Thanks

Freelancer DISCOVERY 4.86 mod hack help!

Ok, so I am kind of new here but not totally oblivious at hacking.

I want to hack freelancer Discovery mod 4.86.

It is an old game with fan made cheat protection. Now, the game's structure is basicly .ini files to
    determine the value of everything in the game. Early days, you could just modify the .ini file in your client
    and voila, you can have billions of money, or get more drop rates from minig etc. or even get rare guns from just shooting rocks!
    Also, you could memory edit the values via Cheat engine, but none of those methods work with the modern day
    servers the game has. Memory editing a certain value, for ex. cargo of x commodity, then selling it results in a kick/ban, since im
    guessing the game server compares you previous cargo with the one sold, etc., same thing with money and pretty much any other player stat value. So i guess memory editing the game might not be so easy.

The other thing, is if you modify the game's files to get more drop rate, the .ini files, they simply will stop dropping anything. I've used a process monitor, and found out that the game checks your .ini files and if it finds a discrepancy it sends out a packet, otherwise it does NOT.

So, I am just guessing here, how to hack it. Can I block the process function to read my .ini modified files, therefore blocking the servers ability to know I have modified files, OR can i block out that one packet sending the infromation of my modded file?

So, I need help with this in order to hack it. Im informing myself on packet editing etc. Also, I havea problem, you see... in the proces mon, I cna see the packet the game's sending out, UDP. But on WPE PRO they simply won't show up! Neither they do on NS Auditor. They show the packets sent to get the servers in the server list, but they won't show up any other outgoing packets, which I KNOW the game is sending since I can see the query on the process mon.

Add. Info:

Modding game files WHILE in game won't kick you out, but at some point they must check it becasue it does not work, im
    guessing game already loaded the file and won't load it again.
    Game seems to only check the game files WHEN loading the character to play in after connecting to the server, or docking the
    in game shipinto a planet.
    Game does not checks if cheat engine is on, or any other meme editing software.

I need a good tutorial on packet sniffing and editing, the programs I use don't seem to capture all the UDP packets.

Thanks in advance people, I am eager to get this done!

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

Further progress: In space, I can modify the amount of cargo, succesfully. Without getting kicked, I can get any amount of cargo that the ship CAN carry, that is, no more than the cargo hold of the ship, but landing on a planet/station gets me kicked out and insta banned.
    Last edited by giacomo1201; 07-07-2013 at 04:23 PM.

Thanks
    Good to see someone else is trying to hack this mod, I'm relatively new to hacking multiplayer games and have tried several methods for freelancer which no longer work. I'll see if I can get some progress on my side

Thanks
    Well, I am using wireshrak, and I got the packet Data. The game is UDP so it won't do anything if you use WPE PRO. Having said that, I have captured packets, finally. From the game to the server. But they are encrypted. And I am stuck here. I have the packet DATA, I just don't know how to un encrypt the data part. It is just dots and some characters which I identify as a comand. Icaptured one when I sent a message to the server, but it was vey different to data captured when bought/sold something. Any help from the pros at packet encrypting?

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

This is the packet data from a hello message sent to the server:

Code:
        0000059B  80 06 01 00 96 bd 00 00  e2 ca 33 00             ........ ..3.
        000005A7  3f 00 96 bd 05 01 1e 00  00 00 06 00 00 00 02 00 ?....... ........
        000005B7  00 00 01 d8 02 00 00 00  0c 00 00 00 68 00 65 00 ........ ....h.e.
        000005C7  6c 00 6c 00 6f 00 00 00  01 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 l.l.o... ........
    It is not the whole packet, but the Hex dump. I don't know yet how to edit packet in wireshark.

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

Changing memory files or ingame values in the memory won't work, they are mostly server sided, and will result in a ban/kick. I still think All I need is to override the coomand to read our modified game files.. but without a pro's help on that matter, im stuck. I am not a programmer/dev. I am avid at learnig about PC's, done some AutoIt stuff here and there. But I need help with either packet editing, /playback etc is easy) Or blocking the game exe or dll from reading modified files and telling the server I changed them. Any Ideas, people? I'll learn what I need to.

Thanks
    Making further progress, I managed to find the packet that indicates the server I have bought x amount of cargo, and with comparing packets, I've identified which part of the packet says WHAT and HOW much I bought. If my understanding is correct, I just have to do it for the selling process, edit the packet. And start sending them out. Any pros here helping? @LegendaryHack @DragonHunt, @Toymaker, anyone?

Thanks
    Well, I've practically lost hope as to anyone lending me a hand on here. To nayone reading this, IF you know how to get around this.... I've managed to get the packets with wireshark, then I save them in a format the COLSAFOT packet editor can use. There I've done my tampering with the packts and sending them. But I need help figuring out the checksums or other methods, as simply "replaying" a packet won't have any effect, a checksum is there. I've identified the HEADER checksum of the Ipv4, that is right. The UDP checksum there too, although the packet editor says it is "disabled". After that, in the "data" section of the packet there is another checksum, becasue values change for the same action on the same position, and I can't figure how the client gets that one. Any help from the pros or anyone with knowledge in the area, is welcome to help out. If you want to look at the packets... PM me and I will give an in detail and the dumps of the packets I've collected. I've managed to identify, inside the information of the packet, what I believe is the structure to sell x object on x base with X amoun, via testing and collecting several packets. Simply editing the amount of the packet won't do, I need the checksum for the new length, the new "identification" value of the packet (which I have no idea how to get, It simply seems to be a number indicating the sequence of the packet in a line ex. 218,219 etc) and the checksum I assume the game has in itself, since the "data" portion of the packet also has 2 values that change every time for the same action that I don't know how to calculate.

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

If you want to look at the packet,s I can send them to you... or post them here with some modifications of course.

Thanks
    I'm also in the same search for a few hacks for this game. I was fighting a hacker the other day and he gave me about 450 million anonymously. I mainly want more money. I will be doing tests on my own on a separate account, computer and IP.

Thanks
    Bump Bump Bump

Thanks
    bump bump YAWWW bump

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    Quote Originally Posted by giacomo1201 View Post
    Well, I am using wireshrak, and I got the packet Data. The game is UDP so it won't do anything if you use WPE PRO. Having said that, I have captured packets, finally. From the game to the server. But they are encrypted. And I am stuck here. I have the packet DATA, I just don't know how to un encrypt the data part. It is just dots and some characters which I identify as a comand. Icaptured one when I sent a message to the server, but it was vey different to data captured when bought/sold something. Any help from the pros at packet encrypting?

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

This is the packet data from a hello message sent to the server:

Code:
        0000059B  80 06 01 00 96 bd 00 00  e2 ca 33 00             ........ ..3.
        000005A7  3f 00 96 bd 05 01 1e 00  00 00 06 00 00 00 02 00 ?....... ........
        000005B7  00 00 01 d8 02 00 00 00  0c 00 00 00 68 00 65 00 ........ ....h.e.
        000005C7  6c 00 6c 00 6f 00 00 00  01 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 l.l.o... ........
    It is not the whole packet, but the Hex dump. I don't know yet how to edit packet in wireshark.

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

Changing memory files or ingame values in the memory won't work, they are mostly server sided, and will result in a ban/kick. I still think All I need is to override the coomand to read our modified game files.. but without a pro's help on that matter, im stuck. I am not a programmer/dev. I am avid at learnig about PC's, done some AutoIt stuff here and there. But I need help with either packet editing, /playback etc is easy) Or blocking the game exe or dll from reading modified files and telling the server I changed them. Any Ideas, people? I'll learn what I need to.

QQ You Dont hack but The code is for Cheat engine noob