here:
    https://www.mpgh.net/forum/warrock/65...dware_ban.html
    You have to do it every time you want to play WR, thats why you guys should try this method; its a one-time fix.

Have a great day!!

Thanks
    A bit, wordy much?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bugmenot View Post
    A bit, wordy much?
    haha sorry... I'm used to writing tutorials for noobs, so... but I guess most of you guys aren't noobs here.

Thanks
    Yeah ive heard of doing it this way before... Harder to do but if my way doesnt work, then this is the way to go before having to buy new hardware.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xxpagxx View Post
    Yeah ive heard of doing it this way before... Harder to do but if my way doesnt work, then this is the way to go before having to buy new hardware.
    Then again, a 40gb SATA drive costs all of 15 bucks. Not bad to let you play again!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bagpiperdude90 View Post
    but I guess most of you guys aren't noobs here.
    You would be surprised....

i live in the "wallen" in amsterdam, you can come visit me some times?
    Thanks

why is this easier then pages way, i know of this way...

i think pages way is easier man.. not do dissapoint you but.. pages way doesnt fuck your computer when doing wrong, waste another 15 bucks to buy new hardware and then not even a little disclaimer from you... we have might noticed that people *maybe by purpose* write/make wrong things.

like hacks with virusses, or making things what fucks up your computer...

not starting bout, posting trainers what so fast detected and then say, " I CHECKED ITS NOT DETECTED.

SORRY FOR THIS COMPLAIN.

but pages way is easier if you look from my side...

by another MPGH citizin called obsedianpk!

Thanks
    well, his way, you have to do it every time you open warrock. So every time it crashes, etc. My way, its just once and once only.

Just giving some of the more advanced users an option.

But yes, if you don't know what you're doing, then his was is better. Less chance of a messup. But anybody who has built a computer should no what they're doing here.