Doesn't mean you can spam in general rat boy
    im a wolf..
    Scruffy does it tho

179° 56′ 39.4″, +0° 2′ 46.2″, 7,940 ± 420 parsecs
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    fuck scruffy

If anyone claims to be me via any other source outside of MPGH private or visitor messages, IT'S NOT ME!
    They are trying to trick or scam you. Report them immediately and PM me here for verification.
    "Don’t confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are." — Frank Ocean
    Moderator: 5/2009-10/2009 | GMod: 10/2009-10/2010 | Staff Administrator: 10/2010-Present
    I
    do not do requests via PM. Post in the appropriate section.

Stupid/Pointless Private messages = SPAM, SPAM = BAN.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    fuck scruffy
    Dat was hurtful :[

And no I do not. My posts are usually on topic and relevant to the OP.

OT: Not sure. I'm agnostic. Evolution seems to be more factual than some great big powerful universal overlord who created the planets and the stars. :\
    Though, who knows? God may be real. idk. I'm just a kid.
    Last edited by Scruffy; 10-28-2009 at 09:16 PM.

Gifts
    Czar [x][x]
    Liz [x][x]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    yay religion
    You want respect
    Earn it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Religion is true...
    Coz I say its true.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    i believe both (mostly yes) GOD was born in the big bang and made the rest of the universe including earth and man. Although later on in time some other primates evolved (Neanderthals) although they mostly died out some humans i believe are descendants of apes but most from GOD

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I really don't believe in science's "theories"

theories like the big bang and evolution will never have enough evidence to ever be considered a fact there also will have to be many changes to these theories as we become more advanced

and science won't ever be able to explain the way we got here as much as you think we will

the whole purpose of science is to explain nature and better ourselves

science does and can improve our lives but any conclusion about how we came about is not necessarily fact and can't be explained

as far as science ever disproving religion

if you think science has or will disprove God you are gravely mistaken

you see scientific method is something you can't apply to religion

i could say "I BELIEVE IN ZEUS" and you can not ever come up with proof zeus does not exsist

what im getting at is science and religion are not and should not be in a war to try to disprove each other all that does is stop progress

being a firm christian i believe if you are a major atheist i realize i can't change you i realize that the atheist mind differs greatly of that from a devout christian

I really do not even try to convert those firm atheists the fact is there is no evidence disproving the existence of god there however is to them.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    /facepalm

fatcat's stupid hurtz my head.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    /facepalm

fatcat's stupid hurtz my head.
    So glad I wasn't the only one who thought that babble was filled with stupidity.

Gifts
    Czar [x][x]
    Liz [x][x]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat911 View Post
    I really don't believe in science's "theories"

theories like the big bang and evolution will never have enough evidence to ever be considered a fact there also will have to be many changes to these theories as we become more advanced

and science won't ever be able to explain the way we got here as much as you think we will

the whole purpose of science is to explain nature and better ourselves

science does and can improve our lives but any conclusion about how we came about is not necessarily fact and can't be explained

as far as science ever disproving religion

if you think science has or will disprove God you are gravely mistaken

you see scientific method is something you can't apply to religion

i could say "I BELIEVE IN ZEUS" and you can not ever come up with proof zeus does not exsist

what im getting at is science and religion are not and should not be in a war to try to disprove each other all that does is stop progress

being a firm christian i believe if you are a major atheist i realize i can't change you i realize that the atheist mind differs greatly of that from a devout christian

I really do not even try to convert those firm atheists the fact is there is no evidence disproving the existence of god there however is to them.
    "theories like the big bang and evolution will never have enough evidence to ever be considered a fact"

(I'm going to try and stay focused directly on your statements because I have a tendency of talking about one topic and breaking off into another tangent of thought about a related but different topic, digression is a bitch )

Let's start off here, the big bang and evolution are a fact, in the sense that they happen(ed). Our currently model of evolution and the big bang are completely consistent with all observation. Our theories evolve as more information is gathered, if information is ever gathered that contradicts evolution and the big bang then the theories get thrown out. In the scientific community saying that evolution or the big bang are a lie, is JUST AS CRAZY as saying that the atomic theory or the germ theory of disease is a lie. Maybe you should think for a moment, perhaps it isn't science that's wrong.

"I really don't believe in science's "theories"

Really? Cell theory? Germ theory? Atomic theory? Kinetic theory of gases? Algorithmic information theory? Automata theory? Computation theory? Circuit theory? Control theory? Signal theory? Systems theory? Plate tectonics? Acoustic theory? Antenna theory? BCS theory? Landau theory? Perturbation theory? Theory of relativity? Quantum field theory? Scattering theory?

"and science won't ever be able to explain the way we got here as much as you think we will"
    I'm not sure what you mean by this, we won't be able to understand how living got here? Abiogenesis is a field of science that's trying to solve that problem as we speak. We've already found that life can come from non-life, it's just that we don't know how it happened on earth.

"science does and can improve our lives but any conclusion about how we came about is not necessarily fact and can't be explained"

The purpose of science is to explain things... it's to better understand the cosmos and all it contains, which includes life and the origin of living being such as ourselves. Science isn't meant to improve our lives, that's such a selfish approach to science, it's to try and understand with our limited ape brains the intricateness of the universe.

"if you think science has or will disprove God you are gravely mistaken
    you see scientific method is something you can't apply to religion"

God was the earliest hypothesis, and at the time it made sense. Mankind thought that this man in the sky was controlling all these strange and magically things in the world. When in reality it's not a God that controls nature, it's nature that controls itself. The scientific method can and has been applied to religion, if a religion has a claim like "the earth stands on pillars"

Job 9:6 Which shakes the earth out of her place, and the pillars thereof tremble.

Science has a test for that. We have verified the earth doesn't stand on pillars.

"i could say "I BELIEVE IN ZEUS" and you can not ever come up with proof zeus does not exsist

I really do not even try to convert those firm atheists the fact is there is no evidence disproving the existence of god there however is to them."

Are you trying to imply that because there is no evidence disproving the existence of a God that somehow it's a valid assertion? That has to be one of the most desperate things theists cling to.

I'm kind of sad that your idea of reality is in this tiny little box, impervious to all evidence. When you spend time thinking about the nature of the cosmos, you start to see just how unimpressive this "God" is. When you educate yourself about the universe, learn what systems it runs on and how those systems elegantly intertwine, how elegantly they explain the cosmos, a "God" isn't necessary to explain reality anymore. You can cling onto your ancient texts, I prefer reality.

I'll leave you with the famous Nobel-Prize winning theoretical physicist Richard Feynman
    Don't worry this isn't a video that tries to disprove God, just opening your mind to science and reality.

"We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast