Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah

Creating a proxy

So I have decided that I want to make a Rotmg proxy. I have minimal experience in java. 0 Experience in pearl and c++. But I am willing to learn.
    The only thing I need is for someone to guide me in the right direction.
    First question - Should I start from scratch, or try to repair oryxdom or marine`s proxy.
    Second question - Is eclipse suitable for this kinda task?
    Third question - Are there any other essential programs I should be aware of.
    And the last question - Is it possible to have the game run without the client open, or is that a compleatly different thing ( basically have like 10 bots online, without having to open 10 clients)

Sorry for being noob.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    You're not going to be able to make one with minimal experience. You will need to learn a lot about java socketing and reverse engineer the game.
    Botmaker's server v4 has a source for a partially done proxy. It needs a lot of fixing and packet definition updates. It's an eclipse project file and beleive the other sources are too. Other than that, eclipse is still the way to go. As for client less connections, yeah it is very possible. It's how the bigger rwt sites advertise, and also how Hubble's trade bot works. Take a look at both Hubble's and botmaker's sources.
    Last edited by krazyshank; 05-04-2013 at 05:35 PM.

Accepting PayPal - Bitcoin - Giftcards - Items:

Find it here: MPGH Sales Thread

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Thanks for the info, i will try to figure out how hubbles trader connects to the server and what packets it sends.
    Edit - Can you open .jar files in eclipse or do you need to extract them with winrar and add them that way
    Edit2 - nvm, will only ask rotmg related questions here from now on.
    Last edited by artufe; 05-04-2013 at 05:51 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    So basically if I can find the info on packets that have changed since that release, and add/modify them to botmakers prixy I might theoretically partially "fix it".
    Also, I have no idea on how to successfully import the hubbles autotraders .jar. It shows and notification on top that there is no source attached. Or am I missing something?

Thanks
    search @eth0nic's posts he knows his shit

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by artufe View Post
    First question - Should I start from scratch, or try to repair oryxdom or marine`s proxy.
    Second question - Is eclipse suitable for this kinda task?
    Third question - Are there any other essential programs I should be aware of.
    And the last question - Is it possible to have the game run without the client open, or is that a compleatly different thing ( basically have like 10 bots online, without having to open 10 clients)
    1) you can search for a ready-to-use tcp proxy written in the language of your choice ... like a _REALLY_ simple http proxy for example. once you understand how sockets works, how POLL/SELECT works ... what blocking vs. non-blocking sockets mean etc. you can use that proxy and add the required functionality like the 4 RC4 keys/states you will need and the packet parsing code (you don't need to actually do anything with the packets yet ... just decrypt on one side of the proxy ... and re-encrypt them on the other side ... that will be your very first goal when writing a rotmg proxy)

also bear in mind that you will need something to change the games XML config on the fly ... i use mitmproxy with 2 rewrite rules for that (see "thread of relevant information" for more info) ... also keep in mind that you will probably need to serve the game a fake flash policy string ... you can see that string being sent to the game from the server using wireshark or tcpdump or whatever.

2) eclipse is suitable ... so is any other IDE or even notepad++ ... for a simple proxy notepad++ or UltraEdit will also do ... you will only have 2-3 files ... you will want to switch to an IDE once you start writing your packet factory OO code and add more features/modules/functions/libs/etc. ...

3) a good text editor, wireshark, tcpdump, HxDen, and probably some SFW decompiling tools?

4) i am not sure what you mean? every trading bot is an example for what you are asking for? you don't need to gui nor flash player nor anything to have a computer controlled char doing stuff within rotmg. but writing a rotmg bot is 3 times easier than writing a proxy. i have done both several times ... trust me ;-)

---------- Post added at 01:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by artufe View Post
    So basically if I can find the info on packets that have changed since that release, and add/modify them to botmakers prixy I might theoretically partially "fix it".
    Also, I have no idea on how to successfully import the hubbles autotraders .jar. It shows and notification on top that there is no source attached. Or am I missing something?
    I guess you should decide on whether you want to learn how to do stuff or just fix someone's else code? There have only been few changes and I can list them all ... but if you are not skilled in any programming language you will probably not manage to do much.

---------- Post added at 01:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 AM ----------

see

https://www.mpgh.net/forum/654-realm-...ml#post8062841

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eth0nic View Post
    1) you can search for a ready-to-use tcp proxy written in the language of your choice ... like a _REALLY_ simple http proxy for example. once you understand how sockets works, how POLL/SELECT works ... what blocking vs. non-blocking sockets mean etc. you can use that proxy and add the required functionality like the 4 RC4 keys/states you will need and the packet parsing code (you don't need to actually do anything with the packets yet ... just decrypt on one side of the proxy ... and re-encrypt them on the other side ... that will be your very first goal when writing a rotmg proxy)

also bear in mind that you will need something to change the games XML config on the fly ... i use mitmproxy with 2 rewrite rules for that (see "thread of relevant information" for more info) ... also keep in mind that you will probably need to serve the game a fake flash policy string ... you can see that string being sent to the game from the server using wireshark or tcpdump or whatever.

2) eclipse is suitable ... so is any other IDE or even notepad++ ... for a simple proxy notepad++ or UltraEdit will also do ... you will only have 2-3 files ... you will want to switch to an IDE once you start writing your packet factory OO code and add more features/modules/functions/libs/etc. ...

3) a good text editor, wireshark, tcpdump, HxDen, and probably some SFW decompiling tools?

4) i am not sure what you mean? every trading bot is an example for what you are asking for? you don't need to gui nor flash player nor anything to have a computer controlled char doing stuff within rotmg. but writing a rotmg bot is 3 times easier than writing a proxy. i have done both several times ... trust me ;-)

---------- Post added at 01:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 AM ----------

I guess you should decide on whether you want to learn how to do stuff or just fix someone's else code? There have only been few changes and I can list them all ... but if you are not skilled in any programming language you will probably not manage to do much.

---------- Post added at 01:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 AM ----------

see

https://www.mpgh.net/forum/654-realm-...ml#post8062841
    plz make a proxy i r nub and cannut caud plz dud u r the new flyrocket but seriously you are pretty smart and I would love to see a proxy come out on MPGH from you!
    d e a d b o y s
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    What do you call a troll with shitty jokes?
    Trollaux
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyeran View Post
    Foot job with lots of oil.
    If she's 12, I'm 12.

Thanks
    Good luck making it!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollaux View Post
    plz make a proxy i r nub and cannut caud plz dud u r the new flyrocket but seriously you are pretty smart and I would love to see a proxy come out on MPGH from you!
    I wrote one 2 years ago and I am still using it ... I will just not make it public because a) people will ruin the game b) people will learn nothing and just waste their time c) people will have 1000 questions about to change the most obvious things within the proxy or how to run it or how to use mitmproxy or how to add features ...

I want people to learn stuff. Writing a proxy is not that hard and it is a VERY good way to learn many basic concepts of networking, programming and to get some basic reverse engineering skills ... see: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/654-realm-...ml#post8062841

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eth0nic View Post
    I wrote one 2 years ago and I am still using it ... I will just not make it public because a) people will ruin the game b) people will learn nothing and just waste their time c) people will have 1000 questions about to change the most obvious things within the proxy or how to run it or how to use mitmproxy or how to add features ...

I want people to learn stuff. Writing a proxy is not that hard and it is a VERY good way to learn many basic concepts of networking, programming and to get some basic reverse engineering skills ... see: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/654-realm-...ml#post8062841
    I actually might try it, but I will need some leading in the right direction. Is Java a fine language to do this with? I know Java the most out of all other languages.
    d e a d b o y s
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    What do you call a troll with shitty jokes?
    Trollaux
    Foot job with lots of oil.
    If she's 12, I'm 12.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollaux View Post
    I actually might try it, but I will need some leading in the right direction. Is Java a fine language to do this with? I know Java the most out of all other languages.
    Yes, java will do. Just work through the little todo list I linked in my previous post ... it shouldn't be that hard. It might take you a week or two but it is not extremely complex.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    So you are going to start making a proxy with having no clue on what to actually do?
    Well..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alvaritos View Post
    So you are going to start making a proxy with having no clue on what to actually do?
    Well..
    What better way to learn how to program? No tic-tac-toe, no hello world tutorial is as motivating as a goal you have set for yourself. And writing a proxy isn't really that hard. If you find a very basic TCP proxy written in the language of your choice you can work from there. All the socket select/poll stuff will already be in the source and you just add some object to store RC4 states, some binary parsing and a few other things to it and voila ...

I have listed the more tricky parts in the todo list anyway ... shouldn't be that hard if he has programmed before. Just try to use OO-style coding from the very beginning ... see "Botmaker's" threads/code for how not to do it.
    Last edited by eth0nic; 05-11-2013 at 03:38 PM.