The PROPER way to fix msvcr100.dll, msvcr100d.dll or d3dx9_*.dll errors.

Posts 1–15 of 28 · Page 1 of 2
The PROPER way to fix msvcr100.dll, msvcr100d.dll or d3dx9_*.dll errors.
In the Combat Arms section, I see that a lot of people get the problem of missing msvcr100.dll, msvcr100d.dll, msvcp100.dll or d3dx9_*.dll errors. There are many ways to fix them but one of the most common is to Google the file name and just download the file from the internet from DLL sites. This can be dangerous as you might be downloading the wrong one and you could make your system unstable.

What does msvcr100d and msvcp100 mean?
MS = Microsoft
V = Visual
C = C or CP = C++
R = Runtime
100 = Version
D = Debug

How do I do it properly and safely?
Use Microsoft's official installers/redistributables to fix these problems.

Note about missing DLLs ending with a 'D'
This means whoever coded the application/hack didn't build it in Release mode meaning you'll have problems running it if you aren't a programmer. The only way (which I said not to do before) is to find the DLL manually on the internet and place it into the C:\Windows\system32 folder. I am not responsible for anything that happens when you do this though. You can find some of them here.

Where can I find them?
To fix any msvcr100.dll or msvcp100.dll errors, you need to install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable. Download the one that matches your computer's architecture (32-bit or 64-bit). Note that if you are running 64-bit, INSTALL BOTH.
Download: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details (32-bit)
Download: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64) - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details (64-bit)

If you are getting mscvr110.dll or msvcp110.dll errors, install the Visual Studio C++ Redistributable 2012. You can find it here:
Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 1 from Official Microsoft Download Center
Make sure to DELETE any msvcr100.dll or msvcr100d.dll files from your Combat Arms folder.
If you are asked to repair the installation, do it.

To fix any d3dx9_*.dll errors, use the DirectX Web Installer and make sure to install optional components.
Download: DirectX End-User Runtime - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details


How do I know if I'm running a 32-bit or 64-bit OS?

Please follow the instructions for your OS. (These were taken from Microsoft Support)

Windows Vista/7
1. Click Start , type system in the Start Search box, and then click system in the Programs list.
2. When System Summary is selected in the navigation pane, the operating system is displayed as follows:
  • For a 64-bit version operating system: 64-bit Operating System appears for the System type under System.
  • For a 32-bit version operating system: 32-bit Operating System appears for the System type under System.

Windows XP
1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. Type sysdm.cpl, and then click OK.
3. Click the General tab. The operating system is displayed as follows:
  • For a 64-bit version operating system: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Version < Year> appears under System.
  • For a 32-bit version operating system: Windows XP Professional Version <Year> appears under System.
Note <Year> is a placeholder for a year.

I'm a coder, how can I prevent this from happening to people when they use my hacks?
If you are a coder and use Visual Studio 2010 or Visual C++ 2010 Express, you should tell users to install the redistributable before using the hack. You can also 'statically link' the DLLs required so the user doesn't need to install anything at all! It basically embeds the data required inside your hack.

EDIT - If you are using Visual Studio 2012, make sure to change the Platform Toolkit via the Project Properties to Visual Studio 2012 (v100) otherwise it will NOT work for users on Windows XP! Click here for an image.

How to statically link the DLLs:
1. In Visual Studio, right-click on your project and click Properties.
2. Change the Configuration to Release (at the top).
3. Click on Configuration Properties > C/C++ > Code Generation
4. Change the Runtime Library option to Multi-threaded (/MT)
5. Click OK and rebuild your project (right-click on your project and click Rebuild).
The new copy of your hack should be in your project's Release folder.

Why would I want to change the configuration from Debug to Release?
Firstly, most computers do not have the Debug version of the DLL (msvcr100d.dll). It's recommended that you release all your hacks in Release mode (make sense right?). It will also remove some safety stuff that's only required during testing and will generally improve the speed/performance of your hack because the compiler often optimises the code more. The same thing even applies to applications coded in .NET, the only difference is you can't statically link anything.




You can try to use MPGHFIXIT to automatically fix the msvcr*.dll errors

Credits to master131 for making this tutorial.
Quote Originally Posted by Paralyze View Post
In the Combat Arms section, I see that a lot of people get the problem of missing msvcr100.dll, msvcr100d.dll, msvcp100.dll or d3dx9_*.dll errors. There are many ways to fix them but one of the most common is to Google the file name and just download the file from the internet from DLL sites. This can be dangerous as you might be downloading the wrong one and you could make your system unstable.

What does msvcr100d and msvcp100 mean?
MS = Microsoft
V = Visual
C = C or CP = C++
R = Runtime
100 = Version
D = Debug

How do I do it properly and safely?
Use Microsoft's official installers/redistributables to fix these problems.

Note about missing DLLs ending with a 'D'
This means whoever coded the application/hack didn't build it in Release mode meaning you'll have problems running it if you aren't a programmer. The only way (which I said not to do before) is to find the DLL manually on the internet and place it into the C:\Windows\system32 folder. I am not responsible for anything that happens when you do this though. You can find some of them here.

Where can I find them?
To fix any msvcr100.dll or msvcp100.dll errors, you need to install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable. Download the one that matches your computer's architecture (32-bit or 64-bit). Note that if you are running 64-bit, INSTALL BOTH.
Download: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details (32-bit)
Download: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64) - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details (64-bit)

If you are getting mscvr110.dll or msvcp110.dll errors, install the Visual Studio C++ Redistributable 2012. You can find it here:
Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 1 from Official Microsoft Download Center
Make sure to DELETE any msvcr100.dll or msvcr100d.dll files from your Combat Arms folder.
If you are asked to repair the installation, do it.

To fix any d3dx9_*.dll errors, use the DirectX Web Installer and make sure to install optional components.
Download: DirectX End-User Runtime - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details


How do I know if I'm running a 32-bit or 64-bit OS?

Please follow the instructions for your OS. (These were taken from Microsoft Support)

Windows Vista/7
1. Click Start , type system in the Start Search box, and then click system in the Programs list.
2. When System Summary is selected in the navigation pane, the operating system is displayed as follows:
  • For a 64-bit version operating system: 64-bit Operating System appears for the System type under System.
  • For a 32-bit version operating system: 32-bit Operating System appears for the System type under System.

Windows XP
1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. Type sysdm.cpl, and then click OK.
3. Click the General tab. The operating system is displayed as follows:
  • For a 64-bit version operating system: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Version < Year> appears under System.
  • For a 32-bit version operating system: Windows XP Professional Version <Year> appears under System.
Note <Year> is a placeholder for a year.

I'm a coder, how can I prevent this from happening to people when they use my hacks?
If you are a coder and use Visual Studio 2010 or Visual C++ 2010 Express, you should tell users to install the redistributable before using the hack. You can also 'statically link' the DLLs required so the user doesn't need to install anything at all! It basically embeds the data required inside your hack.

EDIT - If you are using Visual Studio 2012, make sure to change the Platform Toolkit via the Project Properties to Visual Studio 2012 (v100) otherwise it will NOT work for users on Windows XP! Click here for an image.

How to statically link the DLLs:
1. In Visual Studio, right-click on your project and click Properties.
2. Change the Configuration to Release (at the top).
3. Click on Configuration Properties > C/C++ > Code Generation
4. Change the Runtime Library option to Multi-threaded (/MT)
5. Click OK and rebuild your project (right-click on your project and click Rebuild).
The new copy of your hack should be in your project's Release folder.

Why would I want to change the configuration from Debug to Release?
Firstly, most computers do not have the Debug version of the DLL (msvcr100d.dll). It's recommended that you release all your hacks in Release mode (make sense right?). It will also remove some safety stuff that's only required during testing and will generally improve the speed/performance of your hack because the compiler often optimises the code more. The same thing even applies to applications coded in .NET, the only difference is you can't statically link anything.




You can try to use MPGHFIXIT to automatically fix the msvcr*.dll errors

Credits to master131 for making this tutorial.
Master, is incredible. I was going to do one of these, but it could never reach that level of informative thinking. Good job to you, too for this very needed post.
Tnanks dude i will apply some of those asap (or as soon as i get home) THANK YOU!!!!!!
Very detailed tutorial. Works perfectly. Fixed my problem Thank you very much
Bravo for excellent work!
I have error "msvcp110.dll is missing" and none of these fixes work at all.
Quote Originally Posted by decimeter1 View Post
I have error "msvcp110.dll is missing" and none of these fixes work at all.
Are you sure you did everything right?
Pretty sure I did. I deleted the msvcp100 files, installed Visual Studio C++ Redistributable 2012, and repaired my bf3 installation.


Never mind. I got it to work. Thanks to OP!
Quote Originally Posted by decimeter1 View Post
Pretty sure I did. I deleted the msvcp100 files, installed Visual Studio C++ Redistributable 2012, and repaired my bf3 installation.
Hmm, I don't know what to do then. I'm sorry
Quote Originally Posted by Paralyze View Post
 
Your post.
In the Combat Arms section, I see that a lot of people get the problem of missing msvcr100.dll, msvcr100d.dll, msvcp100.dll or d3dx9_*.dll errors. There are many ways to fix them but one of the most common is to Google the file name and just download the file from the internet from DLL sites. This can be dangerous as you might be downloading the wrong one and you could make your system unstable.

What does msvcr100d and msvcp100 mean?
MS = Microsoft
V = Visual
C = C or CP = C++
R = Runtime
100 = Version
D = Debug

How do I do it properly and safely?
Use Microsoft's official installers/redistributables to fix these problems.

Note about missing DLLs ending with a 'D'
This means whoever coded the application/hack didn't build it in Release mode meaning you'll have problems running it if you aren't a programmer. The only way (which I said not to do before) is to find the DLL manually on the internet and place it into the C:\Windows\system32 folder. I am not responsible for anything that happens when you do this though. You can find some of them here.

Where can I find them?
To fix any msvcr100.dll or msvcp100.dll errors, you need to install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable. Download the one that matches your computer's architecture (32-bit or 64-bit). Note that if you are running 64-bit, INSTALL BOTH.
Download: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details (32-bit)
Download: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64) - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details (64-bit)

If you are getting mscvr110.dll or msvcp110.dll errors, install the Visual Studio C++ Redistributable 2012. You can find it here:
Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 1 from Official Microsoft Download Center
Make sure to DELETE any msvcr100.dll or msvcr100d.dll files from your Combat Arms folder.
If you are asked to repair the installation, do it.

To fix any d3dx9_*.dll errors, use the DirectX Web Installer and make sure to install optional components.
Download: DirectX End-User Runtime - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details


How do I know if I'm running a 32-bit or 64-bit OS?

Please follow the instructions for your OS. (These were taken from Microsoft Support)

Windows Vista/7
1. Click Start , type system in the Start Search box, and then click system in the Programs list.
2. When System Summary is selected in the navigation pane, the operating system is displayed as follows:
  • For a 64-bit version operating system: 64-bit Operating System appears for the System type under System.
  • For a 32-bit version operating system: 32-bit Operating System appears for the System type under System.

Windows XP
1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. Type sysdm.cpl, and then click OK.
3. Click the General tab. The operating system is displayed as follows:
  • For a 64-bit version operating system: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Version < Year> appears under System.
  • For a 32-bit version operating system: Windows XP Professional Version <Year> appears under System.
Note <Year> is a placeholder for a year.

I'm a coder, how can I prevent this from happening to people when they use my hacks?
If you are a coder and use Visual Studio 2010 or Visual C++ 2010 Express, you should tell users to install the redistributable before using the hack. You can also 'statically link' the DLLs required so the user doesn't need to install anything at all! It basically embeds the data required inside your hack.

EDIT - If you are using Visual Studio 2012, make sure to change the Platform Toolkit via the Project Properties to Visual Studio 2012 (v100) otherwise it will NOT work for users on Windows XP! Click here for an image.

How to statically link the DLLs:
1. In Visual Studio, right-click on your project and click Properties.
2. Change the Configuration to Release (at the top).
3. Click on Configuration Properties > C/C++ > Code Generation
4. Change the Runtime Library option to Multi-threaded (/MT)
5. Click OK and rebuild your project (right-click on your project and click Rebuild).
The new copy of your hack should be in your project's Release folder.

Why would I want to change the configuration from Debug to Release?
Firstly, most computers do not have the Debug version of the DLL (msvcr100d.dll). It's recommended that you release all your hacks in Release mode (make sense right?). It will also remove some safety stuff that's only required during testing and will generally improve the speed/performance of your hack because the compiler often optimises the code more. The same thing even applies to applications coded in .NET, the only difference is you can't statically link anything.




You can try to use MPGHFIXIT to automatically fix the msvcr*.dll errors

Credits to master131 for making this tutorial.
Great thread Paralyze. Now people maybe stop bugging the BF section with these problems.
Quote Originally Posted by bullpop View Post
Great thread Paralyze. Now people maybe stop bugging the BF section with these problems.
Yeah, I hope so.
Quote Originally Posted by Paralyze View Post


Yeah, I hope so.
Indeed. It's annoying how people whine all the time. Now the got a whole thread
explaning in detail how to fix it.
Took me a while to figure it out. But I did it Thanks!
Works having this problem in other games for a while and here is the fix
Hi this is my first post, wana share something who don know about this since year 1900.. kindly refer to the photo attached.
apply the setting to English (any region), restart your system, poooooow.... issue fixed permanently.
and what if its 120? Idk what to do man! Please help me out.
Posts 1–15 of 28 · Page 1 of 2

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?