Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

I regret buying a crunchyroll membership.

So i went and bought a CR membership, mainly so i could watch Attack on Titan and other anime on my Panasonic TV without having to dl the actual anime and then use HDMI from my PC. (Because CR has an app for my TV)

I bought a one month membership for $6.95 and then found out i can't watch shows like Attack on Titan & Valvrave the Liberator + HALF THE FUCKING CR LIBRARY because of "Licensing Issues" over here in Australia.
    Our fucking Licenser 'Madman Entertainment' hasn't bought the rights to these Anime, and i can't even watch them on CR with a premium membership!

And people wonder why Australians are the #1 country in the world for pirating stuff online, it's because we either get charged a fortune for shit or JUST DONT GET THAT SHIT AT ALL.
    A steam game that is $69 USD is about $99 over here and there is NOTHING WE CAN DO ABOUT IT.

Sorry Crunchyroll but until us Aussie customers get a fair go then it's the last $6.95 you will EVER see from me.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Dang that sucks. I just watch anime on the computer and that's all there is to it but crunchyroll on the TV sounds nice!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    :/

Australia's pricing and censorship makes no sense. They do this with EVERYTHING too.

Thanks
    Dang that sucks.
    Member Level 1 since 4/20/11 - 8/4/14
    Member Level 2 since 8/4/14 - present

You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I prefer torrenting anything I want to watch anyways. I use NyaaTorrents (The site Empire recommended).

For example, with Naruto, I get the same shit Crunchyroll provides, because this group called "HorribleSubs" rips their videos and puts them up there to be torrented. (For every episode). I can even choose quality, and everything.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to scotbud123 For This Useful Post:

Genesis (06-17-2013)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    I prefer torrenting anything I want to watch anyways. I use NyaaTorrents (The site Empire recommended).

For example, with Naruto, I get the same shit Crunchyroll provides, because this group called "HorribleSubs" rips their videos and puts them up there to be torrented. (For every episode). I can even choose quality, and everything.
    NyaaTorrents is the best, i use them too but CR is just convenient since i got a shit dl speed (Aussie net lol)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Genesis For This Useful Post:

scotbud123 (06-18-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy

I hate torrenting why don't you just stream the anime its faster and it doesn't clutter up your comp.

You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamashimasen View Post
    I hate torrenting why don't you just stream the anime its faster and it doesn't clutter up your comp.
    Well:

1. I like to go back and re-watch certain things. Plus I like to stockpile things too.

2. My internet speed is pretty fucking good, I just DL it while I'm doing other things (like going on MPGH).

3. I have a 2TB extra HD, plus my 500GB main HD. I'm not even close to using up all my space yet.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    anime freak dot tv

Gots streams, nice quality, done.

CR is like netflix but for anime and its so limited on its selection I usually don't bother with it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Well:

1. I like to go back and re-watch certain things. Plus I like to stockpile things too.

2. My internet speed is pretty fucking good, I just DL it while I'm doing other things (like going on MPGH).

3. I have a 2TB extra HD, plus my 500GB main HD. I'm not even close to using up all my space yet.
    Ah, well if it works for you.
    I don't tend to want to watch parts over it doesn't interest me as much knowing what happens with the exception of something amazing that i just want to watch again but then I'll either look on youtube for that scene or load the stream again.
    Also i only have 500GB that i don't want to clutter.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamashimasen For This Useful Post:

scotbud123 (06-18-2013)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    use this Hotspotshield Free VPN Software | Free Personal VPN Service works for me just sign up for the free trial
    Fear the old blood.

Thanks
    Living in Australia is a pain when it comes to things like Crunchyroll. I usually download from Bakabt or Nyaa, if not that i stream in low quality

Thanks
    You can usually just Google whatever anime you feel like watching. If you want higher quality you can go to the ever so popular anime torrent websites that have been listed above. Don't see why you would buy membership. There are ways to hook up your computer to your television wired or wireless, and it's pretty cheap.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Rance-Sama For This Useful Post:

scotbud123 (06-18-2013)

Darkness cannot be defeated. It can only be hidden in the form of hatred
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumo View Post
    So i went and bought a CR membership, mainly so i could watch Attack on Titan and other anime on my Panasonic TV without having to dl the actual anime and then use HDMI from my PC. (Because CR has an app for my TV)

I bought a one month membership for $6.95 and then found out i can't watch shows like Attack on Titan & Valvrave the Liberator + HALF THE FUCKING CR LIBRARY because of "Licensing Issues" over here in Australia.
    Our fucking Licenser 'Madman Entertainment' hasn't bought the rights to these Anime, and i can't even watch them on CR with a premium membership!

And people wonder why Australians are the #1 country in the world for pirating stuff online, it's because we either get charged a fortune for shit or JUST DONT GET THAT SHIT AT ALL.
    A steam game that is $69 USD is about $99 over here and there is NOTHING WE CAN DO ABOUT IT.

Sorry Crunchyroll but until us Aussie customers get a fair go then it's the last $6.95 you will EVER see from me.
    If you have an Xbox 360 or PS3, use vuze to stream it onto your 360 and watch it on your TV. Dl the anime tho.
    [IMG]https://i1179.photobucke*****m/albums/x386/gaara4life12/asdasd.png[/IMG]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumo View Post

You could of just went with my 1 month free CR membership to try it out boi.

Member Since 8/05/2012
    Editor 4/04/13 - 4/21/13
    Middleman 7/14/13 - 11/4/13

Battlefield Minion 6/13/14-3/20/15
    Steam Minion 7/16/14-3/20/15

Minion+ 10/1/14-3/20/15
    M.A.T. Minion 10/19/14-3/20/15
    ROTMG Minion 1/14/15-3/20/15

Donator Since 2/26/15 (Thanks @Cursed!)
    Steam Minion 5/9/15 - 11/5/15
    OSFPS Minion 9/15/15 - 11/5/15

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast