Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

SoulForge Project - Recruiting

Well, I think it's about time we gather up a group of worthy, dedicated workers, and start making the best ROTMG private server to ever exist.

The server will be a heavily modified version of Trapped (make sure to say thanks), and will be updated independently from it after the beginning of development. The server will be hosted off of my personal computer until we come up with enough money to purchase a VPS to host it from. (Please suggest hosts so that we can pick the best one!)

This is our starting point. We are starting from scratch. This way, we can build up and the community can shape us so that we can be the best possible for the people that are interested in fun, new content while also keeping to the style of the original game.

We will be spending our money on:
    - An IRC server
    - Server hosting (VPS)
    - Web Hosting + Domain
    - Server-related matters (Inquire)

We will be making:
    - Custom and Modified Dungeons
    - Custom Items
    - Custom Spells
    - Custom Effects
    - Custom and Modified Worlds
    - Custom Monsters/Bosses
    - Additional and Modified Functionality

For this, we will need the following:

About $15 from 100 people should get us everything we need for right now and in the future, so please send in donations to get us going and keep us running! (or at least jogging?) Every bit helps!

If you'd like rewards from the donation, please send us an email using the contact information below containing your paypal transaction ID.

If you'd like to support the project please make sure you understand where the money is going. Use the contact information at the end of this post for information.

Now, I understand a project this large with such a small base is quite far-fetched, but it's you that can make it happen. Please take a look at the positions below to see what you might be able to contribute to the server, and make this dream come that much more alive.

Game Testers - Will have special commands to test the world thoroughly and quickly while also returning specific information on any bugs, errors, or glitches they run into, and will also have special tools for reporting them.

Web Testers - Will have special permissions in order to test the web servers as effectively as possible. This can range from testing login forms to testing payment functionality. Please be prepared to dedicate anything to the server to ensure functionality if you are to apply for this position.

Play Testers - Will be testing the fluidity, reliability, and quality of the overall gameplay. They will get no special functions, but suggestions from Play Testers will be taken with more consideration due to their thorough experience of the overall game play. Please only choose this position if you are willing to dedicate your time to testing the server's functionality.

Sprite Team - Will be working on making sprites for monsters, objects, and items, as well as possibly some new classes. You will be required to display your abilities with ROTMG-specific sprites during your interview. Sprites to indicate the quality we expect from you will be provided before you make your first sprite for the interview. You will also be working with full-on images for the website, so please have a good understanding of Photoshop before applying for this position.

World Team - Will be making new worlds, dungeons, and any other terrain-related content. Please only apply if you have an extensive understanding and experience with level creation in Realm of the Mad God, as you will be doing a lot of it.

Server Team - Will be responsible mostly for introducing the new ideas to the server itself. You will be helping the integration of items, and adding new and unique functionality to the server. You will need to have an above-average understanding of C# and a good understanding of SQL for this position.

Client Team - Will be responsible for modifying the User Interface of the client, the inner workings of some portions of the client, and allowing the client to cooperate with the server more fluently. You need to have a good understanding of the modification of ROTMG-specific clients for this position.

Web Team - Will be responsible for ensuring the quality and security of our web servers, by any means necessary. During your interview, we will provide more information on the specifics of what is and is not allowed for testing the security of the web servers. You will need a good understanding of JavaScript, HTML5, PHP, SQL, CSS, and XML for this position. It is a good addition to have knowledge of ASP.NET and XHTML, but those are not required for this position.

Creative Team - Will be contributing ideas to the server, through public votes, and considering suggestions from players to put up for voting. This process will involve a relatively uncomfortable amount of communication between this team and all of the development teams, so please only apply for this position if you feel that you genuinely have the good of the server in mind and enough creativity to be constantly brainstorming new ideas.

Administrators - Will manage the other staff members, developers, testers and, in the future, players on the server. We do not hire people directly into this position, so please obtain a lower position, such as Game Master, before applying for Administrator.

Moderators - Will manage Game Masters, testers and, in the future, players on the server. This position requires that you have some good people skills, as well as an aura of professionalism and respectability about you. We will know who is fit for this position.

Game Masters - Will manage testers and, in the future, players on the server. This position requires that you familiarize yourself with the commands on the server constantly and that you are familiar with every rule and have not broken any of them once. You will be permitted to kick, mute, and ban players on the server that are breaking rules. If you apply for this position, we recommend that you check commands and rules as often as possible to be aware of any changes.

Technical Support - This position requires an understanding of the inner workings of different types of computers, the server and client, and that you have a working microphone to provide technical support to testers and, in the future, players on the server. You are also required to have a basic logical thought process about you, for troubleshooting.

Please contact us at any of the following places to have an interview, or to inquire about anything in this post:
    Skype - (click to add)
    E-Mail - soulforgeproject@gmail.com
    Last edited by sjustin1996; 08-07-2013 at 06:23 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sjustin1996 For This Useful Post:

Black (08-08-2013),edvardson (08-08-2013),pizazzle (08-07-2013),saevar2000 (08-07-2013)

Thanks
    i can do all the above on jobs but for staff i would like admin we can talk add hayden.mccollin to skype

Thanks
    cool love it can i test it?

---------- Post added at 05:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 AM ----------

im downloading skype (was getting new computer)

---------- Post added at 05:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 AM ----------

add me xxxsaevarxxx

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Hi my names Pizazzle!

I have always really wanted to make a incredible public server for Rotmg but no one wanted to help me . This sounds like the perfect opportunity to help make a incredible server that will be awesome.
    So I placement I would hope to be is Moderator or Creative Team or maybe like both, I dont know XD. I also would like to code on the server but sadly I dont know enough C# .
    Now I think you wanna know if i can be supportive or not. i can totally be supportive! I have a pretty awesome laptop so i can transport places with no worries! Know this is a big thing because iI really dont like being dedicated to one thing but this seems too great to pass up so i can be a really supportive Person.
    Overall, I really think I am a great choice and I hope you can recognize me!

Contact Info:

P.S In the future i would like to obtain Admin as well
    P.P.S I would also love to maybe have some of the coders teach me a couple of things
    Last edited by pizazzle; 08-07-2013 at 06:01 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Interesting. I'm guessing all work done (source code) isn't going to be open for the public to play with (like mmoe)?
    Be careful, stray too far from the pack and you'll get lost.

Thanks
    I am here.

I code the C# and work for network system's.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by nilly View Post
    Interesting. I'm guessing all work done (source code) isn't going to be open for the public to play with (like mmoe)?
    Downside, we will not be releasing any of the unique additions to the server.
    Upside, the server and client team members are free to release any bug fixes to the public as they please.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    World Team <- Aren't world generated procedurally in RotMG?

---------- Post added at 07:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 AM ----------

PS: This is my hiccup when making a server.
    Liked my Post? Say Thanks!
    Before saying that a developer is wrong, think harder. Maybe, YOU are wrong since the dev knows more about his own programs than you do and has more knowledge about what he is doing.
    -- Direct Quote from the XDA-Developers Forums.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to UltraN00b For This Useful Post:

C453 (08-07-2013)

Thanks
    No special things for donators?

Edit: Well I can do the first 3 and a little sprite making.
    Last edited by Spectroll; 08-07-2013 at 11:45 AM.
    k
    Quote Originally Posted by kurukimi View Post
    Bought a bunch of rainbow pots off of him and I went first and it all went smooth. Will be coming back soon!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    You dont need to pay for an irc server.

with @Trapped, @ossimc82, @Krazyshank, @shadomir, @C453, and @donran

13. The Following User Says Thank You to jamiesinn For This Useful Post:

sjustin1996 (08-12-2013)

Thanks
    Hey! i would love to be on the sprite team, i luv making RotMG sprites . send me a message if i can help. it soudns like a great profect and i would love to be part of it!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    Im applying for the Sprite team, if you want I could give you a sample.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    vote me to game master and i will help the server

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

i want to be a web tester game tester and play tester

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectroll View Post
    No special things for donators?

Edit: Well I can do the first 3 and a little sprite making.
    There are special benefits for donators, we just don't have them available until the full server is released.[COLOR="Silver"]

Quote Originally Posted by UltraN00b View Post
    World Team <- Aren't world generated procedurally in RotMG?
    That procedure can be modified, if so.
    Last edited by sjustin1996; 08-07-2013 at 06:54 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    @ @sjustin1996 Have you read this?
    Polygonal Map Generation for Games
    I don't think there is much to change about how terrains work in RotMG.
    Liked my Post? Say Thanks!
    Before saying that a developer is wrong, think harder. Maybe, YOU are wrong since the dev knows more about his own programs than you do and has more knowledge about what he is doing.
    -- Direct Quote from the XDA-Developers Forums.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast