Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

Outstanding quality compared to what? iPod earphones? $5 thrift shop headset?

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

Also crap when compared to an AD700 or ATH-M50.
    Doc, those are studio headphones. Totally different usage, so comparing them would be like comparing apples to oranges. I'm sure they have nice quality but so do the gaming headsets I listed above. If he is wanting a headset for gaming he should highly consider my choices.

"Dab is a Shitposting Retard" - Boombox 2016

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post

Hey Doc, AD700 vs HD280 PRO?

Just curious.
    Probably the AD700's still, especially if you listen to rock music as well. The drivers are larger in the AD700 and produce a much wider soundstage and the bass is accurate. They also have a more rocky tone than the HD280's. However the HD280 has better isolation if you don't want to hear anything but what you're listening to, and also don't want other people to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Enjoi View Post

Doc, those are studio headphones. Totally different usage, so comparing them would be like comparing apples to oranges. I'm sure they have nice quality but so do the gaming headsets I listed above. If he is wanting a headset for gaming he should highly consider my choices.
    Except they're better for gaming than pretty much every gaming headset on the market, in fact at least half the people who buy those buy it especially because of their gaming qualities. Those two headphones plus a desktop mic or AntLion would obliterate any gaming headset in any price bracket.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    I recommend Astro A40's, Astro builds their headphones in parts so if a piece breaks its easily replaceable.

Thanks

Probably the AD700's still, especially if you listen to rock music as well. The drivers are larger in the AD700 and produce a much wider soundstage and the bass is accurate. They also have a more rocky tone than the HD280's. However the HD280 has better isolation if you don't want to hear anything but what you're listening to, and also don't want other people to hear it.
    Hmm, might pick some up. I'm on my second pair of HD280s, and I love em mainly because of the isolation. People can be yelling in the hall and I won't hear them.

Ex Middleman

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Except they're better for gaming than pretty much every gaming headset on the market, in fact at least half the people who buy those buy it especially because of their gaming qualities. Those two headphones plus a desktop mic or AntLion would obliterate any gaming headset in any price bracket.
    Implying that a console (which OP mentions he has an XBOX) will support the headset along with a 3rd party mic. Also, where are you pulling those "facts" from? I only know a few people that use studio headphones and tell me, yes the quality is quite nice, but still want something that has a mic actually connected to the headset.

"Dab is a Shitposting Retard" - Boombox 2016

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post

Hmm, might pick some up. I'm on my second pair of HD280s, and I love em mainly because of the isolation. People can be yelling in the hall and I won't hear them.
    ​Crossfade LP's are also rather great for the price point.
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enjoi View Post

Implying that a console (which OP mentions he has an XBOX) will support the headset along with a 3rd party mic. Also, where are you pulling those "facts" from? I only know a few people that use studio headphones and tell me, yes the quality is quite nice, but still want something that has a mic actually connected to the headset.

Implying OP needs the mic for his xbox. No where does he state his requirements for a mic so my post has just as much weight as yours. And I'm pulling these "facts" from personal experience and from various forums I frequent outside of MPGH (Head-Fi and Whirlpool for example) along with objective and subjective reviews.

Let's not forget the many adapters available on the market to accommodate a standard mic + headphone setup on the 360.

https://steelseries.com/products/cons...audio-mixer-xb

https://steelseries.com/products/audi...orm-audiomixer
    Last edited by Doc; 08-04-2013 at 02:26 AM.
    THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    I was going to recommend the Logitech G930 but they have no 360 compatibility

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12