Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted

Cecil Hotel's Dark History

This is like the 2nd part of what @Ethereal posted, Sleep well children., and it's about the hotel where "Elisa Lam", The mysterious death of the young woman whose body was found in a water tank on the roof of a cheap downtown hotel has been ruled accidental.

Cecil Hotel's Dark History:

Built in the 1920s to cater to “businessmen to come into town and spend a night or two”, Cecil Hotel was quickly upstaged by more glamorous hotels. Located near the infamous Skid Row area, the hotel began renting rooms on a long-term basis for cheap prices, a policy that attracted a shiftier crowd. The hotel’s reputation quickly went from “shifty” to “morbid” when it became notorious for numerous suicides and murders, as well as lodging famous serial killers.

“Part of its sordid history, involves two serial killers, Richard Ramirez and Jack Unterweger.
    Now on death row, Ramirez, labeled “the Nightstalker”, was living at the Cecil Hotel in 1985, in a top floor room. He was charged 14 dollars a night. In a building filled with transients, he remained unnoticed as he stalked and killed his 13 female victims. Richard Schave, said “He was dumping his bloody clothes in the Dumpster, at the end of his evening and returned via the back entrance.”
    Jack Unterweger, was a journalist covering crime in Los Angeles for an Austrian magazine in 1991. “We believe he was living at the Cecil Hotel in homage to Ramirez,” Schave said.
    He is blamed with killing three prostitutes in Los Angeles, while being a guest at the Cecil.
    In the 50’s and 60’s the Cecil was known as a place that people would go to jump out of one of the hotel’s windows to commit suicide.
    Helen Gurnee, in her 50s, leaped from a seventh floor window, landing on the Cecil Hotel marquee, on October 22, 1954.
    Julia Moore jumped from her eighth floor room window, on February 11, 1962.
    Pauline Otton, 27, jumped from a ninth floor window after an argument with her estranged husband, on October 12, 1962. Otton landed on George Gianinni, 65, who was walking on the side walk, 90 feet below. Both were killed instantly.
    There was also a murder of one of the residents. “Pigeon Goldie” Osgood, a retired telephone operator, known for protecting and feeding pigeons in a nearby park, was found dead in his ransacked room on June 4, 1964. He had been stabbed, strangled, and raped. The crime still remains unsolved.”

Elisa Lam’s case is yet another sordid addition to the hotel’s history and can lead us to ask: “What the fuck is wrong with that place”?

Another strange coincidence, shortly after the discovery of Elisa Lam’s body, a deadly outbreak of tuberculosis occurred in Skid Row, near Cecil Hotel. You probably won’t believe the name of the test kit used in these kinds of situations: LAM-ELISA. That is hardcore synchronicity.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by Euphemistic View Post
    Julia Moore jumped from her eighth floor room window, on February 11, 1962. ... Another strange coincidence, shortly after the discovery of Elisa Lam’s body, a deadly outbreak of tuberculosis occurred in Skid Row, near Cecil Hotel. You probably won’t believe the name of the test kit used in these kinds of situations: LAM-ELISA. That is hardcore synchronicity.
    My friend's name is Julia Moore And that last coincidence is freaky.

Official Middleman since: 30 January 2014
    Minion since: 3 May 2014
    Editor since: 13 May 2014
    Marine since: 10 November 1775

Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    I apologize to anyone who I have called autistic, for this is the most autistic thing I have ever seen. Thanks gbot.
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
    You're the cancer of the marketplace. Someone vouch for me. +1

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wassabi? View Post
    My friend's name is Julia Moore And that last coincidence is freaky.

Freaky, indeed.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah

Freaky, indeed.
    Definitely. I wonder how much more fucked up this place can get.

Official Middleman since: 30 January 2014
    Minion since: 3 May 2014
    Editor since: 13 May 2014
    Marine since: 10 November 1775

Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    I apologize to anyone who I have called autistic, for this is the most autistic thing I have ever seen. Thanks gbot.
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
    You're the cancer of the marketplace. Someone vouch for me. +1

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    This is like the 2nd part of what @Ethereal posted, Sleep well children., and it's about the hotel where "Elisa Lam", The mysterious death of the young woman whose body was found in a water tank on the roof of a cheap downtown hotel has been ruled accidental.

Cecil Hotel's Dark History:

Built in the 1920s to cater to “businessmen to come into town and spend a night or two”, Cecil Hotel was quickly upstaged by more glamorous hotels. Located near the infamous Skid Row area, the hotel began renting rooms on a long-term basis for cheap prices, a policy that attracted a shiftier crowd. The hotel’s reputation quickly went from “shifty” to “morbid” when it became notorious for numerous suicides and murders, as well as lodging famous serial killers.

“Part of its sordid history, involves two serial killers, Richard Ramirez and Jack Unterweger.
    Now on death row, Ramirez, labeled “the Nightstalker”, was living at the Cecil Hotel in 1985, in a top floor room. He was charged 14 dollars a night. In a building filled with transients, he remained unnoticed as he stalked and killed his 13 female victims. Richard Schave, said “He was dumping his bloody clothes in the Dumpster, at the end of his evening and returned via the back entrance.”
    Jack Unterweger, was a journalist covering crime in Los Angeles for an Austrian magazine in 1991. “We believe he was living at the Cecil Hotel in homage to Ramirez,” Schave said.
    He is blamed with killing three prostitutes in Los Angeles, while being a guest at the Cecil.
    In the 50’s and 60’s the Cecil was known as a place that people would go to jump out of one of the hotel’s windows to commit suicide.
    Helen Gurnee, in her 50s, leaped from a seventh floor window, landing on the Cecil Hotel marquee, on October 22, 1954.
    Julia Moore jumped from her eighth floor room window, on February 11, 1962.
    Pauline Otton, 27, jumped from a ninth floor window after an argument with her estranged husband, on October 12, 1962. Otton landed on George Gianinni, 65, who was walking on the side walk, 90 feet below. Both were killed instantly.
    There was also a murder of one of the residents. “Pigeon Goldie” Osgood, a retired telephone operator, known for protecting and feeding pigeons in a nearby park, was found dead in his ransacked room on June 4, 1964. He had been stabbed, strangled, and raped. The crime still remains unsolved.”

Elisa Lam’s case is yet another sordid addition to the hotel’s history and can lead us to ask: “What the fuck is wrong with that place”?

Another strange coincidence, shortly after the discovery of Elisa Lam’s body, a deadly outbreak of tuberculosis occurred in Skid Row, near Cecil Hotel. You probably won’t believe the name of the test kit used in these kinds of situations: LAM-ELISA. That is hardcore synchronicity.
    Stop. I do not need this.
    there's nothing left for you here.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Remm. View Post

Stop. I do not need this.
    Simply don't read it ._.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Simply don't read it ._.
    No, make me. . _____.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Crappy
    Mono_Cecil Is Also Dark Indeed.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Remm. View Post

No, make me. . _____.

Just did.

You can't prove that I haven't.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Just did.

You can't prove that I haven't.
    You got me. Euphemistic wins again.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    The Nightstalker lived there?
    Damn, this keeps getting better.
    You were seeking strength, justice, splendour.
    You were seeking love.
    Here is the pit, here is your pit.
    Its name is Silence..

Thanks
    Where's the third part

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Richard Ramirez is dead now btw. Died earlier this year.

Thanks
    I wasn't intending on sleeping anyways.. and man, why didn't muslims blow up that building instead of the World Trade Center?
    ALLAHU ACKBAR

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    1st thread was scarier.
    Rep. Power: 126

Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast