Thanks

Client-Side Bot?

I'm not sure where else to post this, but I need a bit of help making a client-side bot for TF2 which would play the game for me.

I have the Source SDK and I know a little C++, but I'm not sure where to look in the Source SDK and not sure how to reroute the code to make it do what I want. Does anybody know enough about this to give me a hand?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Bump??? :P

Thanks
    I've been wanting to do this too. Bump.

Thanks
    For those who want to idle, it'd probably a good way to do that, so long as you are diligent enough to accept the item drops as they come...

And for those who are interested in AI and putting it in a situations vs. real players to gauge how good they are, track their stats, etc. it's good too.

I know Saigns has a similar plugin on their servers, but the bots there have really really poor AI, reduced damage output, and increased damage vulnerability, so if you leave the autopilot on for a while, the bot racks up about 6 kills and 70 deaths - having a program that would turn you into a TF_Bot would probably yield better results. Plus, it's just fun to watch bots in my opinion. Seeing people's reactions to having a random bot on their server would be amusing too.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Maybe what your looking for is this, in Left 4 Dead 2 if your AFK in a multiplayer game you turn into a bot. Maybe you would find one of those files and put it into the Source SDK Base and transfer it over to tf2 as a script or hack. Exactly I'm not sure how to achieve this but I bet somebody out there can.

Shrek is Love, Shrek is Life

Thanks
    TF2 has its own bot code, so I guess I just need to reroute the code so that the bot will control me instead of me having to do it myself. :P

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by simis simomis View Post
    TF2 has its own bot code, so I guess I just need to reroute the code so that the bot will control me instead of me having to do it myself. :P
    yeah, "just" that
    get good.

Thanks
    Heh, well I don't claim to be an expert...

Nor do I profess to have any level of proficiency with anything programming-related, but I digress ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lmaobox View Post
    yeah, "just" that
    rekt

AutoHotKey scripts or any external program wouldn't work, because it needs to understand the surroundings in order to play for you, unless the external program used the navigation meshes the game puts together. Even then, it wouldn't be able to see the control point/payload status or aim and fire at players. It would be reinventing the wheel, which feels too long and unnecessary. Because that wheel would be a square even when complete.

I'm sure a serverside plugin would be capable of this, because the server already manages the bots, and has an entire game environment at the plugin's disposal. This sourcemod plugin allows players to play as bots, but that only copies the attributes of the existing bot (name, weapons, etc.) to the player so they can take the bots place in their current position. What we're trying to accomplish would be the opposite.
    We're trying to make it so we can 'merge' with the bot, in a sense. The player's attributes need to be copied on top of a bot, instead of a bot being copied on top of a player.

I'm not sure how to go about this. I'm sure there's some sort of sourcemod player-bot plugin we can start with as a base, but I'm really not sure what to look for in order to make this possible.

I'm just one guy, though. There are people here that are much smarter than I, so hopefully that guy sees this post, and we can get this thread through and locked.

Thanks
    Well, I'm pretty sure the bots use automated button presses and mouse movements, so I'm fairly sure there's a way to superimpose them on the player.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by simis simomis View Post
    Well, I'm pretty sure the bots use automated button presses and mouse movements, so I'm fairly sure there's a way to superimpose them on the player.
    That's true, but the thing is I don't know how one would go about merging the two.

Thanks
    Mmm. That's the problem. :P