Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

MPGH News (9/6/13)

37th Edition
    9/6/13

New Design for "Thanks"
    This week, Dave asked the community if anyone had any pictures of MPGH's previous "Thank" design (when people would thank posts). He converted to a new Thank plugin that would look similar to the one we had before the upgrade, and instead, it looked even better. After a few days of using the plugin, the Thanks plugin was disabled/removed for unknown reasons. As of now, 9/7/13, the plugin is disabled or removed as you can not receive or give thanks to anyone.

New Sections! (Some may be late)
    Some of you may not have noticed, but many new sections have been getting added to MPGH recently. Notice, some of these may be late in our extinction of editions, but this should inform anyone who hasn't noticed, or is just curious

• Giveaway Section (Added: ~2 weeks ago)
      • This section was made due to the mass spam of "giveaway" threads in General. You can now host giveaways, but the giveaways can not have any requirements nor can you beg for rep/thanks.

• Art & Graphic Design
      • Oneirish has been trying really hard to get the Graphics section active, and revamped. This day has finally come, about 3-5 days ago. Oneirish got this section revamped with new thread prefixes, and some of the sub-forums from the past graphic forums. Not only that, Oneirish started his own "Art News" to spice up the section and keep it interesting and active. You can find his first edition here: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/760-art-gr...-3-2013-a.html

User News

- Donate to MPGH today!: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/2-general/...on-thread.html
    - New middleman's are needed! Apply today!: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/125-middle...-required.html

Notice: If you weren't mentioned in the User News, we are sorry. With new threads being created in General everyday it is hard to keep up with updates.

Postbans

Congratulations to @Ecstasy for achieving 16,000 posts!
    Congratulations to @Maxedout on achieving 3,000 posts!
    Congratulations to @Problems. on achieving 2,000 posts!
    Congratulations to @Color on 9,000 posts!
    Congratulations to @ლ(ಠ_ಠლ) for achieving 7,000 posts!

Birthdays

Happy Birthday to @Paralyze!
    Happy Birthday to @XoParadoxox!
    Happy Birthday to @Nazmark!
    Happy Birthday to @Woods!

Special

@anusforce is no longer a CS.

Demotions

@Color is no longer a middleman.

Interview - Antipathy

Doc: Hello Antipathy, how are you today?

Antipathy: Fine, depending on how you look at it.

Doc: Wheres the best view?

Antipathy: Well, I'm home, I'm currently eating and I have alcohol beside me.
    That's how I would see it positive in any way.

Doc: Alcohol and food in your belly is always a good thing.

Antipathy: Indeed, since being sober fucking sucks (:

Doc: Cheers to that! So when did you first join MPGH and why would you do such a thing?

Antipathy: Why wont someone please think of the children? Well, I joined 10th November, 2012 and I joined because I simply had nothing better to do.

Wasn't all that into hacking stuff then, not that much into hacking it now either.

I guess I was just trying to help out while being helped.

Doc: Admit it, you were leeching weren't you?

Antipathy: Not really, I downloaded one or two hacks.

Then I uploaded and updated a few (Not my own). While providing support for the people, free of charge

Doc: Sounds a lot like how I started out, download a couple of Dave's hacks then give support to the CA community. Now that we know how you've started, what has kept you around?

Antipathy: The sheer malice of being able to be passive aggressive towards people while effectively raising my linguistic abilities

Doc: Oh, that's nice reason. Most people just gravitate towards trying to become staff. Then fill general with their crap when they fail. And I guess that's where you come in :P

Antipathy
    : Filling general with crap or crapping on people?

Doc
    : Crapping on people. Its a pastime many of us high posters love to indulge in.

Antipathy
    : Then I was a high-poster at 400 posts already.
    Well, I turned into one pretty fast, I held my post count low for about a month or three, then it exploded into what I currently have.

Doc
    : Wow, not bad. If there was a game you'd like to moderate, which one would it be?

Antipathy
    : I'd be basing over the steam section and every single game in it.

Doc
    : We have a Steam section?

Antipathy
    : Didn't you know?
    Steam Games - MPGH - MultiPlayer Game Hacking & Cheats - Hacks, Cheats, Downloads, Trainers, Games

Doc
    : Nope, I just thought we did the games seperately and not under one section.

Antipathy
    : The Garrry's mod sub-section is there because I asked for it.
    So I'm currently "moderating" it, but without actually having power.

Doc
    : Fair enough, I'm sure once it gets more active you'll be the perfect candidate. What do you like to do outside of MPGH?

Antipathy
    : Having sex, smoking weed, making music and cooking.

Doc
    : Play any instruments?

Antipathy
    : I play anything I can get my hands on, not saying I'm good or anything.
    But I'm doing fine. Guitar, base, drums, piano & accordion.

Doc
    : That's some good range you have there. I played the guitar for a few years when I was younger but I've mostly lost all my skill in that department.

Antipathy
    : Well, I only do it when I feel like it, which is almost never nowadays.

Doc
    : Motivation is a hard thing to come by for many of us. So what really grinds your gears? What makes your blood boil the most, either on MPGH or in the real world.

Antipathy
    : Simply put, eveything.
    Depending on the magnitude.

Antipathy
    : Luckily I have quite an immense patience, as I have five younger siblings.

Doc
    : Oh shit, man I would go ballistic if I had that many. Anything else you'd like to say before we wrap this up? Anyone you'd like to mention?

Antipathy
    : Yes, I'm looking for my albino bunny-rabbit has anyone seen it?
    Just kiddin', anyone got any weed they can spare and send it to me, I need it.

Doc
    : Hahaha, I'd you some if I had some, but weed is too hard to come by where I live and the quality isn't worth the drive. Anyways, it's been a pleasure interviewing you Antipathy! May many noobs be crushed under your boot.

Antipathy
    : All hail negativism.

Mighty No. 9 Kickstarter

Well, it's finally here. A successor to the ever-so popular series Megaman now has a kickstarter to revamp a new series of Megaman-type games. The new development team has 11 people, 5 of which have worked on previous Megaman games, an 4 of which are purely community-based (e.g. talking to us, giving us updates, making documentaries, etc.) More info about this kickstarter can be found here.

Steam Allows Offline Trades

A few days ago, Steam released a new trading system that allows you to make offers to other people even if they're offline.
    [img]https://files.gamebanan*****m/bitpit/trade_offers.jpg[/img]
    I'm sure that a large majority of us are familiar with trading, and how much of a pain it is to try and get that one trade where you make like a 0.66 ref profit but the guy lives in fucking Korea and it's impossible to be online with him at the same time, right? Well, now you don't have to worry about that anymore. You can just offer something to him, he can offer something to you (x hours later), you both accept the trade, and you get that small profit. It's pretty neat if I say so myself.
    For more information, visit the support page.

Ouya Officially Released

Time flies by, doesn't it? The Ouya, a very popular item during the Kickstarter craze (which, honestly, is still happening), is now officially release on Amazon and in retail stores. It's already completely sold out on Amazon, too. However, I see this as a failure because a large handful of Ouya backers never even got their beta console. Way to go, Ouya. The controllers are having issues (stiff analog sticks, the buttons randomly sticking, etc.), the fan is underneath the console, which disallows air flow and easily overheats the console, it has an HDCP chip, which is a form of protection to prevent people from recording directly on the console, and the list goes on. However, I recently obtained a copy, and you can watch my MPGH-exclusive review on it .

Courtesy of Pulitzer Center

Romanian government allows controversial new Canadian gold mine to move forward

The Romanian government have amended their environment laws to make way for a multi-billion dollar mining project that makes use of cyanide to mine gold and silver. The mine, if passed through Parliament, would be Europe's largest open-pit mine spanning over 8 kilometers and would be visible from space. The Romanian government also happens to have a 25% stake in the Canadian based company (Gabriel Resources Ltd, gee thanks Gab) and is set to receive around 75% of the mines economic value in the form of taxes and jobs. Environmentalists are concerned that the mine would topple four mountain tops and destroy three surrounding villages if it isn't stopped at parliament. Currently multiple protests of thousands of citizens have sprouted all over Romania against the planned mine.

Courtesy of Phys.org

Jurassic Park emerges out of Venezuela's oil

During a surv.ey of Venezuelan soil an oil company has uncovered thousands of fossil dating anywhere from 14,000 to 370 million years ago. Amongst the findings are traces of a Volkswagen sized armadillo, a crocodile the size of a bus and the femur of a six ton mastodon from the end of the last Ice Age. Paleontologists are now digging further to try and find fossils linked to prehistoric human life. The uncovered fossils are now being held at the Venezuelan Institute for Scientific Research.

Courtesy of g20

Majority of G20 countries support a "strong international response" against Syria

Eleven of the G20 countries supported a "strong international response" during the G20 summit. However the summit still remains divided in their opinion of a limited US strike against Syria without the support of the UN Security Council. Obama has stated that going through the Security Council is not a view he shares, as Russia has opposed the idea of a US strike effectively vetoing any plan of action that is submitted to the council.

Amazon will reportedly give away its smartphone for free
    The phone would be free, no wireless contract necessary, and sold on Amazon.com or through wireless carriers, according to unnamed sources.

Amazon is going to give away its long-rumored smartphone for free of charge, according to a report from former Wall Street Journal reporters amir Efrati and Jessica E. Lessin.

Unnamed sources told the pair that Amazon is considering the offer for "its long-planned smartphone." whereas it's talked to wireless corporations concerning marketing the phones through the carriers' channels, Amazon will most likely sell the phone on its website.
    The company does not want to make people sign up for a wireless plan contract for the free phone, a requirement wireless corporations generally use to encourage customers to renew their contracts in exchange for a free or discounted phone. It's unclear if Amazon would make its smartphone users sign up for one thing like a carrier's plan, just like the Amazon Prime program, which wraps free delivery and content services into a yearly subscription.

Source: Amazon will reportedly give away its smartphone for free | Mobile - CNET News

NASA probe takes off to solve moon dust mystery
    What was responsible for the eerie lunar glow reported by the crew of Apollo 17? The LADEE probe is on its way to the moon to find out.

NASA's LADEE lunar probe takes off from Virginia aboard a Minotaur V rocket.
    (Credit: Screenshot by Tim Hornyak/CNET)

There's a freaky glow on the moon and scientists have launched an exploration to work out what it is.
    A Minotaur V rocket roared into the skies above Virginia late Fri carrying the super sleuth automaton, NASA's lunar Atmosphere and dust environment explorer (LADEE), which is able to examine the moon's infinitesimal atmosphere and dust.
    The $280 million mission began with a textbook launch, visible to millions east coast the geographical area, as the probe was carried aloft at 11:27 p.m. ET from Pad 0B at NASA's Wallops Flight Facility on Wallops Island, Va.
    It marks the primary use of Wallops Island for a moonshot, as well as the debut mission for Orbital Sciences' Minotaur V booster.

Source: NASA probe takes off to solve moon dust mystery | Crave - CNET

BlackBerry: We submitted BBM for iOS two weeks ago
    BlackBerry's marquee app is awaiting approval, says a longtime spokesman.

BlackBerry messenger (or BBM), a marquee messaging app for the BlackBerry OS is coming to Apple's iOS shortly.
    Alex Kinsella, a longtime mobile manager at BlackBerry, Tweeted today that the company submitted the first-ever iOS version of its communicator to Apple two weeks ago.
    According to a third-party app store tracker, it presently takes Apple four days to review an app. That ostensibly puts BBM for iOS a week and a half behind the average review length...assuming that is all there is to the story.

Source: BlackBerry: We submitted BBM for iOS two weeks ago | Mobile - CNET News

MPGH News Team

• Writers

- Thanks to Doc for doing this week's Global News
    Last edited by Psychotic; 09-07-2013 at 01:33 PM.

Super User since 02.02.2020
    Global Moderator since 09.23.2017
    Moderator since 09.01.2016
    Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Marketplace Minion since 06.09.2016
    Trove Minion since 06.06.2016
    Middleman since 04.21.2016
    Social Engineering Minion since 02.03.2016
    News FO Freelancer From 11.08.2015 to 07.23.2016
    News FO Head Editor From 08.23.2015 to 11.08.2015
    News FO Head Editor From 07.19.2012 to 08.11.2014
    MPGH News and News FO Founder
    Programming Minion From Unknown to 04.23.2013
    Minecraft Minion From 09.19.2012 to 04.23.2013
    Member since 05.13.2012

Thanks
    Long time no see news
    Contact me by PM or VM

/-/

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    why didn't you mention bill gates buying nokia
    Last edited by DarkLordXYZ; 09-07-2013 at 11:29 AM.
    [Vouched] Filehost l VPN l Music l Streaming l Gaming l Education l Security l Torrent l Others [All Accounts Shop]

Make sure to use an OMM for all your trades for a safer trade

Need an OMM? Just want to talk? VM/PM

~vertice

Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post

I look like an emo bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by x00u View Post
    Your moms so fat her ESP Box is in another dimension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post

Lol, man, I see why i cant get staff, cause people still hate me for no reason like you, Always rude to me.
    [/CENTER]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Good job, where's the interview(s) ?

MPGH member since 11 February 2012
    Ex - Contributor
    Ex - CF minion

Thanks
    Nice, good to have a new article out.
    Being an ass 95% of the time.

Thanks
    Great read man thanks
    SOCIAL ENGINEERING SECTION! - FREE EBOOKS AND METHODS! CLICK ME

THANK ME
    And be thankful that you thanked me
    Im so wise

Send me a PM or at me on skype
    Skype - theretardedpig

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    good job

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    Nice,thanks

Thanks
    My Mood
    Grumpy
    it was time

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    No interviews?
    Rep. Power: 126

Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaps View Post
    Long time no see news
    You're kidding right? We posted an edition last week too. /fp

Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Member since 05.13.2012

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vice-Versa View Post
    No interviews?
    We'll get it in. If you missed last edition, I noted that we're only doing 1 interview a week now to "save" our resource of members to interview. We don't want to interview members twice, but I guess we will have to one day. Though, some of the old interviews may be outdated, so it'd be good to do that. But yeah, only 1 interview a week now.

Minion+ since 07.22.2016

Member since 05.13.2012

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    im always available for interviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Sheep View Post

We'll get it in. If you missed last edition, I noted that we're only doing 1 interview a week now to "save" our resource of members to interview. We don't want to interview members twice, but I guess we will have to one day. Though, some of the old interviews may be outdated, so it'd be good to do that. But yeah, only 1 interview a week now.
    [Vouched] Filehost l VPN l Music l Streaming l Gaming l Education l Security l Torrent l Others [All Accounts Shop]

Make sure to use an OMM for all your trades for a safer trade

Need an OMM? Just want to talk? VM/PM

~vertice

Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post

I look like an emo bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by x00u View Post
    Your moms so fat her ESP Box is in another dimension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post

Lol, man, I see why i cant get staff, cause people still hate me for no reason like you, Always rude to me.
    [/CENTER]

Thanks
    Yeah, our interviewer I think knows there's a lot of people. Generally our "guidelines" for people we interview is someone who's active in the community and that isn't some guy who has 10 posts and just comes to MPGH to leech off of CA hacks.

Minion+ since 07.22.2016