Thread: Codename_BC

ヽಠ_ಠᕤ Headrockin' ᕦಠ_ಠ╯
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

Codename_BC

Just been googling around and i've found an awesome render that i truly wanted to use in a signature...
    ...However i had some issues putting everything together so this signature took a huge amount of time and over 7 attempts,i am satisfied with the final result but i feel it somehow lacking,but since i have no clue about how to improve it,here it is

Looking for CnC,especially ideas on how to improve it as i'm willing to swap this one with the actual one

And btw, @TheyCallMeDaz . ( I know you'd enjoy seeing this )

P.s. Yeah i've spotted some errors to fix already,i may fix them today...or maybe not xP
    P.P.s. This image is kind of deceptive: It has an apparently simple outcome but the process behind isn't; Also,looking the image up-close will make you think of it being a few,smashed,splatters of color...while if looking it by far away Bandetto looks like riding the yellow :O

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    I like the colors and the smudging work, but im not liking yous canvas sizes man.. Try making them smaller in width, that way you don't get so much empty negative space on the far left or right, and also work with the rule of thirds

The blending is pretty well, but the background is very plain, try using stocks and c4d effects, just experiment, but the number 1 issue is your canvas sizes start working with maybe something like 400x200 or 500x300 nothing over 500x500

keep it up man.

Threadstarter
    ヽಠ_ಠᕤ Headrockin' ᕦಠ_ಠ╯
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    I definetly agree on the canvas size (i usually take the render,then cut the image and work directly from there :x) and the incredibly plain background.

However i think the rule of the thumb was pretty much utilized,wasn't it?

The text divides perfectly the first and second vertical sections x)
    And Bandetto's shoulders are near the 2nd and 3rd orizzontal section...Not fully respected but mostly :3
    ( I would've put Bandetto a little lower but then that amazing bandana would've been lost D

Aside from that,Thank you alot for your CnC,i really appreciate it

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    The concept is good, everything is good but! I think the purple stripes should be thicker, the orange splash should be completely behind render imo. Thats all actually.
    Formerly known as gamer4evere

Participated on:
    MPGH GAMING NIGHT 08/03/2015 - Town of Salem

Threadstarter
    ヽಠ_ಠᕤ Headrockin' ᕦಠ_ಠ╯
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer4evere View Post
    The concept is good, everything is good but! I think the purple stripes should be thicker, the orange splash should be completely behind render imo. Thats all actually.
    Yeah,initially it was like this,but then it'd just look like a background,a subject,two lines and 3 words,wouldn't it? :3

Also,i tried applying 4 various sizes to those stripes,this one is the medium-small option.
    Smaller would've been bad looking,thickier,instead,caused too much distraction from that sweet nose (That i'd beep bep very happily hehehAHHEHAHE).

ATM those lines are used to create some "fake depth" ^.^

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by IV2B View Post
    Yeah,initially it was like this,but then it'd just look like a background,a subject,two lines and 3 words,wouldn't it? :3

Also,i tried applying 4 various sizes to those stripes,this one is the medium-small option.
    Smaller would've been bad looking,thickier,instead,caused too much distraction from that sweet nose (That i'd beep bep very happily hehehAHHEHAHE).

ATM those lines are used to create some "fake depth" ^.^
    Not really successful at that attempt though (dont mean harm, its not like im a pro either, probably I do shit worse than you) but the truth is that I cant change my CnC no matter how much I try, I think that this one should have thicker bars, the orange splay should not cover his crown, and try t pop text a bit more.

Participated on:

Threadstarter
    ヽಠ_ಠᕤ Headrockin' ᕦಠ_ಠ╯
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer4evere View Post

Not really successful at that attempt though (dont mean harm, its not like im a pro either, probably I do shit worse than you) but the truth is that I cant change my CnC no matter how much I try, I think that this one should have thicker bars, the orange splay should not cover his crown, and try t pop text a bit more.
    My target wasn't making you change idea,it's just that i feel like justifying and self-convincing myself of having chosen a relatively fine path.
    (This is why i almost can't play any class based game)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by IV2B View Post
    My target wasn't making you change idea,it's just that i feel like justifying and self-convincing myself of having chosen a relatively fine path.
    (This is why i almost can't play any class based game)
    Dont worry about pleasing everyone. Just go RAMBOing!

PS: FORGET ABOUT THE TEXT ON THE PICTURE.

Participated on:

Threadstarter
    ヽಠ_ಠᕤ Headrockin' ᕦಠ_ಠ╯
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Fixed and resized the image
    Last edited by IV2B; 11-06-2013 at 02:07 PM.