Thanks

Suisei no Gargantia

The story begins in the distant future in the far reaches of the galaxy. The Human Galactic Alliance has been constantly fighting for its survival against a grotesque race of beings called "Hidiaazu." During an intense battle, the young lieutenant Ledo and his humanoid mobile weapon Chamber are swallowed up into a distortion of time and space. Waking from his artificially induced hibernation, Ledo realizes that he has arrived on Earth, the planet on the lost frontier. On this planet that was completely flooded by the seas, people live in fleets of giant ships, salvaging relics from the seas' depths in order to survive. Ledo arrives on one of the fleets called Gargantia. With no knowledge of the planet's history or culture, he is forced to live alongside Amy, a 15-year-old girl who serves as a messenger aboard the Gargantia fleet. To Ledo, who has lived a life where he knows nothing but fighting, these days of peace continue to surprise him.
    Read more at Suisei no Gargantia - MyAnimeList.net
    So this is an anime by Kazuya Murata & Gen Urobuchi.
    How could i ignore an anime that is written/directed by the people that bought me Code Geass, Eureka Seven & Fate/Zero? No i just couldn't ignore it.

The first episode had me hooked, it set up the plot for an action/scifi anime that would rival the likes of Code Geass and possibly even Gurren Lagann with the whole space theme.
    As the anime went on it's gotten less and less intriguing, going from an action/scifi to something more comedy/slice of life. It's currently up to Episode 5 and Simulcast on Crunchyroll. For a 12 episode series this anime really needs to get a move on soon but i can see the current SoL Episodes being just a premise for what is going to come. I expect all hell to break loose at the end of the series, and it'll make you reflect back on how the peace we've seen in Episodes 4-5 was taken for granted.

So all in all this Anime has top notch animation and a story that could practically go anywhere, so i'd hold on to this one if you are watching it and maybe pick it up if you haven't started. It could be a flop but it could also turn out to be a masterpiece.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Just watched the first episode and it looks pretty good will probably watch to current tonight.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    gonna watch ep .5 later, reading attack on titan manga
    Fear the old blood.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thats going to the list. That, and Gurren Lagann. Been a while since a friend recommended to me.
    Formerly known as gamer4evere

Participated on:
    MPGH GAMING NIGHT 08/03/2015 - Town of Salem

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer4evere View Post
    Thats going to the list. That, and Gurren Lagann. Been a while since a friend recommended to me.
    Y U NO WATCH GURREN LAGANN?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Genesis View Post

Y U NO WATCH GURREN LAGANN?
    Got bored of this pretty soon.
    Watching Attack on Titan..
    Best thing ever.

Thanks
    The third SoL episode in a row... Fuck it, i quit this anime.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    The third SoL episode in a row... Fuck it, i quit this anime.
    Garangtia was good in the first 2 episodes.. then it got boring after the fight with the lobster queen or w/e she was.
    Attack on Titan is a good anime to watch...
    but if you really want to know what happens.. read the manga.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by FeelTheHeat View Post

Garangtia was good in the first 2 episodes.. then it got boring after the fight with the lobster queen or w/e she was.
    Attack on Titan is a good anime to watch...
    but if you really want to know what happens.. read the manga.
    I find it pointless to bring up another anime in a recommendation thread especially Shingeki no Kyojin which has been talked about numerous times.

In any case i feel its going to get more interesting soon, Imo an anime that's just packed with action scenes isn't interesting at all and it takes time to build a story so be patient or find something else to watch

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamashimasen View Post

I find it pointless to bring up another anime in a recommendation thread especially Shingeki no Kyojin which has been talked about numerous times.

In any case i feel its going to get more interesting soon, Imo an anime that's just packed with action scenes isn't interesting at all and it takes time to build a story so be patient or find something else to watch
    When I wait 2 weeks for action... and i get none?
    /shrug
    What am I supposed to do?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by FeelTheHeat View Post

When I wait 2 weeks for action... and i get none?
    /shrug
    What am I supposed to do?
    I personally hate starting unfinished anime's due to the fact I'm very impatient and will end up just reading the manga and never go back to the anime, I'm resisting just going to the manga but i do enjoy the story in anime so I'm fine to keep going.

It sounds like you should just make a note of it and go back in a few months when its done or forget about it and watch a more action intense anime.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

I personally hate starting unfinished anime's due to the fact I'm very impatient and will end up just reading the manga and never go back to the anime, I'm resisting just going to the manga but i do enjoy the story in anime so I'm fine to keep going.

It sounds like you should just make a note of it and go back in a few months when its done or forget about it and watch a more action intense anime.
    That sounds right

Do you have any action anime's to recommend?
    Or any animes that are awesome overall?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    I cant think of any off the top of my head but here is my anime list Tamashimasen's anime list i would recommend almost everything on it.

Actually Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom was pretty good, its about a guy who was taken had his memory wiped and made into an assassin, Im pretty sure its more action than story but its been a while since i watched it i may not remember it right.
    In any case its a pretty good anime.
    Last edited by Tamashimasen; 05-12-2013 at 09:02 PM.

Thanks

This anime only goes for 12 episodes. They better do those action bits FAST.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy

This anime only goes for 12 episodes. They better do those action bits FAST.

Well if the thing he seen underwater is the alien they were fighting than the action might be next episode however it could just be an octopus that he mistook for the alien in which case there most likely wont be any action next episode