Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Resolution is needed for the trading bot problem.

The Trading Bots in the USWest Server are becoming unbearable even for me I’m regretting having made this available to so many.

What are people thoughts on making the trading bot cost a fee, paypal or ugc.

The Reason for this are the us west server is full of trading bots,
    This as impacted on normal players, it’s not in my interest to piss off the general populous.

I’m already starting to feel the trading bot is having a detrimental effect on the game.
    This is also bad for my motivation, a specially because I want to continue working on improving the trading bot.

Releasing to the public for free is not going to continue on it’s current course, I will have to add
    some kind of restrictions and have a paid version for long term use.

Edit
    Chat interval as been increased to 45 seconds from the previous 8 seconds
    I will be happy to negotiate a fee for the restriction to be removed, To prevent the software being pirated, It would be tied to one computer.

$15 for the said restriction to be removed, For a duration of 30 days , including all updates for free in between.

The method I’m using is each pc as various unique serials you would send me that unique serial and in return you get a working serial key that unlocks the restriction for 30days. the unique serial includes a date stamp of the pc date, the serial key would also include the same time stamp. The serial key is encrypted to prevent tampering.
    Last edited by Botmaker; 05-21-2013 at 01:20 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Botmaker For This Useful Post:

nathan463 (05-22-2013)

Thanks
    This is exactly why I said that I would never release anything ... people will fuck up the game every single time you empower them to ...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eth0nic For This Useful Post:

Botmaker (05-21-2013),dwdude (05-20-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Having only a few trading bots in the us west server isn’t the issue, it’s when the chat looks like this it becomes a problem.
    Red my trading bot software.
    Yellow normal people

Last edited by Botmaker; 05-20-2013 at 02:21 PM.

Thanks
    Just obfuscate the code and make them only chat every 2-3 minutes. I got like 40+ bots there and they will only chat ever 5 minutes or so ...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to eth0nic For This Useful Post:

Botmaker (05-21-2013)

Thanks
    meh. UsWest is far too crowded, i don't think you should create bots that go to other servers. Might just issue the problem several time again. But paid version what about those who have already downloaded your previous versions? It wouldn't do much because ylou already have the file with no mods.
    The ends justify the means.

Thanks
    And also make it hard to change the chat interval via some cheating tool ... i.e. use randomness and some security by obscurity measurements ... like add 3 random numbers every time or something ... so people would actually need to debug functions and not just offsets ...

Thanks
    This is why I haven't released anything I've created either, because I knew this is exactly what would happen. There is absolutely nothing you can do about it now. I won't elaborate on why, as you should know why.
    Last edited by dwdude; 05-20-2013 at 03:13 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dwdude For This Useful Post:

eth0nic (05-20-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I will stop using the bots, I've already gained a few 8/8s with the profit I made. That's 6 less bots to worry about, you're welcome.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dwdude View Post
    This is why I haven't released anything I've created either
    Exactly. Just don't release ANYTHING that can be abused. People with the skills to write their own tools are more likely not to abuse them as you can see here with Botmaker and myself ...

The richest man is not the one who has the most but the one who needs the least.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Who goes to UsWest these days?
    Alde is Alde is

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBORNOX View Post
    Who goes to UsWest these days?
    this

uswest is/was trading only, way to slow/laggy to play anyway. That has never changed the last years

Does the bot connect to a full server ? might make it only possible to join when its not full to prevent overcrowding

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eth0nic View Post
    Exactly. Just don't release ANYTHING that can be abused. People with the skills to write their own tools are more likely not to abuse them as you can see here with Botmaker and myself ...
    Depends on your definition of the word "abuse". One could argue that having 40+ bots in a server, auto-trading, is abuse... But I know what you mean.

Off topic, but your circling algorithm is really nice, by the way.

Thanks
    I think that if you were to sell the bot then there would be a lot less bots out there, I do agree making your bot public to everyone has got out of hand, too many bots in uswest now its hard to get a deal with your own bot because everyone are offering the same things. I do suggest that if you do release your bot it should be to a select few trusted members rather than everyone. Or sell the bot with free updates because like now most people will not be able to update themselves to the new client.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dwdude View Post
    One could argue that having 40+ bots in a server, auto-trading, is abuse... But I know what you mean.
    Well I donated 1250$ to a non profit organization working on elevating humanity to new levels via the development of AGI systems only this month by selling potions the bots generated. I don't see this as abusive. It would be if I would do it for the money. I am just giving noobs the chance to get items for cheap while at the same time contributing to society in the most effective ways ... win situation? :-) Also Kabam didn't care about 500 bots just standing their for weeks in order to facilitate duping (I never had anything to do with duping nor flooding the server) ... so I guess they don't really care that much.
    Last edited by eth0nic; 05-20-2013 at 04:14 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eth0nic View Post
    Well I donated 1250$ to a non profit organization working on elevating humanity to new levels via the development of AGI systems only this month. I don't see this as abusive. It would be if I would do it for the money. I am just giving noobs the chance to get items for cheap while at the same time contributing to society in the most effective ways ... win situation? :-) Also Kabam didn't care about 500 bots just standing their for weeks in order to facilitate duping (I never had anything to do with duping nor flooding the server) ... so I guess they don't really care that much.

Also Kabam has done nothing about 300+ zombie connections just standing
    I did say "one could say...", doesn't mean I was one of them! I saw your thread about donating, and I think it's pretty cool.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to dwdude For This Useful Post:

eth0nic (05-20-2013)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast